The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, happysouth said:

Lot of folk on Facebook saying 'be careful what you wish for'

Can't wish for any worse than what we are currently getting. 

Remind them where we were and where we are now. 

6 minutes ago, Artemis said:

Unless the Articles have been changed, the company has to have a minimum of 3 directors. I think that means there would need to be 3 directors lined up to replace them if they all resigned at once. Each director also has to own a minimum of 250 shares.

How many shareholders have more than 250 shares?

Well it looks like we'll need to have an EGM to elect a new board in the next few months. If the current board had someone lined up then why was this not announced, or put on the agenda? It sounds to me that no one is lined up at present and the board statement is asking those interested to step forward.

5 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Well it looks like we'll need to have an EGM to elect a new board in the next few months. If the current board had someone lined up then why was this not announced, or put on the agenda? It sounds to me that no one is lined up at present and the board statement is asking those interested to step forward.

I’ve read that statement as if they already have someone lined up. Otherwise would they not have said something along the lines of that they are open to inviting others to take over?

1 minute ago, QoS99 said:

I’ve read that statement as if they already have someone lined up. Otherwise would they not have said something along the lines of that they are open to inviting others to take over?

That's pretty much what I thought.  They've declared themselves to be open to offers before.  This announcement feels different though.

But to be honest, I'm really not sure.  I don't know enough to have very full confidence in either reading.

Giving approx three months notice isn't a lot and it either means they have someone, which begs the question I raised earlier, so why did they not put this on the agenda so the new Directors could be voted in.  Alternatively they've got so pissed off at the current situation the club finds itself in , partly their doing, and find the criticism they are getting just not worth carrying on any longer. But to be fair to them they have said previously they want to move on.