The Queen of the South thread

Almost certainly a case of Naysmith giving a pal some training facilities I'd imagine.  I'm sure the presence of a character like McFadden has it's benefits though.  If he's looking to go through his coaching badges don't you have to complete so many hours of coaching or be affiliated with a club?  We might be assisting with that?
I'd love to believe he could drop back into midfield and do a job like Allan Johnstone did for us, but I suspect he's finished even at this level.  I also suspect that the wages he would demand would equate to that of the 2 or 3 players we need and would be better spent on them.

Scotsman quotes Gary saying McFaddens got a lot left and that he would love to get him in.

Certainly on trial, but no confirmation anywhere. Would take him, experienced centre half were needing. Was pretty solid before at Falkirk but can't mind seeing him since..

Also plays full back positions so would suit Gary's known liking for versatile players. Only reservation is his lack of game time at Hibs.

13 minutes ago, coo shedder said:

Also plays full back positions so would suit Gary's known liking for versatile players. Only reservation is his lack of game time at Hibs.

Hibs did have, arguably, the best central defenders in the division though .. apart from Efe Ambrose obviously

Can only hope that we are offering Faddy training facilities and nothing else. If we have any ambitions of competing in play off zone surely we can set our sights on a more progressive type. He has presumably freed Hilson because of injury threat which is his call to make but it can't be credible to take that view on Hilson and potentially replace him with McFadden.

Hopefully a false alarm.

Was speaking to hibs fan earlier, he said in the games he did play he was solid. Was just unfortunate to have ambrose, mcgregor, Fontaine etc infront of him. If we sign him and Stanton from hibs I'd be fairly happy. McFadden I'm not convinced, really need some pace up there

Guest Flash

If we are going with a small squad, it makes no sense to have any players who can't last 90 minutes and/or can't play every game. We're not running a retirement home.

I thought that the training base at Cumbernald had it all good 4 G pitch gym and everything else we needed.We got a good deal from local council up there so it did not even cost a lot to rent.

Are we now moving to Hamilton to tran ?

I thought that the training base at Cumbernald had it all good 4 G pitch gym and everything else we needed.We got a good deal from local council up there so it did not even cost a lot to rent.
Are we now moving to Hamilton to tran ?

Sure are , try and keep up auld yin :)

4 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

I can't help but picture McFadden Lyle and Dobbie on the same pitch wearing the same colours and think of the goal scoring potential.

It could be beautiful. 3 gifted footballers on the same wavelength linking up could provide us with such flair. We certainly need a quick option up top aswell though. Faddy could play the number 10 perfectly. We seriously lack a creative type so this is a signing I really want. Even if he does struggle to last/has injury problems his presence has got to be beneficial. He was a terrific player up until very recently. I think he can recapture his form even having seen a few of his brief cameos lately

15 minutes ago, football maniac said:

It could be beautiful. 3 gifted footballers on the same wavelength linking up could provide us with such flair. We certainly need a quick option up top aswell though. Faddy could play the number 10 perfectly. We seriously lack a creative type so this is a signing I really want. Even if he does struggle to last/has injury problems his presence has got to be beneficial. He was a terrific player up until very recently. I think he can recapture his form even having seen a few of his brief cameos lately

We may lack pace but as i said that is some front 3. We would be a good option for him because he may not want a part time club and most other full time clubs probably wont give him a second look. 

Guest Flash

By the time of the play-offs, Dobbie, Lyle and McFadden will have a combined age of 107.

If they play alongside Rankin, it would mean 40% of the outfield players couldn't run. It would also mean having at least 3 guys in a squad of 18 outfield players who might not be available every week. Add in the fact that some of the squad will be young lads who are also not intended to play every week and you have problems. Seems odd that last week Naysmith was moaning about maybe having to name only 3 subs because the squad is so small. Now he is thinking about signing somebody who has played 9 games in the last 2 years. So, are we going with 2 subs now?

Considering our season went tits last year as soon as 2 players were injured, it represents quite a big risk. Not such an issue if we had a huge budget capable of supporting a large squad. And considering McFadden was training on his own, it appears to be a risk that richer clubs than us aren't prepared to take. And most of them don't already have 2 ageing forwards.

Edited by Flash