The Queen of the South thread

Reckon we should have given Dykes chance on bench as he seems our best goalscorer at that level. Might have made him want to stay more. Who has informed they are leaving?

Agreed, Dykes looks the part upfront for the 20's, he certainly seems far better than Salim yet it was the latter who joined the first team on apprenticeship terms and Dykes was left in the 20's squad. I suppose in football as in life it's who you know.

I am quite dissapointed that Kevin Dzierwawski has not had a decent chance here . I seen enough to suggest that he was good enough but for whatever reason, Queens were not prepared to give him a crack at it . Hope the boy does well wherever his next port of call is .

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

I am quite dissapointed that Kevin Dzierwawski has not had a decent chance here . I seen enough to suggest that he was good enough but for whatever reason, Queens were not prepared to give him a crack at it . Hope the boy does well wherever his next port of call is .

Seems to be fairly well thought of by some on here, if he does end up with us would have to fight for his place with us as well, as it should be. If it happens hopefully he takes his chance to prove himself worthy of a full time contract at Queens or somewhere.

Seems to be fairly well thought of by some on here, if he does end up with us would have to fight for his place with us as well, as it should be. If it happens hopefully he takes his chance to prove himself worthy of a full time contract at Queens or somewhere.

Yes, mate . A very good passer I thought but didn't get a run of games required to get up to speed in the same way others at QoS have and did. Hope he does well at the Bloo Toon if that's where he goes . Your comments on Millar were interesting . I know from you that he didn't make much impact at all in League 1. He obviously has to up his game to get back to where he was at Falkirk.

If he does indeed end up on loan with you I would be very surprised if you have any better footballers than him. I will also bet after a few games you will be wondering how you have managed to get him on loan & why he isn't involved at Queen's.

If he does indeed end up on loan with you I would be very surprised if you have any better footballers than him. I will also bet after a few games you will be wondering how you have managed to get him on loan & why he isn't involved at Queen's.

I can't imagine the league below will be any less frantic than this and IMO it's a slower tempo he requires as he can certainly pick a pass.

I can't imagine the league below will be any less frantic than this and IMO it's a slower tempo he requires as he can certainly pick a pass.

Personally I don't think that's the case as good player always seem to find time & space whatever the tempo, just don't think he was given the run of games he deserved.

usa confirmed as going to Peterhead on loan for rest of the season needs games so a good move for him

Hope he does well, a good run of games can only be beneficial for him & his match fitness

Edited by qos8

Personally I don't think that's the case as good player always seem to find time & space whatever the tempo, just don't think he was given the run of games he deserved.

Hope he does well, a good run of games can only be beneficial for him & his match fitness

He was given enough game time to show more than he has done. Bar the game at tynecastle and our win at Alloa last season he has disappointed every time he has appeared. Wish the guy all the best as it must be a really shitty situation to be in but he always seems to be smiling and hopefully his move to Scotland bears some fruit eventually.

He was given enough game time to show more than he has done. Bar the game at tynecastle and our win at Alloa last season he has disappointed every time he has appeared. Wish the guy all the best as it must be a really shitty situation to be in but he always seems to be smiling and hopefully his move to Scotland bears some fruit eventually.

He has started 2 games out of the last 24 so can't see how he has been given enough game time, though you say he was ok in one of those two games but disappointing every other time he has appeared ?

I agree with Broony he's been given ample chance to prove himself and hasn't taken the opportunity. Is qos8 Dzierzawski's version of Charlie?

See above, don't understand your Charlie quote but starting to understand with your replies to some of my posts that you are a bit of a prat

Edited by qos8

He has started 2 games out of the last 24 so can't see how he has been given enough game time, though you say he was ok in one of those two games but disappointing every other time he has appeared ?

See above, don't understand your Charlie quote but starting to understand with your replies to some of my posts that you are a bit of a prat

I think you could well be right qos8.

Edited by Charlie.

So giving a player 20 minutes in a lot of games isn't enough time to show something ? In the majority of those games he has constantly given the ball away and been run past by opposition players on numerous occasions. He isn't good enough for this level it's really simple. If you maybe stuck the amount of appearances he has made and then put the 2 good games over the top of that you would also come to this conclusion.

So giving a player 20 minutes in a lot of games isn't enough time to show something ? In the majority of those games he has constantly given the ball away and been run past by opposition players on numerous occasions. He isn't good enough for this level it's really simple. If you maybe stuck the amount of appearances he has made and then put the 2 good games over the top of that you would also come to this conclusion.

Of course the last 20 minutes or less in games isn't enough. Do you honestly think you can just come on as a sub & get up with the pace of the game straight away. Any player will tell you that you need a run of games to gain match fitness & then be judged. Don't know what games you have watched him in but I don't recall him constantly giving the ball away in the limited times he's been on. Do you think that Kidd deserved to play in front of him & when he did he done well ?

Edited by qos8

I'm going to stick up for Kev USA. He rarely got 20 mins when he came on as sub, apart from the Hearts game when he replaced Kerr at half-time and had a good game. He always came on in the last 5-10 mins when Kerr was tired. Thought he looked good and just needed a good run of time in first team like McShane got a couple of seasons ago. I remember people were quick to dismiss McShane when he first started to come through. I think the problem for Kev has been McIntyre leaving at the start of the season. Hope he does well at Peterhead.

Edited by The-coo-shed

I'm going to stick up for Kev USA. He rarely got 20 mins when he came on as sub, apart from the Hearts game when he replaced Kerr at half-time and had a good game. He always came on in the last 5-10 mins when Kerr was tired. Thought he looked good and just needed a good run of time in first team like McShane got a couple of seasons ago. I remember people were quick to dismiss McShane when he first started to come through. I think the problem for Kev has been McIntyre leaving at the start of the season. Hope he does well at Peterhead.

Obviously, he was McIntyres signing but you'd have to assume Fowler, of all people, would know whats required to play centre midfield.

I think Kevin probably has been a little unlucky not to get more game time. However, despite his obvious talents on the ball he's just not up to it defensively at this level. His positioning, awareness and tackling just arent good enough, unfortunately. Maybe if McKenna had been fit more he might have been able to play alongside him or maybe if he'd had a little more skill and creativity he could have played further forward.