The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, NM_1919 said:

Todds on holiday, going by her his nonstop Instagram posts. But aye a wee photo with the scarf/top would’ve been nice when they signed

Have we ever done that?

I think all Skelton's signings came to Palmerston and got photos done when they signed. I went there to meet Hamill, Anderson, Rigg. Dobbie was signed there in person too. I dont think its ever been done under Naysmith though. Generally the signing isnt done at Palmerston so getting photos, kit / scarves is more problematic. I dont think Fowler did them at Palmerston either generally (though Darren Brownlie definitely came to Palmerston to sign). Tapping, Jacobs, Marshall were all signed up the road. Fowler himself and John Baird were photographed signing at Palmerston in McIntyre's time though.

4 minutes ago, Bluenortherner said:

Has anyone ever tried phoning Palmerston? Very hard to get a answer.

Think the office has been closed the last two  Fridays due to holidays. Its always easier to get through in the morning on other days when there are two staff than in the afternoon when there is just one who might be on another call or dealing with a customer in the shop.

I think all Skelton's signings came to Palmerston and got photos done when they signed. I went there to meet Hamill, Anderson, Rigg. Dobbie was signed there in person too. I dont think its ever been done under Naysmith though. Generally the signing isnt done at Palmerston so getting photos, kit / scarves is more problematic. I dont think Fowler did them at Palmerston either generally (though Darren Brownlie definitely came to Palmerston to sign). Tapping, Jacobs, Marshall were all signed up the road. Fowler himself and John Baird were photographed signing at Palmerston in McIntyre's time though.

Sorry but it’s very amateurish not having a photo when they sign. Doesn’t anyone have a phone on then at the time ?

Like I’ve already said it’s poor PR

1 minute ago, Bluenortherner said:

Has anyone ever tried phoning Palmerston? Very hard to get a answer.

Sad to say but I feel we are getting more amateurish in the general running of the club,  not to mention the 1st team set-up.  For instance the club shop/office advertises opening hours yet sometimes is closed during those times.  As Bluenortherner says calls to the office go unanswered.  Recent posts about new signings being photographed may be petty to some but it keeps supporters informed as well as keeping the club in public eye not only locally but nationally too. Would it be that much of a hassle for someone to submit a photo whether it's at Palmerston or "up the road".  Surely the more positive press you can get the better, the club has had quite a bit of negative press lately. I'm sure we had a Press Officer,  Bill Goldie,  but don't know if that post still exists.  Maybe just my imagination but there seems a general malaise about the place just now,  and in the lead up to a new season the Club should be doing all it can to keep supporters onside and promote itself positively. 

Guest Flash
53 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Suppose it is slightly different, but there was a picture on the OS of Dykes signing an extended contract.

http://www.qosfc.com/news-3827

30 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

Sorry but it’s very amateurish not having a photo when they sign. Doesn’t anyone have a phone on then at the time ?

Like I’ve already said it’s poor PR

More bothered about actually signing players and that they can play football !!!.*Don't really care what they look like .

We have a strange set up we are really based in Hamilton only come to Dumfries to play home games..

Most teams train close to where they play there home games not 60 odd miles away 

1 minute ago, Northfield 53 said:

More bothered about actually signing players and that they can play football !!!.*Don't really care what they look like .

We have a strange set up we are really based in Hamilton only come to Dumfries to play home games..

Most teams train close to where they play there home games not 60 odd miles away 

Their home games!

Think the office has been closed the last two  Fridays due to holidays. Its always easier to get through in the morning on other days when there are two staff than in the afternoon when there is just one who might be on another call or dealing with a customer in the shop.

Is the office still on the right of the old stand or now inside the new complex?