The Queen of the South thread

Strange that a Falkirk fan would come on here having a dig at our crowds . I am sure if he worked out how many locals attend his home games per percentage of Falkirk and surrounding area population , then it would be very low , just as it is almost everywhere. I would rather congratulate all those that have resisted the `charms` of the green/blue/bigot/gloryhunters and back their home team. Our crowds have dissapointingly fell off a cliff since a high average of 2700 in 08-09. Shows how bad the problem in Scotland is when top of the First Division Morton got less than 2,000 for a recent home game

thats simply not true..the reason i posted anything on here at all is in responce to a poster who thought that your manager could take queens higher than falkirk & that queens could have a bigger support than falkirk. since you have all admitted after much bumbling around that he is indeed talking absoloute w**k then my work here is done...feel free to consistently ignore the season ticket question i asked you

The honest answer to your question about our season ticket sales is i don`t know . This is not information that I have ever heard coming out of Palmerston . I would imagine it was a record high the season after we reached the cup final and then dropped off and plateaued out now.

Sorry boys but a move from QoS to Falkirk is a step up. Always has been and always will be.

If AJ was manager of either side then the potential for Falkirk to return to the SPL would be far greater than if he remained manager at Queens. As much as you've had a great season I think a good few of you are getting very carried away about how well this team would do in Division 1, and what the potential of the club really is.

Guest Flash

Sorry boys but a move from QoS to Falkirk is a step up. Always has been and always will be.

If AJ was manager of either side then the potential for Falkirk to return to the SPL would be far greater than if he remained manager at Queens. As much as you've had a great season I think a good few of you are getting very carried away about how well this team would do in Division 1, and what the potential of the club really is.

It is definitely a step up. But the point is - is it a big enough step up to justify leaving? It could well be, but I don't think it is the level that Johnston will be working at within a relativlely short time. So, if he does go there, it will be with a view to it being a stepping stone to a bigger job within a short period.

What we should do is try to match the terms that Falkirk are prepared to put him on.

Very interesting post on the Queens Mad site regarding Qos apparently applying to the council to have the grass pitch at Palmerston replaced by a 3G one

Is that for funding? You wouldn't need to apply to the council to change your playing surface surely?

I hope that the 3/4g pitch gets the go ahead, they are the future especially in Scotland. If queens want to train in dumfries then they can do that on the new pitch as well as rent out the pitch on non match days. Makes perfect sense.

People try to say that on artificial pitches there is a strange bounce, having played on them the ball does bounce slightly different to a grass pitch but you are used to it in 5 minutes, plus the bounce can't be worse than the bobbles and divets you get on a grass pitch.

My views on artificial surfaces are well enough known.

No, No and No!! Under no circumstances would I be in favour of this. The pitch we have is fine. Anyone who doesn't believe this only need go and check out some of the quagmires around the leagues.

I fully understand and accept the monetary issue. Yes, we could let it out during the week, if handled properly wewould benefit financially from this. These pitches are fine for training on or coaching kids but senior football should be played on one surface and one surface only. Grass!

Furthermore these pitches do not guarantee your game will go ahead? Case for: Alloa Athletic V QOS 8th December 2012. Game off. If
their not now all weather pitches but only partial weather pitches then lets rip the lot up and put grass back down

Nice to see young Gavin has had a couple of starts in the last two games and has produced a goal in each. By all accounts he's played well.

See also that a certain Andy Little is now top of the scoring stats, that won't go down well with some!!!

Little has 21 in the league, 25 in all competitions. Nicky has 21 and 29. Now, by my reckoning, 29 is more than 25...

Don’t worry Clark will just be given more game time and we’ll relieve Mitchell and McGuffie of all free kick and penalty duties to assist Nicholas in his quest!

Nice to see young Gavin has had a couple of starts in the last two games and has produced a goal in each. By all accounts he's played well.

See also that a certain Andy Little is now top of the scoring stats, that won't go down well with some!!!

Little has 21 in the league, 25 in all competitions. Nicky has 21 and 29. Now, by my reckoning, 29 is more than 25...

Don’t worry Clark will just be given more game time and we’ll relieve Mitchell and McGuffie of all free kick and penalty duties to assist Nicholas in his quest!

Quite right too, why not?

Very interesting post on the Queens Mad site regarding Qos apparently applying to the council to have the grass pitch at Palmerston replaced by a 3G one

Has skyline drifter got any views on this subject? He normally likes to put his tuppence worth in!!