The Queen of the South thread

Afraid I can't get into pre-season at all just now.

Does anyone have an inkling as to what our BoD will do regards the vote. I've emailed the Club and had heehaw response.

I seriously believe they are going to vote in favour and 30+ years of supporting and following my team will be ended :(

Afraid I can't get into pre-season at all just now.

Does anyone have an inkling as to what our BoD will do regards the vote. I've emailed the Club and had heehaw response.

I seriously believe they are going to vote in favour and 30+ years of supporting and following my team will be ended :(

I'm in the same boat. I fear that we are heading for a decision that is going to alienate a lot of us.

The Queens board will have had an opportunity to review the information regarding the situation now: at least as much as the clubs who have come out strongly against the proposals. I'm so envious of the likes of Raith Rovers fans at the moment. I'd be raring to get back into the new season if I supported them. I've no apetite for it at the moment.

The deafening silence from Palmerston leads me to suspect that the board are heading for a Yes vote in the hope that a secret ballot will keep the whole sorry thing behind closed doors.

The board have a choice here. They can apply the rules or they can capitulate in the face of threats and bribery. And if the set-up of the meeting is such that they do not get a say about the division that Sevco are placed in then they should table an amendment. Like on so many occasions over the years but more than ever now, silence from the boardroom is damaging the club.

Edited by Adamski

I'm in the same boat. I fear that we are heading for a decision that is going to alienate a lot of us.

The Queens board will have had an opportunity to review the information regarding the situation now: at least as much as the clubs who have come out strongly against the proposals. I'm so envious of the likes of Raith Rovers fans at the moment. I'd be raring to get back into the new season if I supported them. I've no apetite for it at the moment.

The deafening silence from Palmerston leads me to suspect that the board are heading for a Yes vote in the hope that a secret ballot will keep the whole sorry thing behind closed doors.

The board have a choice here. They can apply the rules or they can capitulate in the face of threats and bribery. And if the set-up of the meeting is such that they do not get a say about the division that Sevco are placed in then they should table an amendment. Like on so many occasions over the years but more than ever now, silence from the boardroom is damaging the club.

At this precise moment in time due to the silence from Palmerston I find myself in a strange position of having less trust in the current board than I ever did during the dark days of Wullie H. That is a scandal.

I'm spending a lot of time in the big Rangers thread, as this whole subject and the outcome dictates where my Scottish football days are heading, and it saddens me that 17 of our SFL colleagues can come out and say 'No' yet our BoD cower away and say nothing.

Still time to make it right, but now that there seems to be a clear 17 clubs against the proposals we'd appear to be jumping on the bandwagon.

It's not a hard decision, but somehow our lot have made a right arse of it.

At this precise moment in time due to the silence from Palmerston I find myself in a strange position of having less trust in the current board than I ever did during the dark days of Wullie H. That is a scandal.

I'm spending a lot of time in the big Rangers thread, as this whole subject and the outcome dictates where my Scottish football days are heading, and it saddens me that 17 of our SFL colleagues can come out and say 'No' yet our BoD cower away and say nothing.

Still time to make it right, but now that there seems to be a clear 17 clubs against the proposals we'd appear to be jumping on the bandwagon.

It's not a hard decision, but somehow our lot have made a right arse of it.

I hear you, but as far as I was aware the vote hasn't happened yet. Bumping your gums just now is a waste of energy. When the vote is made and if we find out how they voted and it transpires that we have voted for the newco into div 1 then I shall join in the aforementioned gum bumping, but not until then. And for the record I won't go to Palmerston again if this proves to be the case.

Should every boardroom decision be made public, or just the ones the fans have decided should be? Or should we just scrap the boardroom all together and hold the board meetings on the Plainstanes, allowing passers-by to interfere?

Should every boardroom decision be made public, or just the ones the fans have decided should be? Or should we just scrap the boardroom all together and hold the board meetings on the Plainstanes, allowing passers-by to interfere?

This isn't your average boardroom decision. It's arguably the most important decision that a Queens board has made. And a significant proportion of the support's attitude towards the club, and potentially attendance at future matches will be based on this decision. I'm sure that the board are aware of this.

We're not asking for a lot - just the same sort of levels of communication that nearly two-thirds of other clubs in the SFL have afforded their fans.

Yes or no, Queens, yes or no?

Queens beat Partick 4-1 in the behind closed doors game. Smith double, McShane and Trialist Durnan scored. Believe Robertson and Derek Young played again.

Derek Young would be a good signing for Queens!

Derek Young would be a good signing for Queens!

Tom Brighton is away to Irvine Meadow

Craig Reid looks likely to sign for Morton (as he's been training with them pre season so far)

Ryan Smylie has signed for Kilbirnie Ladeside

Edited by RUSTY1111

Hewitson just been on STV. A lot of wishy washy saying nothing bit I fear the worst.

I've feared it since the decision came our way.

Totally agree with the comments about being unable to enter into pre-season speculation about how our squad is shaping up. Until we know whether or not the game we watch is officially rigged, nothing else about it seems to matter much to me.

I've feared it since the decision came our way.

Totally agree with the comments about being unable to enter into pre-season speculation about how our squad is shaping up. Until we know whether or not the game we watch is officially rigged, nothing else about it seems to matter much to me.

I am of the same mind.

I have a very bad feeling about our voting intentions. I cannot tell you how relieved I will be if we vote no to newco in the first division. Whilst it is a secret ballot, I'm sure we'll find out one way or another.

Hewitson just been on STV. A lot of wishy washy saying nothing bit I fear the worst.

He was on Border tv the other night ,must be same interview he basically muttered a few words.The Annan chairman was spot on when he was interviewed .Also agreed with what he said today in the paper "if it was Killie or S tMirren the fixtures would be out and we wouldnt even be disscussing this " .

Tommorow will determine if I buy a season ticket or not.

He was on Border tv the other night ,must be same interview he basically muttered a few words.The Annan chairman was spot on when he was interviewed .Also agreed with what he said today in the paper "if it was Killie or S tMirren the fixtures would be out and we wouldnt even be disscussing this " .

Tommorow will determine if I buy a season ticket or not.

Agree with your view on the Annan statement. I've spoken to him at a few Scotland away games, really nice chap. Wish QoS could have the same transparency but I think they're hoping the vote remains behind closed doors. it's going to be a long day.

Its a no brainer for me . Why piss off the vast majority of your fans and maybe stop visiting ones attending Palmerston by voting yes to servco. By the way , those saying they will never attend Palmerston again is a nonsense . What if the chairman and board left and new ones came in ? Would you still have the same stance because the previous custodians voted the way you didnt want ?