The Queen of the South thread

Ok , bye bye Grant , have a nice life

Will be cracking, knowing I don't support a club that isn't stuck halfway up Rangers arse.

Disgusting.

Says a fan of a team that waves union jacks at games. Thats a far bigger shame, isnt it ?

Waving a union jack isn't a shame at all, his club will be part of a country that is part of the united kingdom, waving a flag to represent the united kingdom shouldn't be frowned upon.

Voting Rangers into the 1st division and making your club the laughing stock of Scotland? that is shameful.

My gripe is with those running the game and attempting to impose their f**k ups on the SFL. I have no beef with individual clubs.

The SFL as a whole has reached the correct decision and that's all that matters to me. For those reasons I won't be boycotting any SFL clubs.

Now, all that said, I really don't know how I'd feel if my own like club had attempted to sneak 'Rangers' into the First Division.

Obviously I have no affiliation with QOS so what your board says has no bearing on my feelings, but with Dunfermline I obviously want our board to respect the fans wishes. So for that reason if Dunfermline had voted yes I would have had to think twice about attending EEP again.

Personally, I won't be there next year as I'm moving to Aberdeen anyways (I know lucky me, right. laugh.gif) the board should have realised that the general consensus of the public and how other clubs were going to vote, their inability to listen to their customers is bad business by them and the honeymoon for Hewitson is well and truly over. The only key groups that wanted the first division option was the SFA and the Rangers Board.

I would like the BOD stand aside as since Rae took over has been too content avoiding relegation and 4th place finishes rather than attract new investment , fans, or press on with a new stadium at a decent pace.

I hope they sell but Rae only wants somebody "local", I hope some group which isn't dodgy or mysterious comes in and provides some form of optimism and hope rather than the crusty old board that we have that has undid all the good work of the previous two chairmen (Blount, Bradford).

Will be cracking, knowing I don't support a club that isn't stuck halfway up Rangers arse.

Disgusting.

Waving a union jack isn't a shame at all, his club will be part of a country that is part of the united kingdom, waving a flag to represent the united kingdom shouldn't be frowned upon.

Voting Rangers into the 1st division and making your club the laughing stock of Scotland? that is shameful.

Whats disgusting is seeing how much Qos fans are hurting and idiots like you twisting the knife in . No need and f**k all to do with us . As for the loony jambo loyalist fringe , as well you know , I would be far more concerned if we were doing that . I trust you dont need to darken our doors again so please stay away , your not wanted.

Whats disgusting is seeing how much Qos fans are hurting and idiots like you twisting the knife in . No need and f**k all to do with us . As for the loony jambo loyalist fringe , as well you know , I would be far more concerned if we were doing that . I trust you dont need to darken our doors again so please stay away , your not wanted.

I am still hurting about the situation, can't believe the board would go against 99.9% of our fans. If the board had the balls to come out with a statement explaining there reason then maybe it'd be easier to understand but they won't. Hewitson reign as chairmen had started positively, full time, lot of work on pitch and the signing of gibson but he's undone all that now with this decision. It'd take something great to bring back my trust in the board. Everyone wanting the BoD out, thats all well and good but theres nobody else wanting in. Whatever happens Queens are my club and will be till the day i die, i came out with the banter of not returning if we said yes, but i could never turn my back on the club, just will not support the board.

On a brighter note, 4-0 win at Gretna. Have to say first 20 minutes i feared the worst, Defence was terrible and tbh Gretna looked a real handful but then we turned the screw a bit. 3 very nice goals in the Holt's, Smiths and wee Gavs. Best performers was quite impressed with the trialists, don't get me wrong a lot of the team didn't get into second gear, but Durnan at centre half uses the ball very well, played some very nice passes and Hopkirk that came on i don't think he wasted a pass. Quite young as well which is good. McGuffie never had the best of times, Johnston was terrible, Hope he doesn't see himself as a starter. Nicky Clark is another one, i just can't take to him, Thought he was poor yesterday although he hit the back of the net. Reilly is a much better option IMO.

Edited by qos1990

I am still hurting about the situation, can't believe the board would go against 99.9% of our fans. If the board had the balls to come out with a statement explaining there reason then maybe it'd be easier to understand but they won't. Hewitson reign as chairmen had started positively, full time, lot of work on pitch and the signing of gibson but he's undone all that now with this decision. It'd take something great to bring back my trust in the board. Everyone wanting the BoD out, thats all well and good but theres nobody else wanting in. Whatever happens Queens are my club and will be till the day i die, i came out with the banter of not returning if we said yes, but i could never turn my back on the club, just will not support the board.

On a brighter note, 4-0 win at Gretna. Have to say first 20 minutes i feared the worst, Defence was terrible and tbh Gretna looked a real handful but then we turned the screw a bit. 3 very nice goals in the Holt's, Smiths and wee Gavs. Best performers was quite impressed with the trialists, don't get me wrong a lot of the team didn't get into second gear, but Durnan at centre half uses the ball very well, played some very nice passes and Hopkirk that came on i don't think he wasted a pass. Quite young as well which is good. McGuffie never had the best of times, Johnston was terrible, Hope he doesn't see himself as a started.

Have to agree thought Gretna more than matched you for 25 mins, should of went 1 up. 1st 2 goals were scrappy, great work from wee Dan for 3rd goal. Gav did take his goal well.

