The Queen of the South thread

19 hours ago, QoS99 said:

I’ve met Connelly a few times and had chats with him, it always came across to me that his attitude was shocking. He’s clearly a player but it’s obviously the reason why we he isn’t playing at the level he should have in the past few years.

Thought that as well. Decent player but terrible attitude. 

20 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

He had a fallout with Bartley last season when he went and bought a KFC and brought it back to the dining room after training instead of having the pre-packed lunch suplied by the club. ( At least that's the story anyway).

On that basis Alloa would be preferable for his as the KFC and McD's are much closer to their ground.

We tend to get the pizzas in for the boys after a game so he’ll fit right in. Nae Playstation and nae KFC? No wonder Bartley was a failure.

38 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Saw something on facebook saying we won 7-0.

Yaaas. We're gonna win the League! 

33 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Tuesday night's game v Clyde, will it be pay at the gate or tickets from the Arena? 

Must have missed word of this game. Oh well, might give it a go.

41 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Tuesday night's game v Clyde, will it be pay at the gate or tickets from the Arena? 

It will be online tickets or tickets from the ticket office, as normal.

However, there might be a turnstile taking card payments in the BDS

Was at new abbey today for game thought queens played well . 
first half a lot young players and trialist started . The three local boys done well Rodgerson currie  and Johnstone . 
trialist 2 Charlie Barnes I think decent 

3 unknown but like full  back played whole game 

9& 10 unknown both done well 

after half time a lot of changes  

really like the look of Bengi  saw him a few times at Annan but looks a lot stronger than before 

Dickinson looks a unit 

I know this will surprise but the keeper was very positive and  vocal  soo ok prepared to give him chance

i know only abbey vale but like the way team wants to play and murphy definitely likes a strength to his side 

ps abbey vale keeper deserved credit as he kept game under double figures 

look forward to Clyde Tuesday 

10 hours ago, lowland star said:

Was at new abbey today for game thought queens played well . 
first half a lot young players and trialist started . The three local boys done well Rodgerson currie  and Johnstone . 
trialist 2 Charlie Barnes I think decent 

3 unknown but like full  back played whole game 

9& 10 unknown both done well 

after half time a lot of changes  

really like the look of Bengi  saw him a few times at Annan but looks a lot stronger than before 

Dickinson looks a unit 

I know this will surprise but the keeper was very positive and  vocal  soo ok prepared to give him chance

i know only abbey vale but like the way team wants to play and murphy definitely likes a strength to his side 

ps abbey vale keeper deserved credit as he kept game under double figures 

look forward to Clyde Tuesday 

Hard to get excited, but was a professional enough performance from everyone. We certainly look a lot more physical than we’ve been for years. Currie didn’t play it was Oram. Barnes and the boy playing left hand side were as mentioned are big presences again, both looked comfortable in possession. Thought the number 10 was very bright in the 10 role. Young Euan Ross who was involved with squads last year looked good too and took both his goals very well. A worthwhile excercise to get minutes into legs, don’t think much more can be taking. Tuesday will be a much stiffer test  

For me we are still needing 6/7 players

On 21/06/2024 at 21:03, QoS99 said:

I’ve met Connelly a few times and had chats with him, it always came across to me that his attitude was shocking. He’s clearly a player but it’s obviously the reason why we he isn’t playing at the level he should have in the past few years.

Someone mentioned on our forum earlier in the week about QP looking at him, could be a load of nonsense though

Not really heard his name in a while now. Seemed fairly hyped a couple years back but if he’s not setting the world alight in league 1, not sure I’d feel too buzzing about him joining 

think i managed to work out some of the trialists 2 was Charlie Barnes looked pretty decent,8 was a Liam Trotter that was at Dundee Utd 9 was Scott Williamson that was at Queens Park and 10 Josh Walker that used to be at Annan. Not sure who 3 was they called him Yannick but he looked very good on the ball and put in some good crosses.

6 minutes ago, Queens90 said:

9 was Scott Williamson that was at Queens Park

Interesting, he's technically still under contract (or was going into this season anyway, assuming an arrangement has been made to cut ties). How did he get on? Always wanted him to kick on and do well, but we signed him from the WOSFL then got promoted to the Championship and he's never been quite up to the standard.

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Someone mentioned on our forum earlier in the week about QP looking at him, could be a load of nonsense though

Not really heard his name in a while now. Seemed fairly hyped a couple years back but if he’s not setting the world alight in league 1, not sure I’d feel too buzzing about him joining 

If the penny did drop for him he’d be an excellent signing for any Championship team, whether that happens though is another story.

36 minutes ago, chas said:

Any possibility of a stream on Tuesday?

QoS haven't streamed any competitive home games for a couple of seasons at least, so can't see a stream being done for a friendly.