The Queen of the South thread

When is enough going to be enough? The dreaded relegation trap door is now getting perilously close and there can’t be many supporters who have any confidence whatsoever in our incompetent Manager and his squad of under achievers scraping clear of 9th place.Queens are not only fighting for their L1 status but also their future league existence because one more dire season in L2 and it’s game over. That could happen a lot easier than many people think. 

It will be very interesting to see who if anyone comes forward to assume control of the club. The task facing them is huge and let’s hope they know what they’re getting themselves into. In all honesty the best thing would be to take the cost of dismissing Bartley on the chin now, appoint a caretaker until end of season and hope that he can avoid second bottom. There are plenty of “out of work” Managers who will be desperate to get back in. If they do a good job in the short term they are well placed to get the job once new decision makers emerge.

12 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

In all honesty the best thing would be to take the cost of dismissing Bartley on the chin now, appoint a caretaker until end of season and hope that he can avoid second bottom. There are plenty of “out of work” Managers who will be desperate to get back in. If they do a good job in the short term they are well placed to get the job once new decision makers emerge.

Yes, I'd agree.

The possibility of us getting relegated has not yet been as real as it is now.  The assumption that we'd stay put and have another crack next season at getting back into the Championship, can no longer be made.

It's costly and regrettable, but we now need to get rid, in much the same way as we needed to get rid of Naysmith.   We couldn't trust him to get us through the perilous place he'd put us in, and we definitely can't trust the arrogant clown currently at the helm, to steer us clear either.

2 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Neil Warnock available again I believe.  could offer it to him until end of the season (assuming Dan doesn't want it).

Not really in the mood for jokes .

Have said for months Bartley will take us down our season  hit a new low today .

At any other club he would have been sacked weeks ago we now can' t wait for the board change to get rid 

5 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

I don’t think I’ll be able to show face at Palmerston again for a good while because of the indignity of losing to Annan. 

If only Bartley cared as much.

On 02/03/2024 at 17:19, 19QOS19 said:

Serious question - Does anybody on here genuinely believe we're finishing higher than 9th? 

Absolutely resigned to this now and more worryingly I don't see us being able to see off the playoffs. Annan are awful but they have something we've not shown all season; the ability to grind out a result. 

This time next week they'll be 4 points behind us and I really don't know where another win comes for us. 

I'll ask again. 

The financial hit taken in sacking Bartley may be cushioned to some extent if it means that some disillusioned fans like myself start returning to watch games.  Home crowds are currently hovering around the 800 mark.  Getting shot of Bartley would see them boosted by 150 or 200 in my estimation.  I certainly have no intention of going back until that numptie has been emptied.

Just now, Slipmat said:

The financial hit taken in sacking Bartley may be cushioned to some extent if it means that some disillusioned fans like myself start returning to watch games.  Home crowds are currently hovering around the 800 mark.  Getting shot of Bartley would see them boosted by 150 or 200 in my estimation.  I certainly have no intention of going back until that numptie has been emptied.

You would also think that our current form would make it highly possible of finishing in and losing the play-offs.  The financial hit of that has to be much higher than punting a terrible manager. 

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'll ask again. 

Last week I answered by saying I thought that we'd probably, on balance, finish above 9th, but I concluded by saying that if we lost today, we'd be in real trouble.

And here we are.

Given our next three fixtures, I now think we've a pretty good chance of being overtaken and  finishing 9th, unless we dispense with Bartley's services.

19 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Anyone know what the finances are for finishing in the various positions, 9th, 8th, 7th etc?

It's the fact it was so utterly predictable for so many thats really depressing

A car crash you can see from miles away and just have to sit and wait for the inevitable.

We are down if he stays so the BoD needs to start weighing the cost of that up against any severance pay. 

1 minute ago, DoonhamerDon said:

It's the fact it was so utterly predictable for so many thats really depressing

A car crash you can see from miles away and just have to sit and wait for the inevitable.

We are down if he stays so the BoD needs to start weighing the cost of that up against any severance pay. 

Totally agree - many of us saw this coming months ago. The BOD were blinkered by what they saw as an unassailable points cushion that we had over Annan and mistakenly thought we could stagger along and retain our status. The Manager is the most important person in any club - you simply cannot let an incompetent individual remain in post. It is not just about results because for me it is always about performances and results. Sometimes results are poor but you can see that a Manager is making progress and invariably if you get good performances results will follow. Sadly, we get neither and don’t even start me on our home record.

2 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Can't wait for Marv's weekly excuse vid 

How will he be able to blame Efe this week?

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

It'll likely start with a "well Marvin, I don't think anyone saw that coming" 

I'd start with " Well Marvin why do you persist with starting Ferguson and keep giving minutes to McKechnie?"