Broxburn Athletic

32 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

The League no-one wants to win.

Well those with an SFA License. 😉

Anyways onto a game that matters. 😁😁

FB_IMG_1714923851713.thumb.jpg.f114c661948ccb585a45b3c6392b43ba.jpg

🤣🤣 probably more than a bit of truth in that. 

On 29/04/2024 at 12:53, Jordi1977 said:

Directions may be handy!! I'll likely have to slink away from work a bit cheekily early for it

Of course... we've no actually won our league quite yet! Just about limping to that finishing line, but lets no quite yet get carried away and jinx it!

For any Broxburn fans thinking about heading down tomorrow for a pre play off look at your opponents. It would take up to 3 hours to drive to Creetown, weather looks good. Worse things to do on a May Wednesday.

As someone who is regularly up in Glasgow for gigs and theatre nights, there are worse drives. Does help that I know the roads pretty well.

1 hour ago, andy25 said:

If Broxburn dont hit double figures over the 2 games I'll be very surprised.

I'll be surprised if they did. I like your confidence. Any win will do to get promoted. 

It's a picturesque ground is Islecroft, with a nice old stand. They used to do good sandwiches in the Social club too. 

Star used to be tough opponents when they played in the East of Scotland League so it might be closer than you think.. 

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

I'd expect Star to make it hard but Broxburn should tuck them away over 2 legs.

TBH you would expect that but having seen them well beaten twice in important cup ties to relegation strugglers this season I’m not so confident 🤷🏻‍♂️.

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

I'd expect Star to make it hard but Broxburn should tuck them away over 2 legs.

You may well be correct but do Dalbeattie really fancy going back to humpings every week after enjoying successful season and a chance to reset ? To early surely.

3 hours ago, annan4eva said:

You may well be correct but do Dalbeattie really fancy going back to humpings every week after enjoying successful season and a chance to reset ? To early surely.

Speaking with fans at games, they seem to have enjoyed being back 'home'. Players seem happier too winning games. 

That's why we have the pyramid; for clubs to find their level, enjoying the game. Like you say where is the enjoyment in drubbings more often than not 

A belated congrats on staying in League 1, was keeping a constant check on updates from Forthbank. First season can be daunting at a new level, so hopefully can push on next season and become a fixture in League 1.

Right Islecroft it is, Sat 18th @ 1500 I understand. A lovely place to watch a game of football on a Saturday afternoon.

There are a few hostelries for a pre-match settling of nerves if required. A few eateries for any post-match refuelling if required. Ample parking for cars and coaches across Colliston Park just a short walk from the picturesque Islecroft if required. Friendly enough locals if required.

Any queries happily answered. If required of course.

1 hour ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Speaking with fans at games, they seem to have enjoyed being back 'home'. Players seem happier too winning games. 

That's why we have the pyramid; for clubs to find their level, enjoying the game. Like you say where is the enjoyment in drubbings more often than not 

A belated congrats on staying in League 1, was keeping a constant check on updates from Forthbank. First season can be daunting at a new level, so hopefully can push on next season and become a fixture in League 1.

Thank you, and with a new manager inbound I’m sure we will kick on. Mid table is about what can be expected really. 

On your other point thats why I really don’t understand what’s in the mindset of the good people ( now ) who are in charge of Gretna.

55 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

Thank you, and with a new manager inbound I’m sure we will kick on. Mid table is about what can be expected really. 

On your other point thats why I really don’t understand what’s in the mindset of the good people ( now ) who are in charge of Gretna.

For a youngish league club like Annan League 1 is a great level to be at.

I was in half a mind that it would be good for the development of Gretna to drop out of the LL and get some stability in SOSFL. Ate they loving at another season of drubbings. Particularly if Broxburn join the party, that league is o ly going to get tougher.

A bit of a sore one the second leg on a Friday for Dalbeattie. It's probably better for them to have us on Saturday as I doubt we would take many supporters on a Friday night with the distance, so more coin to them. It doesn't seem fair on any part time team to have a fixture more than 45 minutes away, when guys have to finish work and get through.

32 minutes ago, albynpark said:

A bit of a sore one the second leg on a Friday for Dalbeattie. It's probably better for them to have us on Saturday as I doubt we would take many supporters on a Friday night with the distance, so more coin to them. It doesn't seem fair on any part time team to have a fixture more than 45 minutes away, when guys have to finish work and get through.

Totally agree with you👍

Out of interest will you be bringing many down on the Saturday?