The Queen of the South thread

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

On the basis of win rate, Naysmith must be on the brink.

A non-scientific calculation puts him at pretty much 25% since he came in, the same as James Fowler for the entire 15/16 season when we still had Rangers to contend with.

Of course, Fowler's overall rate would be considerably higher if his entire tenure was included.

I realise there are several, more detailed and pedantic, analysts around who will be able to produce figures to the nth degree to give a more accurate reflection on this.

I think it is P27 W7 D10 L10 in all competitions.

Home P14 W3 D4 L7

Away P13 W4 D6 L3

The home record is particulalry poor, especially when you consider that 2 of the draws were v Albion Rovers and East Kilbride. Winning just about 20% of your home games and losing 50% isn't great.

Away looks a bit better, drawing almost 50%. The 4 wins include part-time Dumbarton, Ayr (just before they were relegated) and Stenny. The only away win over a full-time team being at St.Mirren, before they brought in their new players in January.

Not sure all of the above is accurate. I'll leave it to somebody pedantic to check.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Home P14 W3 D4 L7

Away P13 W4 D6 L3

The home record is particulalry poor, especially when you consider that 2 of the draws were v Albion Rovers and East Kilbride. Winning just about 20% of your home games and losing 50% isn't great.

Away looks a bit better, drawing almost 50%. The 4 wins include part-time Dumbarton, Ayr (just before they were relegated) and Stenny. The only away win over a full-time team being at St.Mirren, before they brought in their new players in January.

Not sure all of the above is accurate. I'll leave it to somebody pedantic to check.

Doesn't make for good reading.

Generally it seemed quite honest. Sure he fell back to the old we are a poor club finances excuse but generally he was honest and echoed the thoughts of the fans. I still prepared to give him time in the season

To be honest nothing he said is untrue. I agree with almost everything he said. The whole season depends on his next (hopefully) two or three signings and his ability to get the players to carry out the jobs he wants them to do.... providing they are capable of doing it.

20 minutes ago, The Caul Back said:

What's happening with Robinson?

It appears at present he is quite content to sit around for a year getting paid because some moron gave him a 2 year deal on the basis of what he did 4 years ago ignoring the large amount of nothing he did in between spells as well as already having 2 goalkeepers signed up for that season.

Once again he speaks honestly, and is on the same page as the fans, something I have always favoured over the bullshit and bluster we got from the likes of Ian McCall.

Actions speak louder than words of course, and will ultimately be what he is judged on.

Home P14 W3 D4 L7
Away P13 W4 D6 L3

When you look at that home record it is hardly surprising that crowds have fallen away and those that remain are expressing some disquiet.

An artificial pitch should surely give you some sort of advantage but I don't sense that GN is developing any sort of tactical plan that is designed to play a passing game built around ball retention. Surely on this type of fiery surface crisp passing to feet is a pre- requisite. If we can only muster 46% possession against Albion Rovers at home that is a very telling statistic and perhaps highlights exactly why we are struggling to win at home.