Broxburn Athletic

15 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

The lad is a big unit and a very good footballer, so no argument he is a good standby to have as emergency central defender. But he was signed to score goals rather than prevent them. It's really just another wee gripe at how the season is playing out for Broxburn that he's needed back there.

It would be lovely to see a team out for consistent matches with everyone in their preferred/strongest position. And I can't wait to get a look at Brad in there when he's ready too (I'd actually forgotten all about that signing until mentioned above).

a ken what your saying m8 but we don’t ken the ins and outs of injuries / suspensions at broxy the now so good on the big man for stepping in as cover tae help id say

9 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

No he was injured.  Has had a number of niggly injuries this season. Signed as a centre forward but been drafted in as a makeshift centre back.  

Errol didn't play against the Rose because he was on a stag weekend in Berlin !

1 hour ago, StraightOuttaEOS said:

a ken what your saying m8 but we don’t ken the ins and outs of injuries / suspensions at broxy the now so good on the big man for stepping in as cover tae help id say

I've always rated Errol... think he just about kept LTHV up by himself. There was a home match earlier in season (and for the life of me I can't think who it was against) and he played at the back... since that allowed him a bit more time on the ball, he was pinging the ball around like Pirlo! Really got a glipse of just how good he can be.

So definitely an asset having him anywhere on the pitch... especially since beggars can't be choosers with our off field issues and getting a team out!

41 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Errol didn't play against the Rose because he was on a stag weekend in Berlin !

I just assumed he missed through injury too. 

Guess things like that that will always happen once you move further down the league levels as the players have their real lives to be getting on with.

3 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

I just assumed he missed through injury too. 

Guess things like that that will always happen once you move further down the league levels as the players have their real lives to be getting on with.

I assumed that also (he was injured as he was not there) as I know he has been struggling a bit.  Think it may have been against Kirkcaldy but he went off injured there.

I like him too, but think we need to get him playing up front and on a regular basis.  Has shown glimpses of what he can do but never got a run at it.

Definitely gonna be a tough one today.

Just been watching some of the kids taking shots into Sean before kick off... genuinely thinking "sign them" about a couple! Better efforts than the first team during their warm up!

5 mins to kick off and a really low looking crowd... where are Broxburn failing in attracting the locals to get into the ground?

2 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

5 mins to kick off and a really low looking crowd... where are Broxburn failing in attracting the locals to get into the ground?

getting knocked out early in cups and not challenging for the league in a nutshell

Today was better, Penicuik missed a few chances but we where due luck against Penicuik. Now we have to keep this going not just next week, but every week

30 minutes ago, albynpark said:

getting knocked out early in cups and not challenging for the league in a nutshell

Today was better, Penicuik missed a few chances but we where due luck against Penicuik. Now we have to keep this going not just next week, but every week

Aye it may just be as simple as that... still can't help but think that there should be 100 or so more in there. Maybe more results like today will see people take an interest. 

Definitely got away with a couple of scares at the end of the first half today... and really need to work on seeing out games as it was a pretty nervy last 10 minutes as Penicuik really pushed for it... but other than that, a pretty good overall display. Looked dangerous going forward and all the players looked keen to get on the ball.

Still a lot of areas to work on, but looking for more performances like this.

Well done today. Something was missing from our (Penicuik) performance today but you were the better team on the day.  Great pies as always.  Interesting about your comment on crowds as ours are well down on last year too. Not sure if it’s the cost of living crisis or the increase to £8 but still a worry.  It’s not like we’re struggling performance wise so can’t put my finger in it. Are any other clubs seeing the same drop in crowds? 

2 hours ago, norwichbobby said:

Well done today. Something was missing from our (Penicuik) performance today but you were the better team on the day.  Great pies as always.  Interesting about your comment on crowds as ours are well down on last year too. Not sure if it’s the cost of living crisis or the increase to £8 but still a worry.  It’s not like we’re struggling performance wise so can’t put my finger in it. Are any other clubs seeing the same drop in crowds? 

TBH it could have gone anyway if one of the first half chances for Cuikie went in.  But definitely a better performance from Broxburn than in recent weeks.

In terms of crowds I do think the cost of living crisis will hit all clubs a bit. Shame really for all the committee’s who work really hard for all these clubs.

Good display by Broxburn today.  I'm not sure how Errol got to that header! Nice to see the ex Edinburgh City stars Gogsy and Shegs still plugging away. Indeed the excellent programme had a drawing of that handsome bugger Mr Harrison on the cover :lol:

I was maybe expecting more from Penicuik, perhaps it was one of those days for them although they missed a few chances to earn a point. 

So I saw a 2-2 draw last week at Sauchie, a 6-3 on Wednesday at Arnadale and a 2-1 today at Albyn Park: East of Scotland League for thrills and good pies.

3 hours ago, norwichbobby said:

If Penicuik had scored from either of the chances towards the end of the first half, I'd think the least you leave with is a point. That's definitely the wee buts of luck that Broxburn has been missing a lot of this season... so we'll take it!

Crowds... I took in the Armadale midweek game on Wednesday... a pretty healthy 360 or so was in for that... probably a bit more when you add on committee members, etc. I know it was a special occasion with it being first game back at their own ground... but if Armadale can get that on a Wednesday night... I think a Saturday afternoon then towns of a similar size (or bigger as I think both Broxburn and Penicuik are) would be able to match that. It could well be the cost of living and folks just bracing themselves for the incoming winter months.

Good to get through today after bad play acting got Shegs sent off. To be fair Shegs shouldn't of raised his hands and if it was a Broxburn player falling over like that, I probably would of applauded him, but it is still cheating. I think it galvanised us so well done to the full team for a brilliant performance 

Edited by albynpark
Spelling