The Queen of the South thread

Was at the game and was thoroughly entertained for 90 mins.

The only thing missing was a goal, but the chances were there.

Pitch looked fantastic, looking forward to the upcoming home games.

Hope more of the same, thought the whole squad looked comfotable

on the new surface.

It was good to meet up with friends again on the terracing

Great away support from Hearts fans.

Todays overall performance looks promising for season ahead..

Well thats the 1st time Ive seen Queens under McIntyre and have got to say I was very impressed at how we went about our business. There were no failures in our team and we had Hearts on the backfoot for large chunks of the game - particularly in the 1st half. The trialist was definitely called Kevin and he showed up very well. His passing range was superb and he looks like a similar type player to Young who also prefers to drop deep to receive the ball and spread passes around. Dowie was fine but was not exactly facing a tough striker in Billy King so still can't really judge him. Same with Callum Antell who never had 1 shot to save all afternoon, so again it is difficult to tell if he is up to scratch. He barely even had any crosses to deal with either, so its hard to imagine him having an easier day. The subs weakened us a bit but not overly. Orsi nearly scored a wonder goal but the keeper who was their best player by a mile made another great save. Iain Russell really impressed me when he came on. Was really nippy and direct and looks like he should fit into our team well. One thing I cant understand is why we have kept McShane. He has never impressed me at reserve level, and if we sign this Kevin lad, then there is really no point him being here.

Pitch looked excellent & team looks as though it has picked up from where it left off last season. One slight criticism is that when your standing half way up the terracing you are unable to see the last 2 or 3 feet of the pitch at the byeline as the barriers are slightly too high/too close to the pitch, i wonder if has anyone from the club has noticed this?

Pitch looked excellent & team looks as though it has picked up from where it left off last season. One slight criticism is that when your standing half way up the terracing you are unable to see the last 2 or 3 feet of the pitch at the byeline as the barriers are slightly too high/too close to the pitch, i wonder if has anyone from the club has noticed this?

Agree that fans can't see the byline but at the end of the day can they see the byline at the other end?

For me as long as the officials can see that's all that matters.

The squad must have impressed the new management today no failures in my book..

Good to have football back at Palmerston and the new artificial pitch looks great.

Its was a good match and the only thing missing from it was a goal which Queens deserved but 0-0 it ended.

Also Trialist no.4 played well and I hope he plays the next friendly.

Which is St Mirren on Wednesday before the cup games against Spartans then Annan.

St Mirren lost 4-2 at home to Morton today.

Well thats the 1st time Ive seen Queens under McIntyre and have got to say I was very impressed at how we went about our business. There were no failures in our team and we had Hearts on the backfoot for large chunks of the game - particularly in the 1st half. The trialist was definitely called Kevin and he showed up very well. His passing range was superb and he looks like a similar type player to Young who also prefers to drop deep to receive the ball and spread passes around. Dowie was fine but was not exactly facing a tough striker in Billy King so still can't really judge him. Same with Callum Antell who never had 1 shot to save all afternoon, so again it is difficult to tell if he is up to scratch. He barely even had any crosses to deal with either, so its hard to imagine him having an easier day. The subs weakened us a bit but not overly. Orsi nearly scored a wonder goal but the keeper who was their best player by a mile made another great save. Iain Russell really impressed me when he came on. Was really nippy and direct and looks like he should fit into our team well. One thing I cant understand is why we have kept McShane. He has never impressed me at reserve level, and if we sign this Kevin lad, then there is really no point him being here.

He's a very good young prospect.

Queens played some really good football yesterday. Thought there passing game was brilliant. The no 4 trialist looked good as did Andy Dowie. Keeper was untested by a poor hearts side. Think we might need an other striker in as lyle might not be the answer in the first division. Unless Russell plays the centre forward role or Reilly. Think St Mirren will give us more to think about than hearts did. Cant see that hearts team pulling back from minus 15 points. Who was the guy doing the fitness warm up was it Flannigan ?

Queens played some really good football yesterday. Thought there passing game was brilliant. The no 4 trialist looked good as did Andy Dowie. Keeper was untested by a poor hearts side. Think we might need an other striker in as lyle might not be the answer in the first division. Unless Russell plays the centre forward role or Reilly. Think St Mirren will give us more to think about than hearts did. Cant see that hearts team pulling back from minus 15 points. Who was the guy doing the fitness warm up was it Flannigan ?

I would agree with most of that mate. The no.4 did look good and definitely earned the chance to play again to try and win a contract. Dowie looked solid and clearly likes to play the ball from the back, which McIntyre is obviously keen to encourage. We still dont know if the keeper is any good or not - Hearts never tested him. The one negative was our inability to convert our possession and chances into goals and that is the only slight concern from an otherwise decent performance yesterday.

I too would like another experienced striker added to the squad as I have doubts about Tan Mans ability to score us enough goals if he plays the lone striker role like he did yesterday.

Hearts were poor and I think it will be a long hard season for them and almost impossible to survive in the SPL on yesterdays showing.

Pitch looked feckin great and I actually forgot they were playing on plastic after a while.