The Queen of the South thread

Dont normally attend friendlies but Looking forward to seeing the new pitch on Saturday at the game v Hearts,

How many fans will turn up from both teams?

should be a good pre season match.

Should give some indication of players & system the new management are considering.

Who woulda thunk it?  At least The Rangers managed to cough up compo for Clark.

If the money's overdue, then do what any other business would do - take them to court.

Is that the same club that ripped off about 150 companys ? Wouldn't know whether to expect compo from any of these teams.

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

So going by the OS, we have one of the best football pitches in the UK?

It's a fifth generation 3G surface which has the "grass" individually woven into the fabric. It's the only one in the UK like that and only the second one in Europe. The other is in Warsaw which the Chairman and Allan Johnston flew to see before we decided to go for that surface. It also has green rubber pellets for infill to improve the look of the park in comparison to every other one currently in use which has black rubber pellets. I believe we're also the first in the UK to do that, though that's only about aesthetics rather than any improvement in quality.

It's as "state of the art" as these things get at the moment, though as with every other technology development things are always being improved and no doubt there will be something new on the market next year that surpasses it.

Is that the same club that ripped off about 150 companys ? Wouldn't know whether to expect compo from any of these teams.

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Aye. I'm pretty sure the phrase 'pence in the pound' will be used at some point in the near-to-middle future... :thumbsdown

Given Johnston & Clark were under contract, I'd imagine Queens would have case more watertight than a duck's ringpiece when it comes to getting at least some sort of fee.

It's 3g - that's as high as current official accreditations go. Looks the business, however, and well done Queens in securing it. As you'll be aware a lot of 2nd Division clubs are really thriving with these artificial pitches. There was talk of Ayr looking at one and while I was never really that keen I think the financial benefials are too good to ignore.