The Queen of the South thread

49 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Craik hasn't trained this week and is likely to be out for Saturday's game too now.

Haven’t been impressed so far but another option down is grim

44 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

We definitely need another striker. Ideally he could be tasked with updating the sign as an additional duty😉

He'd probably injure himself while doing so.

2 minutes ago, Biblemaster said:

Was surprised that Murphy said in his interview after the Alloa game that Craik had played for Kilmarnock's development side during the week.  Didn't think that would be allowed?

It's explicitly allowed. 

23 minutes ago, Biblemaster said:

Was surprised that Murphy said in his interview after the Alloa game that Craik had played for Kilmarnock's development side during the week.  Didn't think that would be allowed?

Some Queens' youngsters put out on loan often play for Queens'  reserves/development team I believe. Obviously not an ideal situation if Craik picked up his injury playing for Killie Development but that's the chance you take bringing in a young loanee.

It is a bit of a nonsense that loan players can play for Premiership B teams in the Challenge Cup. It means Craik is now cup-tied and can’t play for Queens in the competition. It is also possible that Craik’s current injury is related to the one Murphy said he picked up playing for Killie B in that cup.

33 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Does anyone know how long Dickenson will be out for? Murphy saying in the Record that no one extra will be back for tomorrow’s game.

That's a bit of a shitter. I was hoping for at least Dickenson to be back as I had assumed it wasn't major going by Murphy post match interview. 

Injuries are a pain in the arse at the best of times but more so just now. Last season I wanted players back to help us avoid the drop whereas I think we have a real chance this season with a full squad. I came away delighted with a point last week but instantly after said "I think we could have won that if we had a full squad available". 

As much as I'm wanting us to pick up wins, as long as our defence can hold firm and we keep near the top of the pack while we're depleted I'll be quite happy for now. 

52 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Does anyone know how long Dickenson will be out for? Murphy saying in the Record that no one extra will be back for tomorrow’s game.

Disappointing if nobody extra  is back for tomorrow but also crucial we don’t rush players back and end up with longer term absences.  Still very early in a long season. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

OK, we won't have any injuries back but maybe Boro's Jack Hannah will be added to the matchday squad to boost the numbers.

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

OK, we won't have any injuries back but maybe Boro's Jack Hannah will be added to the matchday squad to boost the numbers.

That's assuming he hasn't picked up any injuries since arriving!

7 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

That's assuming he hasn't picked up any injuries since arriving!

He got to Palmerston, had a look at the Next Match sign and didn't think we had a game this Saturday so headed back home.

11 minutes ago, Rouky1 said:

I don't know the answer to this one, apart from Dobbie who was the last queen's player to score a hat trick for queen's in a competitive game?

No idea, but a wild guess .... Nicky Clark in the season where he netted over 40 goals and we romped L1 winning the title by March?

14 minutes ago, Rouky1 said:

I don't know the answer to this one, apart from Dobbie who was the last queen's player to score a hat trick for queen's in a competitive game?

Ally Roy v Airdrie, league cup 2021. He’s the last to have scored a hat trick for us, whether you exclude others or not

1 hour ago, Rouky1 said:

52 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

No idea, but a wild guess .... Nicky Clark in the season where he netted over 40 goals and we romped L1 winning the title by March?

49 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Ally Roy v Airdrie, league cup 2021. He’s the last to have scored a hat trick for us, whether you exclude others or not

Apart from Dobbie, and the Ally Roy one noted by @die hard doonhamer, Derek Lyle was the last to get one in the league at Cowdenbeath in January 2015.  Beanie also got a hat trick earlier that season in the league cup against Elgin, and Delboy also got one the season before against Annan in the same competition.  These are the only non-Dobbie competitive hat tricks since Clark left.

Here are another couple of teasers for y'all...

Who was the last player other than Dobbie to score 4 for Queens in a competitive match?

Who was the last hat-trick scorer for Queens in the 20th century?

And who scored the first of the 21st century?

Finally, and this one's a real toughie in my opinion, who scored the second competitive hat-trick for Queens this century?

Edited by Slipmat

11 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Here are another couple of teasers for y'all...

Who was the last player other than Dobbie to score 4 for Queens in a competitive match?

Who was the last hat-trick scorer for Queens in the 20th century?

And who scored the first of the 21st century?

Finally, and this one's a real toughie in my opinion, who scored the second competitive hat-trick for Queens this century?

Was it Tommy Bryce for the 4 goals?