The Queen of the South thread

38 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I see we are updating the player list on our website now. Wilson there already. It has Gibson as player/manager. Does that mean Gibson will be playing on next season?

Wullie hasn't decided if he’ll play on next season yet. 

2 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

If you're going to take two players who we'd happily have had in the division above, you could at least do us a favour and take Gary Oliver off our hands before we end up saddled with him again.

No thank you. Always remember a time he was dropped from the first eleven and he spat out his dummy and refused to do the pre match warm up. Quite pathetic really.

Squad taking shape nice and early. Nice to have 3 recognised centre half’s and a solid midfield. Just need right back left back and a strike partner for Reilly.

Cooper left back ?

Wullie Right back ?

Fitzpatrick strike partner ?

Winger to replace Fitzpatrick if he’s away
Striker or 2 to partner Gav

2 hours ago, Doonhamer70 said:

Squad taking shape nice and early. Nice to have 3 recognised centre half’s and a solid midfield. Just need right back left back and a strike partner for Reilly.

Cooper left back ?

Wullie Right back ?

Fitzpatrick strike partner ?

Quitongo for left back. Don't think Cooper will be back now. A few decent forwards available that could partner Reilly

Quitongo for left back. Don't think Cooper will be back now. A few decent forwards available that could partner Reilly
Not too fussed about cooper. Need a few wingers striker(s).

Are we forgetting we've got Paton who can play wing or up front. OK, we need cover obviously and Reilly and Paton are hardly big target men but I hope WG is going more for the passing game rather than the launch it forward style. 

Are we forgetting we've got Paton who can play wing or up front. OK, we need cover obviously and Reilly and Paton are hardly big target men but I hope WG is going more for the passing game rather than the launch it forward style. 

Need the option though for me, when things aren’t going your way need the option there to change it up. Don’t think a target man is necessarily a bad thing either.

On that note the signing up of Wilson immediately makes us a lot more physical in middle of park, none of the defenders we’ve currently signed are on the small side either. After a few season of us being a smaller side.

If we can get Fitzpatrick signed up I think we have the basis of a right good side. Pace out wide is vital, and he was starting to show an end product. Would love east as well think he’d get the left back berth though, the rumoured interest in broadfoot although surprising giving we’ve got 3 already (I think someone like east would be more necessary in all honesty, covers left hand side) I think that level of experience would be huge for us, performed well for ICT too. Looking like Connelly is away, would like to see us get the savoury boy from Peterhead to replace him. We also need a right back if the gaffer is taking up a position on touchline, a few player can cover it, but none natural

Need the option though for me, when things aren’t going your way need the option there to change it up. Don’t think a target man is necessarily a bad thing either.

On that note the signing up of Wilson immediately makes us a lot more physical in middle of park, none of the defenders we’ve currently signed are on the small side either. After a few season of us being a smaller side.

If we can get Fitzpatrick signed up I think we have the basis of a right good side. Pace out wide is vital, and he was starting to show an end product. Would love east as well think he’d get the left back berth though, the rumoured interest in broadfoot although surprising giving we’ve got 3 already (I think someone like east would be more necessary in all honesty, covers left hand side) I think that level of experience would be huge for us, performed well for ICT too. Looking like Connelly is away, would like to see us get the savoury boy from Peterhead to replace him. We also need a right back if the gaffer is taking up a position on touchline, a few player can cover it, but none natural

Would Scott Hooper do a job at RB

Still need another centre half, left back, right back, two wingers and a striker I think. If Broadfoot and Savoury are coming in its beginning to look like a very good squad for this level.

7 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Still need another centre half, left back, right back, two wingers and a striker I think. If Broadfoot and Savoury are coming in its beginning to look like a very good squad for this level.

Agree a good few signings especially Wilson and Reilly,  this league is up for grabs , a signing like Savoury could  tip the balance league wise with a few teams in for him ( heard you have offered him a 2 year ) confident of him signing....     Falkirk will be Falkirk who are predicting a massive loss already this season will still throw money at it,  Dunfermline everybody's tip seem in disarray as well..   We Airdrie not sure yet depends who we bring i n, we need to start well...