The Queen of the South thread

McIntyre has obviously seen enough in the friendlies and in training.  He has a reputation as a very good shot stopper and was offered two year deals by both Motherwell and Hibs when he arrived in Scotland.  Has played regularly for 2 years on loan with East Stirlingshire and East Fife.

http://lostboyos.wordpress.com/2012/09/08/calum-antell-the-interview/

Here he is saving a couple of penalties....

Not saying he will not be good enough ,just that he is such an unknown quantity to most of us. Most of us know the Scottish scene quite well and can talk about the merits of lower league players but not about Calum . We will have to trust JM on this . I take comfort from the fact that the best keeper I ever seen for Queens came to us in 1982 ( age 22) having only played a handful of games for Airdrie.

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

No , not at all . That is just your characteristic but I would much rather you said your stuff than sat in silence . Carry on as normal. Just my opinion in a site of opinions.

Thanks for your permission :P

Not saying he will not be good enough ,just that he is such an unknown quantity to most of us. Most of us know the Scottish scene quite well and can talk about the merits of lower league players but not about Calum . We will have to trust JM on this . I take comfort from the fact that the best keeper I ever seen for Queens came to us in 1982 ( age 22) having only played a handful of games for Airdrie.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts too. I dont think he isnt good enough I just worry that he might not be.

None of them will give up , even if they privately doubt themselves whether correct or not . Dogs with a bone that cannot show any weakness ever.

I don't doubt anything. My point is that it would be abit of a waste if we sign this lad on the back of a good performance against a poor hearts side and then it doesn't work out and we have a useless player sitting in the stand earning a wage. I'd like to think if he can perform to that level again tonight (if he plays) then it gives us a better platform to judge him v a surely better opposition?

Regarding the GK, I can understand why people think its a risk he's a young lad and so far unproven but he isn't a stranger to first team football and maybe the confidence of signing for a 1st division team will do him good.

Was going to mention Barney. When he arrived I had never really known a Queens goalie other than Alan Ball.

The arrival of this new young upstart filled me with a mixture of sadness and dread. However all worked out well in the and and Barney became a firm favourite.

I think this new guy deserves full backing.

Ok. Time to heed your own advice ;)

Or you could hit the 'Ignore' button and we'd both be happy ;)

I think this new guy deserves full backing.

I dont think anyone would disagree with you there. Im also sure that he will get it from the majority, certainly will from me and JR too, I imagine

The branding is a little cringeworthy copying the English stuff, The Championship is the top of the Football League and the Premiership is a separate entity , which makes little sense in Scotland. The logos for it are pretty smart though.

Discussion for a different thread but it's absolutely cringe worthy. I sincerely hope the SPFL didn't waste any money on some sort branding or marketing company to come up with this.

I don't doubt anything. My point is that it would be abit of a waste if we sign this lad on the back of a good performance against a poor hearts side and then it doesn't work out and we have a useless player sitting in the stand earning a wage. I'd like to think if he can perform to that level again tonight (if he plays) then it gives us a better platform to judge him v a surely better opposition?

Regarding the GK, I can understand why people think its a risk he's a young lad and so far unproven but he isn't a stranger to first team football and maybe the confidence of signing for a 1st division team will do him good.

Agree with that. Its natural to want to see your keeper ' busy' during a trial match to see what he is capable of . Anyway, he is a Queens player now and will get everyones backing .