The Queen of the South thread

Thought Queens played well and probably should of scored a couple of goals. Didn't recognize the trialist but he played well sitting in front of the back four.

Good turnout from the Hearts fans aswell.

Trialist was kevin mcbride american lad ex falkirk

The pitch looked really good you can see that it is the best 3g pitch you can get.

Annan pitch is 2nd rate when you see the Queens pitch.

Played really well today the number 4 had a great game his passing was very good.

The keeper had nothing to do again but looks a bit small and lightweight for me.

My only worry is that we missed a lot of chances that at 1st Div level we must take

We need a pen. box striker like Clark

Russell seems to like to play out wide

Hopefully Reilly will take advice from Dodds seems to want to hit every shot bas hard as he can and when to pass the ball.

I thought we dominated today.

Generally excellent passing, held possession, confidence going forward. I counted 9 corners for us, 1 for Hearts.

Plenty of chances created - and plenty on target. Hearts goalie often made the difference, but our finishing was often poor. No idea if our trial goalie is any good - he had nothing to do.

Agree that trialist 4 was superb. Someone work out who he is for sure, get him signed.

Hearts looked tired. Also a tad frustrated towards the end. Good travelling support, with both players and support showing mutual appreciation before kick off.

Pitch looked excellent and I certainly didn't notice it making a negative difference to players.

Very happy with what I saw from us today. Bodes well.

The pitch looked really good you can see that it is the best 3g pitch you can get.

Annan pitch is 2nd rate when you see the Queens pitch.

Played really well today the number 4 had a great game his passing was very good.

The keeper had nothing to do again but looks a bit small and lightweight for me.

My only worry is that we missed a lot of chances that at 1st Div level we must take

We need a pen. box striker like Clark

Russell seems to like to play out wide

Hopefully Reilly will take advice from Dodds seems to want to hit every shot bas hard as he can and when to pass the ball.

The lack of goals is a concern I think. I like the formation McIntyre is playing but it does have a big drawback in that as Lyle is the best "lone" striker it leaves the two players most likely to score goals on the bench. I would disagree that Russell "likes" to play out wide, I think that is where he is being asked to play. I certainly dont think its his best position, although he did far better there today than on Saturday - although I dont think the Hearts right back was up to much.

Looks like McIntyre still has to make his mind up about a central defensive partnership too. Dowie has looked decent enough but shouldnt, in my opinion, break up the Hiiggins/Durnan partnership. As it stands, the rest of the team pretty much picks itself.

I really liked the look of the number 4 today. Really tidy in possession, wasnt afraid to put his foot in and some of his long range passing was superb. Looked a little lost when asked to play further forward though.

Overall, the performance today was really good. For a friendly, the tempo was really high, the closing down was great as was the passing and movement in possession. Certainly very encouraging early signs but I do worry about where the goals are going to come from.

I dont. If SD does he almost certainly wont be saying in public. Managers dont generally like the names of trialists being shouted about in public

Fair do's

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Guest Flash

When did you lot all play on the new surface at Palmerston to suddenly become experts on it? Jump the fence one night during the week did we and get a kick about going?

I've only seen them on the telly, but I'm confident Cheryl Cole is a better better shag than Norah Batty.

The comments on the merits of artificial and grass pitches were in general terms with the assumption that the new one at Palmerston would be at least as good as those seen anywhere because it is the most up to date.

And if we're only allowed to comment on matters in which we have actually taken part, this will be a very quiet board. We don't usually play in any of the games, we just watch them. I don't think any of us claim to be experts anyway. We are just expressing an opinion.

Wasn't at the game. I don't do friendlies anymore but heard Sandra Browns half time summary.

She seemed pretty pleased with the way Queens were going about things.

Long may it continue although I think it will be the Dundee game before we have a fair idea of how things are shaping up.