The Queen of the South thread

I can't see an SPL 2 happening now, especially as SPL1 looks to be entering its last season. The SPL brand is tainted so much that attempting to bring in a similar model in the lower leagues would be a non-starter in my opinion. No, the tide is turning and hopefully for the better.

Maybe I put it wrongly. The SFA proposals don't involve an SPL2 in the sense that it would be run by that imbecile, Doncaster.

The danger is though that a new structure would see the top 2 divisions treated separately, albeit with everyone under an SFA umbrella. This would still be unhealthy and I've always thought so, even before we got bloody relegated.

Guest Flash

To be honest I can see arguments for both sides here. I can see merit in Rangers being deemed "relegated" from the SPL (in such circumstances of course Dunfermline would have to stay up not Dundee go up) for their overall offences. I'm not overly hung up on the creation of newco being a different club. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's still a duck.

Equally I understand there's a case for their expulsion from football entirely here and then if a new company wishes to apply for a spare SFL place they can do (would anyone bother to stand against them pther than for bid experience?).

I don't think it's a particularly easy question to answer and it might just be one chance to improve the lot of the SFL on a permanent basis by getting that playoff place we've all coveted for years. There are a turbulent few weeks ahead for sure. I'd think the one thing we can be absolutely sure of is that they won't be playing in the second division next season so we won't be seeing them directly.

If the management committee of the SFL accept them into the First Division under clause 15 of the League rules (relegated SPL club automatically goes into the First division) then the clubs should call a general meeting under clause 50 and expel them from the league under clause 20 - objectionable conduct. This would require 75% of the SFL clubs to agree.

If the SPL are relegating them for their overall offences, then the SFL should also impose a punishment for those offences, otherwise they are effectively condoning the action of "old" Rangers.

Alternatively, if Newco is a new club, they start at the bottom.

And if Newco is effectively the old club in disguise, then they should not be allowed to enter the top tier of the SFL ahead of clubs who have not cheated.

What seems to be happening here is that the SPL are being forced to punish Rangers due to the influence of the fans of other clubs. But the worst they want to happen is to expel them for one season. So, reverse engineering is taking place - changing everything in order to ensure the desired outcome. And they are offering the SFL thirty pieces of silver in the form of play-offs as part of this reverse engineeering process.

Mark Durnan from St Johnstone seemingly on trial according to Daily Record.

Arbroath fan said he's big and solid, disappointed they didn't tie him down.

Assuming he signs , Mark will prove to be a more than useful player both in the 2nd division but also if QOTS win promotion to the 1st next season.

Guest TOPFITTER

Apologies for going off-topic,

This Friday 29th June 2012 there will be a meeting of the Queens Trust Committee in the Tartan Lounge, Palmerston Park, at 7pm.

thanks for your understanding.:rolleyes:

He's a good steady 1st division defender. Solid enough at the back but offers little attacking wise (not that this is very important) - more than good enough for a mid-table side.

Centre half i think he'd do a job in the SPL, got to say am surprised Aberdeen haven't looked at him after his performances against him, was unreal. Right Back he's solid enough but not as good as at centre half.

Centre half i think he'd do a job in the SPL, got to say am surprised Aberdeen haven't looked at him after his performances against him, was unreal. Right Back he's solid enough but not as good as at centre half.

Very similar to ex-Queens man George Cloy.

From a Morton fan. Is Reid any good guys?

He's honking with a capital Honk!

Cost Queens numerous goals last season with his lack of skill and composure at right back.

It would be true to say he is slightly better at centre back but not by much.

Craig Reid set high standards in 2010-11, but fell short of those last season. That may have had something to do with the general malaise in the side as a whole and the fact he played most games at right back. He's not a bad full back but is certainly better in the centre of defence. He's probably best of all playing sweeper in a back three. Prone to error at times, I'm not convinced he'll ever make it in the SPL but he's a good first division defender.

According to the Courier Derek Lyle has turned down a contract with cowdenbeath to sign for you guys.

Seems strange to turn down 1st division football for 2nd division.

Although would/will he be Full Time with you?

He would. Not sure about that one, although he would probably still be a decent player at this level, to say hes carrying a lot of, off the field, baggage would be a massive understatement!