The Queen of the South thread

4 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

That is interesting.  He comes over as a very decent guy and I've never seen a word from or about him that has suggested otherwise.

It does indeed kill any conventional idea of "personal reasons".  Up to now, I've resisted the notion of assuming that this is directly related to JT, partly because I like him and partly because it seemed to require a bit of a leap.  

That interview leaves little doubt on the matter though. Skelton's comments are dignified and measured, but it's very clear where the finger is being pointed.  The situation is a concern and it sounds pretty unseemly to be honest.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Does the fact that it finished as a draw send us back to square one, as far as next weekend being available for the league game is concerned?

Unless any potential cup replays are all played midweek, then I would guess that next weekend's league match would be rescheduled.

Don't know what the debate was about regarding why Gav left. It was clear to see (even stevie wonder could see it) that there was no personal problems. Being the thoroughly decent guy that Gav is, he was never going to come and say that he had problems with his back room staff. Now we need the board to get their fingers out their arse and get a new manager in, along with there own number 2. 

On 13/11/2016 at 20:16, Northfield 53 said:

If he had a problem with his family he would surely have said what it was.

Think more to do with someone at the club who when the new manager comes in needs to get back to watching games from the stand.

26 minutes ago, Come on queens said:

Don't know what the debate was about regarding why Gav left. It was clear to see (even stevie wonder could see it) that there was no personal problems. Being the thoroughly decent guy that Gav is, he was never going to come and say that he had problems with his back room staff. Now we need the board to get their fingers out their arse and get a new manager in, along with there own number 2. 

40 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That is interesting.  He comes over as a very decent guy and I've never seen a word from or about him that has suggested otherwise.

It does indeed kill the idea of any conventional notion of "personal reasons".  Up to now, I've resisted the notion of assuming that this is directly related to JT, partly because I like him and partly because it seemed to require a bit of a leap.  

That interview leaves little doubt on the matter though. Skelton's comments are dignified and measured, but it's very clear where the finger is being pointed.  The situation is a concern and it sounds pretty unseemly to be honest.

Getting a quality manager to come to Queens will only happen if the manager can bring in his own assistant that he is happy to work alongside if not we will be left with a nobody & JT. The board must show the fans they are going to move in the only direction that benefits the club, not certain people around the club, the club is bigger than individuals.

This is my worry that Queens just get a weak manager that lets J.T. run the show.

We need a management team who have complete control of the 1st team and only deal with the board directly.

J.T. to have nothing to do with the 1st team .

My favorite for the job is  MacFarlane someone that J.T. and the board have worked with before.

Edited by Northfield 53

I just cannot understand how Thomson ended up as our director of football. Did he not start out doing community appearances just because he lived nearby, turned that into a project with the schools, and somehow he has got from there into ousting managers and sitting in the dugout. A master of job security.

You look around at other directors of football and they have years of experience as managers under their belt.

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

This is my worry that Queens just get a weak manager that lets J.T. run the show.

We need a management team who have complete control of the 1st team and only deal with the board directly.

J.T. to have nothing to do with the 1st team .

My favorite for the job is  MacFarlane someone that J.T. and the board have worked with before.

We need strong voices on the board too then, not just yes men for that to happen, can't imagine Blount snr would have allowed what's going on to happen.

JT isn't as daft as he looks, hence the reason why he's turned down the managers job. He knows if he became manager then the buck would stop with him and eventually he would lose his job. There is only one guarantee when you become a manager, you eventually get sacked. By staying in the background he can stay in a job for life and dictate to the chairman and board of directors, who it looks like, they treat him as if he's Sir Alex Ferguson. Get JT back to his community based job, where he is obviously good, as he has the gift of the gab. Let the new manager bring in his own team and have full control of team affairs. That said is it not about time someone is appointed. I keep looking at the official QOS website in the hope someone has been appointed but the silence is deafening. 

That article gives me the impression that JT is a little bit too 'involved' with the inner workings of the club. I'd be concerned. His reputation is becoming that of somebody like Scot Gardiner ffs. Is there always gonna be speculation over how much he's involved with future managers?

Legend or not JT, as an outsider admittedly, doesn't look like the greatest of influences at the club.

Everybody knows JT and his wife Victoria get on very well with the chairman. Don't get me wrong Jim is a likeable guy, who I think has a lot to offer the club, but not with first team affairs. His old job was ideal for him and the club but he I believe his wage was funded by the Hollywood trust and they withdrew their funding, hence why he was given a new job and title.