The Queen of the South thread

31 minutes ago, Sloop John B said:

It appears at present he is quite content to sit around for a year getting paid because some moron gave him a 2 year deal on the basis of what he did 4 years ago ignoring the large amount of nothing he did in between spells as well as already having 2 goalkeepers signed up for that season.

Who is this mysterious moron, JT?

3 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

When you look at that home record it is hardly surprising that crowds have fallen away and those that remain are expressing some disquiet.

An artificial pitch should surely give you some sort of advantage but I don't sense that GN is developing any sort of tactical plan that is designed to play a passing game built around ball retention. Surely on this type of fiery surface crisp passing to feet is a pre- requisite. If we can only muster 46% possession against Albion Rovers at home that is a very telling statistic and perhaps highlights exactly why we are struggling to win at home.

For years I've grumbled about how much worse our away record is than our home one.  Naysmith has bridged and indeed even reversed that gap.

And still people moan.

Just now, kirkyblue2 said:

Who is this mysterious moron, JT?

I don't  know the ins and outs of what a 'Football Development Manager' entails (or anyone else I think) but seeing as the rest of that summer's signings were based on his phone's contact list, I would assume so yes.

1 minute ago, Sloop John B said:

I don't  know the ins and outs of what a 'Football Development Manager' entails (or anyone else I think) but seeing as the rest of that summer's signings were based on his phone's contact list, I would assume so yes.

I'm glad he had Dobbie's number.

For years I've grumbled about how much worse our away record is than our home one.  Naysmith has bridged and indeed even reversed that gap.
And still people moan.

Fair point he has indeed addressed that point.

59 minutes ago, Sloop John B said:

It appears at present he is quite content to sit around for a year getting paid because some moron gave him a 2 year deal on the basis of what he did 4 years ago ignoring the large amount of nothing he did in between spells as well as already having 2 goalkeepers signed up for that season.

Isn't that what the new managers just done,durrrrrh

What makes it worse s he has no money to bring new player in ,yet chose to bring a keeper in .

He's a walking disaster.

As for the interview ,the secret of success is sincerity ,one you can fake that you've cracked it 

13 minutes ago, Besty said:

Isn't that what the new managers just done,durrrrrh

What makes it worse s he has no money to bring new player in ,yet chose to bring a keeper in .

He's a walking disaster.

As for the interview ,the secret of success is sincerity ,one you can fake that you've cracked it 

Well observed champ, although  at least Robbie Thomson was willing to get the hell out and progress his career whereas yer boy takes his career advice from Homer Simpson.

3 hours ago, Sloop John B said:

Well observed champ, although  at least Robbie Thomson was willing to get the hell out and progress his career whereas yer boy takes his career advice from Homer Simpson.

Wrong again budd, he got a wad to go

Edited by Besty

2 hours ago, The Caul Back said:

What's happening with Robinson?

Why is he not at best 2 nd choice.

What is the point of paying him to sit in the stand .

Had another year to go but surely we should work out a deal to get rid of him free up some cash .

Scott Mercer cost £10,000

East Fife must have thought Christmas had come early when we paid that for Mercer.

Will just say Mercer is not very good

Think this is why the board don't seem to be supporting Naysmith.

The start of this season reminds me of the Gus season he like Naysmith talks a good game but  both play not to lose rather than to win.

He's not being supported financially by the board but would you really trust him to recruit wisely even if he was?!!!!

Couple of ways to look at I guess:

1. He is trying to bring in too many players on a very limited budget as he feels he needs depth as well as (if not more than) quality.

2. He and whoever is assisting him are not the best at judging players.

I guess a part of the budget he has to play with is Robbo's wage though. My guess would be he is on a reasonable wage for our level and therefore moving him on will not be easy. It's unlikely on his performances over the last season will encourage teams around and above us to fork out on him to be a number two.

Someone mentioned in a recent post why is Robbie not 2nd choice, probably a couple of things again, GN is emphasising a point that he will get no game time and two he quite simply doesn't fancy him.

Scott Mercer cost £10,000

East Fife must have thought Christmas had come early when we paid that for Mercer.

Will just say Mercer is not very good

They must have been doing somersaults when we came in for their manager.....3rd bottom of the 3rd tier of Scottish football and our BOD thought he would be an able appointment! To rub salt into the wounds EF then proceeded to storm up the table and finish in the play offs!!

What about Mercer's 2nd half attempt to trick his was past trouble down in the corner between the new stand and the Portland road terrace? The fud beat himself and fell over the ball. Sums his ability up nicely!!

There are a lot of legitimate criticisms of Naysmith that people can make if they want to, but lets not continue this myth that he has a poor eye for a player.  His January signings saved us last season, and whilst it is far too early to make any judgement on our new signings at least Martin and Fordyce look like being good signings.  Mercer has had a tough time that can't be denied.  Rooney has barely played, and Stirling has flattered to deceive like most wingers do.

I make that more hits than misses and probably on a par with the success rate of most managers we've had.  It's pretty rare for a manager to not sign at least one dud.

7 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

There are a lot of legitimate criticisms of Naysmith that people can make if they want to, but lets not continue this myth that he has a poor eye for a player.  His January signings saved us last season, and whilst it is far too early to make any judgement on our new signings at least Martin and Fordyce look like being good signings.  Mercer has had a tough time that can't be denied.  Rooney has barely played, and Stirling has flattered to deceive like most wingers do.

I make that more hits than misses and probably on a par with the success rate of most managers we've had.  It's pretty rare for a manager to not sign at least one dud.

I don't think it's a myth.

The guys brought in last January did have an immediate impact, but it wasn't sustained.  I think the jury will have to remain out on Fordyce for a bit yet.

I think the right back situation does not reflect at all well on that aspect of Naysmith' s CV.

With Robinson is it likely that he will be number two and Leighfield go out on loan? At least his wages are warming the bench instead of the stands. 

I'm sure he has been quoted saying that 'Lee was not part of the plans and has been told he can move on.. Leighfield will be number two'