The Queen of the South thread

Nothing on the OS will change until theres an official announcement. I wouldnt take the fact that the OS hasnt changed as any indication that this might not have happened. Not that I know it has, but its far more likely no-one at the club, who does actually know the situation, has even thought about putting an announcement out <_<

I`m not.That`s my point. It clealry has already happened. It`s the lack of an official announcement or acknowledgement of Brannigan`s departure that amazes me. Pretty straight forward to announce that his contract expires on 31st May and won`t be renewed. Would make sense to also publically thank him for his hard work for the club. The lack of leadership at the club is a disgrace and a real concern in my view. The PR or complete lack of it is just dire.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

The relationship between the BoD and Brannigan has deteriorated to such an extent that his departure is surely of no surprise to anyone.

Given that there has yet to be any official comment from the BoD, I'm reserving judgement on whether they have acted in good faith or not.

Brannigan has not been sacked, his contract has simply come to an end and has not been renewed.

In such circumstances it is normal, and probably a legal requirement, for an employer to inform an employee formally of this situation by letter.

In such a situation I'd certainly say it would be proper for the employee to be informed verbally of this.

If the BoD didn't attempt to do this, then they certainly lack backbone.

However, Brannigan only says he was informed by letter, he does not say if he was invited to speak to the board in advance of the receipt of this letter or not.

I'd want clarification of this before hanging anyone out to dry.

Whether you like Mr Brannigan or not it is a disgraceful way to treat anyone. He may have upset the board with some of his public utterances but someone had to speak out. The least that he deserved was to be told face to face. This just shows our board of directors to be spineless cowards.

The team picked itself. His contribution was to play 3 at the back,not use the boys and play an unfit Holmes and say Weatherston wasn't the answer.

We also lost against Brechin and the cup final and would have finished 5th if Dundee hadn't had points deducted.

Yes, that's about the size of it. You could also have added observations about his constant negative posturing and unprofessional comments.

Football wise, we were doing fine until supensions, injuries and a fixture pile-up made this small squad that people bang on about, some sort of issue.

When it became one, we struggled. Now that's not KB's fault, but were he really a "miracle worker" or "nothing short of brilliant", then that would have been when such qualities came to the fore and we'd have done better than we did.

On the field, we did ok under Brannigan.

Off the field, we were disastrous. Again, that wasn't all KB's fault, but some of it was and that's why he doesn't deserve a new contract.

Saying so isn't to let the board off the hook, but discussion gets polarised.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Yes, that's about the size of it. You could also have added observations about his constant negative posturing and unprofessional comments.

Football wise, we were doing fine until supensions, injuries and a fixture pile-up made this small squad that people bang on about, some sort of issue.

When it became one, we struggled. Now that's not KB's fault, but were he really a "miracle worker" or "nothing short of brilliant", then that would have been when such qualities came to the fore and we'd have done better than we did.

On the field, we did ok under Brannigan.

Off the field, we were disastrous. Again, that wasn't all KB's fault, but some of it was and that's why he doesn't deserve a new contract.

Saying so isn't to let the board off the hook, but discussion gets polarised.

His comments were his downfall along with losing the cup games. I didn't like Scott or Chisholm but at least they seemed like decent people but I actually came to despise him at the end. I used to listen to the weekly KickTalk and to hear him saying I've only 7 or whatever number it was that week players available totally ignoring the lads was just wrong.

Some are saying he's not been treated right but he has been unprofessional all season and IMO he was point scoring against the BOD since day one ie playing 3 at the back because he didn't have enough players yet one of the u19s could have filled in but they were nay ready.

If he's as good as some are making out he should have no problem finding another club.

The relationship between the BoD and Brannigan has deteriorated to such an extent that his departure is surely of no surprise to anyone.

Given that there has yet to be any official comment from the BoD, I'm reserving judgement on whether they have acted in good faith or not.

Brannigan has not been sacked, his contract has simply come to an end and has not been renewed.

In such circumstances it is normal, and probably a legal requirement, for an employer to inform an employee formally of this situation by letter.

In such a situation I'd certainly say it would be proper for the employee to be informed verbally of this.

However, Brannigan only says he was informed by letter, he does not say if he was invited to speak to the board in advance of the receipt of this letter or not.

This. I agree with it entirely. I would be certain that the Board will have taken legal advice on how to act with respect to Brannigan's departure though even so parts of it have been handled badly and if he has now received a letter (which he is quoted as saying he has so I presume it's the case) then the OS at least should carry a statement about the position. Hopefully one will follow on Monday when people are back at work.

His comments were his downfall along with losing the cup games. I didn't like Scott or Chisholm but at least they seemed like decent people but I actually came to despise him at the end. I used to listen to the weekly KickTalk and to hear him saying I've only 7 or whatever number it was that week players available totally ignoring the lads was just wrong.

Some are saying he's not been treated right but he has been unprofessional all season and IMO he was point scoring against the BOD since day one ie playing 3 at the back because he didn't have enough players yet one of the u19s could have filled in but they were nay ready.

If he's as good as some are making out he should have no problem finding another club.

I agree with most of what you write there, but two wrongs don't make a right. Just because Brannigan's constant negativity bordered on the unprofessional, the BoD should have acted with more backbone in informing him that his contract was not getting renewed. They may well have requested a meeting for all I know, so I may be wide of the mark. If not then they have not covered themselves in glory in what is yet another sorry episode down Palmerston way.

With the news that McKenna is on his way to Morton then we clearly have more to worry about than the departure of our manager. We need a new boss in place as soon as possible, and we need some good news on the player front for a change.

This. I agree with it entirely. I would be certain that the Board will have taken legal advice on how to act with respect to Brannigan's departure though even so parts of it have been handled badly and if he has now received a letter (which he is quoted as saying he has so I presume it's the case) then the OS at least should carry a statement about the position. Hopefully one will follow on Monday when people are back at work.

Hopefully, this will give you something to think about, instead of continually poking your nose into DFC affairs.

Gordon Chisholm. He has been offered the managers job at QUEENS.He has asked for the weekend to think about it before he gives a answer to David Rae.I have said on our Mad board that he would be offered the job wonder now if he will take it ?

Edited by Mr X

From what I heard, Brannigan has been trying to talk to Rae since he returned from holiday

Ive merged all the Queens threads, as there didnt seem much point in several threads all discussing the same thing

Gordon Chisholm. He has been offered the managers job at QUEENS.He has asked for the weekend to think about it before he gives a answer to David Rae.I have said on our Mad board that he would be offered the job wonder now if he will take it ?

I assume this intelligence came directly from a close family member of Gordon's?

I'd be really worried if this came to pass!

Some day for you. The world didnt end and Brannigan did lose his job. Somehow, though, I get the feeling youd have preferred it the other way round.

Can we organise a sweep for how long it will take you to turn on the new manager?

I assume this intelligence came directly from a close family member of Gordon's?

The post on MAD claims to be from someone who spoke to Billy Dodds today

McCall will be his assistant then.

Some day for you. The world didnt end and Brannigan did lose his job. Somehow, though, I get the feeling youd have preferred it the other way round.

Can we organise a sweep for how long it will take you to turn on the new manager?

The post on MAD claims to be from someone who spoke to Billy Dodds today

How long before you turn on the old manager then?

Because you backed Chisholm to the hilt then recently called him mediocre that's why.

I dont recall ever backing Chisholm "to the hilt". I certainly wasnt that bothered when he went. Since he went, its become clear that he was given far more money than a) he should have been and b) any other managers have had. Therefore, what looked like a decent record is now only mediocre.