The Queen of the South thread

An interesting team selection on Saturday but fair play to the Manager for being decisive. I have to say that i didnt see the omission of Messrs Russell and Millar coming especially given Russell's ability to score goals ( a pretty rare commodity for us this season). That said Jim Atkinson was long overdue a start - i thought Thomson's positioning at Mallan's free kick was pretty awful at St Mirren as it looked obvious that he could only hope to beat Thomson to his left with that angled run up that he took. Keeper left a glaring gap at the exact area that Mallan was aiming for.

As i said previously i think Atkinson should have had a few games long before now in the early Cup campaigns and it is now up to young Jim to take his chance.

Mark Millar is not a player I would like to see on the bench for long as for me he is the best of our midfielders but he really needs to start delivering in the final third where his undoubted ability should be hurting teams far more than it has been this season.

We really needed that win given the forthcoming fixtures - anything out of Sunday will be a huge bonus but hopefully we will be brave enough to try and get forward as much as possible.

Oh well, another central belt club more appealing than going to Dumfries. Why relegation favourites Alloa?

There's not the slightest chance we would have offered Caddis a deal at this stage. We don't need another midfielder. As Fowler himself said, he was here as a favour for training and there's no downside to having a look at him maybe for the future.

There's not the slightest chance we would have offered Caddis a deal at this stage. We don't need another midfielder. As Fowler himself said, he was here as a favour for training and there's no downside to having a look at him maybe for the future.

I suppose you are correct with the amount of midfielders Queens have.

I would be happy if Jake Pickard was showing the progress that folks are clearly wishing on him but...

his lack of pace and slow thinking give no hint of it.

I think Pickard is progressing fairly well at this present time in his run of games, especially in the position he's currently playing in. Edited by RUSTY1111

I could see what Fowler was wanting from Pickard and I didn't think the boy was that bad on Saturday, though if it was all we had to rely on for goals at this stage I'd be worried.

I'd be content if Pickard was played there for the rest of the season to see if he picks up the role and develops. Realistically we've little to play for this season (in the grand scheme of things) and I sacrifice 4th spot if it meant we developed a youngster for the rest of the season who is up to speed for the next season.

Having said that I've yet to see Pickard play anywhere as well as he has in the holding role. That was the development team right enough but I've seen him play a couple of great games in that position.

Sounds good.

Only concern is that we might have a really professional looking, well designed shirt with "Billy's Burger Bar" as the sponsor.

No disrespect to this establishment if it exists.

Surprise!! Told ye so, and the club will get to design the home top rather than using a standard design, well done Queen's let's hope the board listen to the supporters when designing and choosing the colours.

Maybe not that important to some but wouldn't it of been better for the club to officially announce the deal first rather than you leaking it online ?

I don't see the point in a 'bespoke' home kit ,everyone is going to want a blue kit with white trim. There isn't exactly much scope to be particularly creative with the design. An away kit that is a monstrosity at first but grows into a cult my should be the goal.

I don't see the point in a 'bespoke' home kit ,everyone is going to want a blue kit with white trim. There isn't exactly much scope to be particularly creative with the design. An away kit that is a monstrosity at first but grows into a cult my should be the goal.

I think you misjudge the priorities of our fan base. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few meltdowns on here and the mad site over the shade of blue, the colour of the shorts, and whether the blue trim should be 1mm or 2mm. It may ultimately break out into violence.

I agree with your views on the away strip. It's unlikely we'll manage it, but it'd be nice if we could outdo Partick's brown and pink camouflage effort from a few years ago.

I think you misjudge the priorities of our fan base. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few meltdowns on here and the mad site over the shade of blue, the colour of the shorts, and whether the blue trim should be 1mm or 2mm. It may ultimately break out into violence.

I agree with your views on the away strip. It's unlikely we'll manage it, but it'd be nice if we could outdo Partick's brown and pink camouflage effort from a few years ago.

After considering what you said I hope we go with the home kit that causes the maximum seethe possible.