The Queen of the South thread

There are a few looking for a job but can we afford them?

Said this every time we were looking for a manager, see who applies, make up a shortlist and pick the best one.

It's still a gamble and it may not work out but it's the only way IMO.

Gus MacPherson , Jimmy Nichol, Calderwood or Brian Reid are the obvious ones but there must be others out there.

I doubt that these guys are affordable. I think that you are looking internally or from lower down. Possibly a player coach would be better for you. I've got the feeling that you've missed out to Alloa over Hartley (as an example). Tough one guys. All the best.

Edited by toms

Why should we go for Chisholm when nobody else wants him?

Dundee couldn't wait to get shot of him.

Because he's an arsewipe, wee Davie Rae's favourite. <_<

I doubt that these guys are affordable. I think that you are looking internally or from lower down. Possibly a player coach would be better for you. I've got the feeling that you've missed out to Alloa over Hartley (as an example). Tough one guys. All the best.

That would be the unemployed McPherson and calderwood, and nichol who has been at cowdenbeath, who can hardly be paying a big wage.

That would be the unemployed McPherson and calderwood, and nichol who has been at cowdenbeath, who can hardly be paying a big wage.

How many of your players will be unemployed, and how many of them can you afford to keep?

Nicholl is realistic enough, the other two not. Calderwood is a good chequebook manager but that's what he's looking for at any new club. It's a rubbish job for an established manager to take while you're cutting back.

Two home games with Ayr Utd next season....plus two great away days to Somerset Park....things are looking up.:D

Unless the BoD were hoping to get Brian Reid, then things have gone pear shaped.

How many of your players will be unemployed, and how many of them can you afford to keep?

Nicholl is realistic enough, the other two not. Calderwood is a good chequebook manager but that's what he's looking for at any new club. It's a rubbish job for an established manager to take while you're cutting back.

Nicholl is the only one that would genuinely excite me. The players we can't afford to keep will have other offers, these managers may not.

brian reid although with ayr comeing up thats no gona happen gus mcpherson yogi huges both out of word and would probibly be happy just to get a foot back in the door other than that alan maitland rowen alexander and john connoly are other names that will be linked as will graham robertson.

brian reid although with ayr comeing up thats no gona happen gus mcpherson yogi huges both out of word and would probibly be happy just to get a foot back in the door other than that alan maitland rowen alexander and john connoly are other names that will be linked as will graham robertson.

Alexander and Connolly have been out of the game too long, so there ruled out. Graham Rpbertson, why him? He is coaching at a lower level than JT and NS so these two seasoned pros should be offered before him. I would go with John Hughes.

Alexander and Connolly have been out of the game too long, so there ruled out. Graham Rpbertson, why him? He is coaching at a lower level than JT and NS so these two seasoned pros should be offered before him. I would go with John Hughes.

But Robertson has been doing it for far longer.

If we're talking local names, then Davie Irons should be added to the list.

I keep hoping that this is all just a bad dream & I will wake up soon!

In all seriousness though, I fully expect us to go down the hybrid full & part time route. Kenny Brannigan is not blameless in this situation & he was perhaps unwise to go fanning the flames in the press after the event. Our board also have handled things very badly and in a cowardly manner. Hopefully we will appoint a new manager soon and the whole saga will die a death. The coming weeks promise to be interesting as we wait to see who is appointed manager & what players come in.

A good first division centre-half but I think he's still prone to the odd mistake that will be punished a lot more in the SPL.

I think that's an understatement TeeMan, I thought he was one of the best centre-backs in the league last season. I would be very shocked if a club didn't approach QoS about him. Solid centre-back and just as good at full-back. I would take him in the SPL ahead of Harris, who is a tidy left-back and a reasonable centre-back.

Davie Irons can f**k off. Hopeless manager, horrible man. Is he not joining the police anyway?

Certainly seemed a decent guy every time I've spoken to him. Horrible manager mind you. Really wouldn't surprise me if he is approached by Rae dry.gif.

Ideally I'd love to see Hughes get the post, but I can't see that happening. No doubt it will be the predictable appointment of the previous assistant.

Gloryhunter forum? Very good. Craig Reid has been crap in the 10-15 QOS games I've seen in the season just past.

Of course, this completely ridiculous statement doesn't have anything to do with the fact Reidy started his career at Celtic. :rolleyes:

Of course he has. :lol:

Sure has. How he got POTY I will never know. There was a good few players better than him.

I honestly never knew where he started his career. Still nothing to do with it. Also know that Harris played with Rangers, doesn't stop me from saying he was shite in most games I have seen him.