The Queen of the South thread

It's interesting to note that in the chairman's statement regarding the current board stepping down he stated that the club is in a healthy state financially.  This makes me wonder just how much of a salary Bartley is hoovering up if the only reason he is still in post is, as we suspect, because of the damage it would do to the bank balance if he were to be paid off in full.

9 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Well, last summer I was impressed with Accies recruitment most out of any club in the division and thought you were going to win the title with Falkirk a distant second.  I couldn't foresee Queens being outside the top 4 and would have thought anyone suggesting we'd be 4 points off the play-offs with 8 games remaining as being slightly disingenuous.  If they had said they meant four points off the relegation play-offs I would have thought they were on the wind-up.  I mean, we couldn't possibly be that pish... could we?

Yeah our recruitment in the summer was really good but when you've got a disaster of a manager who's ruined the majority of the squad there's no chance of winning the league. It's safe to say it's been a very disappointing couple of seasons for both of our clubs. 

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

We're due to have a go of John Hughes. Given we're at our worst in decades then now is probably the right time to compound the misery. 

Yeah he's one of the dinosaurs I had in my mind tbh I would stay away from him. I don't think Billy Dodds is a good manager and wouldn't want him at accies but I would even take him before someone like John Hughes maybe that is someone who could stable QOTS a bit? 

7 minutes ago, Kunter said:

Which player was this ? 

Getting Scott Martin and Tumilty down on new contracts. Jackson Longridge, Lee Kilday, Kyle Macdonald, Kevin O'Hara, Euan Henderson. Guys like Joe McGlynn and Josh O'Brien were good players but because Rankin didn't like them they never played. 

Got to be the worst queen’s team I’ve witnessed in 35 years of watching. If Bartley gets sacked, then he will more than likely turn it in to the usual racism reasons and not be looked at as the team he’s responsible for assembling are utter dog shite

28 minutes ago, The rocket man said:

Got to be the worst queen’s team I’ve witnessed in 35 years of watching. If Bartley gets sacked, then he will more than likely turn it in to the usual racism reasons and not be looked at as the team he’s responsible for assembling are utter dog shite

Behave. 

The usual shite from his post match interview. Head the ball lads and we wouldn't be in this mess!!!! My favourite part was him saying "the players now have to take responsibility", as if at any point Bartley has taken any personal responsibility. 

30 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

It's interesting to note that in the chairman's statement regarding the current board stepping down he stated that the club is in a healthy state financially.  This makes me wonder just how much of a salary Bartley is hoovering up if the only reason he is still in post is, as we suspect, because of the damage it would do to the bank balance if he were to be paid off in full.

Did the Club not report a yearly loss at the AGM, and expecting similar this year. If we're in a healthy state financially, as Chairman said, it could possibly mean money invested or other assets that can't just be accessed to cover the likes of terminating contracts.  I'm sure there will be an Accountant out there, knowledgeable about football finances, reading this thread, who could explain how it works. 

18 minutes ago, The rocket man said:

Wow! That's some statement. Do you honesty think IF he gets sacked that he is the type to turn it into a racist issue when, as far as we know, there is no such issue with that,  and it's clearly terrible results that he will be judged on. 

57 minutes ago, The rocket man said:

Shite post. Take a time out. 

1 hour ago, Slipmat said:

Can we start a GoFundMe to help sack him? 

7 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Neil Warnock available again I believe.  could offer it to him until end of the season (assuming Dan doesn't want it).

Why would we want a manager who just quits when he knows the odds are against him? We need a manager who doesn't believe in walking away, in giving up, who will stay the course no matter what...

2 hours ago, The rocket man said:

If Bartley gets sacked, then he will more than likely turn it in to the usual racism reasons 

That's an absolutely shocking and horrible take. Have a look at yourself.

If Bartley goes, you'd imagine we'd be very unlikely to go with another rookie.  

We were all pleased last time that we didn't just pluck someone from that merry-go-round we keep hearing of.  That's bound to be where we look this time though.  That's not the cheeriest thought either, but it would probably make sense, so long as we don't go near Hughes.

10 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'd start with " Well Marvin why do you persist with starting Ferguson and keep giving minutes to McKechnie?"

Ill probably not bother asking how Ferguson is getting on then 😂

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The usual shite from his post match interview. Head the ball lads and we wouldn't be in this mess!!!! My favourite part was him saying "the players now have to take responsibility", as if at any point Bartley has taken any personal responsibility. 

How many times does he say "just head the ball away"?  

It's brainless and dishonest.  He always makes out opposition goals are isolated Acts of God.  The fact is that during the first half Annan were getting lots of joy down our right hand side.  Loads of crosses came in.  Similarly, in the second half, Annan forced plenty corners and usually had decent delivery.  In the main, our defenders dealt reasonably well with them, but the fact is that when midfield is surrendered each week, sides get on top of you and come at you.  Bartley likes to ignore the flow of the game though, reducing it all to individual events.

He also gave it the usual about how hard he and his staff work, but to no avail.  It's laughable that he's talking about simplifying things while saying he was physically moving them round the field in training.  He thinks football is a static game, played only at either end of the pitch.

He's a balloon and I can actually see him being let go of this time.  We'll see.