Good work out for our lads, think they dug in well 2nd half although Queens did have the lion share of possession in the 2nd half without penetration.

Personally I thought the side that played us last year looked more dangerous but I'm sure u now have the right men at the helm and will make a swift return to Div1.

Good luck from all at Raydale Park.

On a brighter note, 4-0 win at Gretna. Have to say first 20 minutes i feared the worst, Defence was terrible and tbh Gretna looked a real handful but then we turned the screw a bit. 3 very nice goals in the Holt's, Smiths and wee Gavs. Best performers was quite impressed with the trialists, don't get me wrong a lot of the team didn't get into second gear, but Durnan at centre half uses the ball very well, played some very nice passes and Hopkirk that came on i don't think he wasted a pass. Quite young as well which is good. McGuffie never had the best of times, Johnston was terrible, Hope he doesn't see himself as a starter. Nicky Clark is another one, i just can't take to him, Thought he was poor yesterday although he hit the back of the net. Reilly is a much better option IMO.

Well you're going to have to get used to him with daddy taking the team!

Comfortable win overall. There was nothing in it in the first 25 mins with the best chance falling to Gretna when they were right through and Lee pulled off a good save.Thereafter it was mainly Queens with goals from Clark, a well taken goal from Holt and a back post header from Smith. 3 nil halftime.

Secondhalf was basically one way traffic without actually testing the Gretna keeper much. Thought Gav's first touch was excellent followed by a good finish for his goal.

Was slightly disappointed with Willie's performance, he should have scored in the second half and also thought Smith was quite poor. Couldn't understand why in a preseason friendly we waited so long to make changes and then 2 players didn't even get on!

Edited by Hawk

Was slightly disappointed with Willie's performance, he should have scored in the second half and also thought Smith was quite poor. Couldn't understand why in a preseason friendly we waited so long to make changes and then 2 players didn't even get on!

Didn't think they were great, but not really looking to much into it, both players have more gears to move up.

Thought Queens were lethargic and only played for 30 minutes.Clark is a complete waste of a wage ( that should grab the boards attention) he is woeful.

Gibson will pick up numerous cards for dissent, as he clearly hasnt grown up.Hard to judge players against a very poor Gretna team .

Don't know what you guys think but personally I think that Willy Gibson seems to have overindulged at greggs, he seemed a bit chunky and slow. The Gretna players were out to try and wind him up, but yes he is indeed a bit of rage.

Disgusting.

:lol:

Nice one Grant, are you playing at the Fringe this year?

If you disguise your ignorance for a second and cast your mind back to to the late 90's, I'm sure you will find that Dunfermline were one of the breakaway clubs that formed the land of milk and honey that is the current SPL. Created for no other reason than the greed of the breakaway clubs, at the behest of the Old Firm. So in a way you are right Grant, Dunfermline are not stuck halfway up Rangers arse, they are in fact all the way up. You can add Celtic's buttocks to that list too.

Edited by qos_75

Totally devastated with the way our beloved clubs board voted yesterday.Wish I was good with words like SD or Eugene to describe the way I and the majority of Queens fans feel.

Despite the hundreds of emails,blogs,letters and internet forums where virtually all Queens fans were calling for the board to vote the newco into the 3rd division despite this the board were one of the five voting for the 1st division once again 2 fingers up to the supporters.if this had been any team outside the old firm the vote would have been to allow the club to compete in the sfl this would have been decided weeks ago.

Since Norman Blount and Ronnie Bradford were chairmen Queens have built up a great reputation throughout scottish football as a great club with great values and supporters sadly in one fell swoop this has been taken away.

At one point I did think about turning my back on Queens after 35 years of pain and only missing 5 games home or away since 1985 but at the moment iam undecidex.I will howevere resign from my post as queens trust chairman and ball boys coordinater.

Gutted and embaressed is an under statement.

I understand how you feel and agree with you. Please don't give up on the club and the team because of this vote.

Justice was done and these people on our Board won't be around for ever. I am trying, and at the moment failing, to accept that they voted that way to save Scottish Football from severe financial consequences. Presumably having taken the decision to stay full time, they thought this was a kick in the nuts too hard.

There are times when money is secondary. I would have accepted part-time football and an honourable position. I'm not on the Board, however.

Guest Flash

I understand how you feel and agree with you. Please don't give up on the club and the team because of this vote.

Justice was done and these people on our Board won't be around for ever. I am trying, and at the moment failing, to accept that they voted that way to save Scottish Football from severe financial consequences. Presumably having taken the decision to stay full time, they thought this was a kick in the nuts too hard.

There are times when money is secondary. I would have accepted part-time football and an honourable position. I'm not on the Board, however.

Justice was only done because the vast majority of the other SPL clubs did the right thing.

If another 11 clubs had decided to vote the same was as the 5, then the Queens board would have obtained the result they were seeking.

Just because the others saw sense and didn't ignore their fans should not let that shower off the hook.

Guest Flash

What is the tripe about sporting integrity being compromised anyway? If they felt that strongly, they could have voted not to admit Newco at all.

The summary of the rest of it is that they fell for the bribe of reconstruction that wouldn't happen without the carve up. And they gave in to the threat that Newco would be placed in Div 1 anyway.

Gutless.

Statement makes zero difference to me.