The Queen of the South thread

Wouldn't take any of them to be honest. Even Russell who you all seem to rate so much.

It's not so much that we rate him so much, it's just at present he seems to be the most likely one to provide a spark, although I would say that Saturday was not his best performance...ironic then that he was not withdrawn.

Wouldn't take any of them to be honest. Even Russell who you all seem to rate so much.
Now , now, just cos you beat Morton doesn't make you world beaters . This could well still turn out to be a bad season for you. Now you at least know that the difference between our FT and your PT is approx 4 hours training a week.

If we have such a good team, how many Queens players, on current form, would make the starting line-up of any other teams in the league? Possibly Russell, and Holt, and Kevin D when fully fit. Player for player, every other team has someone better in that position than Queens have, so it is possible that the team is not as good as some people think, hence the current position.

On current form, none of them, obviously ... what a bizarre thing to say. Other than that, Durnan, Holt, McKenna, Burns, Paton, Carmichael and Russell would get a game for most sides.

The one thing AJ did, very, well was to put together a successful team. In many ways, it was greater than the sum of the parts. McIntyres team is currently less than

So who is the Queens fan on Mastermind on Friday?

It could be one of the geniuses who keep telling us we're in a harder league this season and can't expect to win every week.

If we have such a good team, how many Queens players, on current form, would make the starting line-up of any other teams in the league? Possibly Russell, and Holt, and Kevin D when fully fit. Player for player, every other team has someone better in that position than Queens have, so it is possible that the team is not as good as some people think, hence the current position.

Would take Russell in a heartbeat.

On current form, none of them, obviously ... what a bizarre thing to say. Other than that, Durnan, Holt, McKenna, Burns, Paton, Carmichael and Russell would get a game for most sides.

The one thing AJ did, very, well was to put together a successful team. In many ways, it was greater than the sum of the parts. McIntyres team is currently less than

Bizarre is it, so according to you, Mitchell, Higgins, Dowie, McGuffie, Young, McShane, Dzierzawski, Lyle, would not 'walk' into any other team which kind of emphasises my original point, have not seen too many people coming on here to suggest that they would like any Queens players, on the other hand, so many from other Championship teams could walk straight into our current line-up. You say of the list that you compiled that they would 'get a game for most sides', by that I take it you mean the teams in the bottom half of the table? Not really convinced that Hamilton, Falkirk, Raith or Dundee would look to strengthen their team with Queens players, especially as they had the chance to do so during the transfer window.

Bizarre is it, so according to you, Mitchell, Higgins, Dowie, McGuffie, Young, McShane, Dzierzawski, Lyle, would not 'walk' into any other team which kind of emphasises my original point, have not seen too many people coming on here to suggest that they would like any Queens players, on the other hand, so many from other Championship teams could walk straight into our current line-up. You say of the list that you compiled that they would 'get a game for most sides', by that I take it you mean the teams in the bottom half of the table? Not really convinced that Hamilton, Falkirk, Raith or Dundee would look to strengthen their team with Queens players, especially as they had the chance to do so during the transfer window.

The bizarre bit was, obviously, in relation to your "on current form" caveat.

So we have 8 players who wouldnt "walk" into any other team in the league. Dowie, I wouldnt start for us (and didnt start on Saturday), McGuffie I would consider a squad player, same with McShane and Dzierzawski, the latter has been in the country a few months and played half a dozen games. That leaves Young and Lyle.

What was your point again?

Dont know if any of you watch the weekly Championship highlights on You Tube but well worth a look. From the highlights at Central Park, Cowdenbeath absolutely ransacked Morton . Not joking , this was 5-1 going on 8 or 9. Take a peek !

Marc Fitzpatrick got torn a new one there

Marc Fitzpatrick got torn a new one there

So glad we didn't sign him, watched those highlights and it confirmed he is at best a league one left back. He actually didn't do much wrong in his spell here and I was worried we were going to sign him. Think he is one of those guys who you don't see involved in games much and therefore think he is decent. He is fucking hopeless. Edited by Broony88

So glad we didn't sign him, watched those highlights and it confirmed he is at best a league one left back. He actually didn't do much wrong in his spell here and I was worried we were going to sign him. Think he is one of those guys who you don't see involved in games much and therefore think he is decent. He is fucking hopeless.

He was a decent stand in but thats it . Served a purpose in the Challenge Cup final.

Dont know if any of you watch the weekly Championship highlights on You Tube but well worth a look. From the highlights at Central Park, Cowdenbeath absolutely ransacked Morton . Not joking , this was 5-1 going on 8 or 9. Take a peek !

Any chance of a link, I don't seem to be able to find this anywhere?