Third Divison 22/23

Lanark 2 Saltcoats 1

Missed a sitter in first minute and a Chucky Watt double inside 15 minutes had me thinking we would cruise to victory but I was very wrong.  Amazed that this young Saltcoats team only have 6 points. They made a real game of it and I am told they had a good shout for balls being over the goal line on TWO separate occasions plus for a penalty, all in the first half, which the ref didn't see or give.  Saltcoats pulled one back with an excellent strike.

Even game in the 2nd half in which we hit the bar. Both keepers had good saves to make and it was uncomfortable for us right to the end.

Impressed by the Saltcoats number 9. Good player.

Lanark not renowned for grinding out results but we've done that 2 or 3 times this season which is a good sign.

Irvine Victoria 4 - 0 Dalry Thistle

Relatively straight forward win for the Toria, with four different goal scorers. Another 3pts, clean sheet and big Kevin adds to his individual goals record for the club. Great Stuff

Mon the Toria 🔶⚪🔶⚫

2 hours ago, bc57 said:

What are spectator facilities like?  Food on offer?

Spectator facilities aren't great, it's just hard standing along one side, bit they're trying their best. Glasgow Life won't let them "sell" food, but they have hot drinks and hot dogs available for a donation. Glasgow Life also need to replace some of the floodlight bulbs, it was very dark at some parts of the pitch due to broken bulbs. Not Finnart's fault, they're making the most of the facility.

On 04/12/2022 at 12:47, Craig fae the Vale said:

Spectator facilities aren't great, it's just hard standing along one side, bit they're trying their best. Glasgow Life won't let them "sell" food, but they have hot drinks and hot dogs available for a donation. Glasgow Life also need to replace some of the floodlight bulbs, it was very dark at some parts of the pitch due to broken bulbs. Not Finnart's fault, they're making the most of the facility.

Thanks.  Everything I don't like as a spectator.  Despite our ageing facilities we are, IMO, spoiled.

• 4 weeks later...

VoC 2 Ardrossan 3

Not as close as the scoreline suggests. Ardrossan definitely the better team. 2 late goals made the game a little more interesting.

Little between the teams initially, both teams squandering a good chance before the home keeper gave away a crazy penalty. Vale gave away a cheap 2nd in the 2nd half and then conceded a soft penalty to go 3 down.

VoC captain got a straight red in the 94th minute,  on top of the yellow he'd already received. We were surprised he lasted that long as he was mouthing throughout. Stripped his top off and sat on the touchline whilst constantly challenging an Ardrossan defender. Ref's report won't look good. Further red issued after the final whistle. Madness. Referee nowhere near as bad as they were making out.

Ardrossan look a good team. Impressed with their number 19 up front.

Pitch was in and remained in remarkably good condition throughout.

8 minutes ago, bc57 said:

VoC 2 Ardrossan 3

Not as close as the scoreline suggests. Ardrossan definitely the better team. 2 late goals made the game a little more interesting.

Little between the teams initially, both teams squandering a good chance before the home keeper gave away a crazy penalty. Vale gave away a cheap 2nd in the 2nd half and then conceded a soft penalty to go 3 down.

VoC captain got a straight red in the 94th minute,  on top of the yellow he'd already received. We were surprised he lasted that long as he was mouthing throughout. Stripped his top off and sat on the touchline whilst constantly challenging an Ardrossan defender. Ref's report won't look good. Further red issued after the final whistle. Madness. Referee nowhere near as bad as they were making out.

Ardrossan look a good team. Impressed with their number 19 up front.

Pitch was in and remained in remarkably good condition throughout.

Have I missed something , did you not use to support Lanark? 

On 04/12/2022 at 12:47, Craig fae the Vale said:

Didn't Glasgow Life offload it a while back?

Just now, Lurcer said:

Have I missed something , did you not use to support Lanark? 

I do indeed but, when we don't have a game I will always seek to take another in.

Scouting mission. We are at VoC next weekend

5 minutes ago, bc57 said:

I do indeed but, when we don't have a game I will always seek to take another in.

Scouting mission. We are at VoC next weekend

Haha. I read your post from 9Dec and then today, put 2 and 2 together and got 5. Sorry !!

On 07/01/2023 at 21:05, GNU_Linux said:

image.png.57c306b8de25b2009a1a71b5b852e77b.png

image.png.e51f6950f22dd724811b0bb093a8f46a.png

Can up to 8 teams go down from Division 3? Is it 5 guaranteed going down then another 3 if the top 3 in Division 4 have appropriate grounds? Is that correct? Do all Division 4 clubs have appropriate facilities to be promoted?