The Queen of the South thread

I see from today's papers that Colin Nish is leaving Dumbarton on Monday .... could be a good signing and would offer a different type of option up front ... also interested in getting into management I believe ....

Colin Nish is pish but Jordan Morton is training with us

Colin Nish would be a horrific signing. I think I'd rather have Tam Brighton back.

Is Morton the boy who used to play for Cowden? Wide player?

We dont need a left sided player. We have beany and paton.

What we need is a out and out striker

I'm sure he played on the right side of midfield when he played against us. Might be wrong - Muzza will know which side he preferred to play on.

We do need a striker.

He offers depth which we are lacking and maybe gives us a bit of a spark of the bench and has played at the same level recently. It's a pretty low risk thing but he has a higher upside than Scotland. I'm happy to give him a shot if we sign him.

Colin Nish is a harrowing footballer and we should not even joke about these kind of things happening.

I could be wrong here what is going on with coaching staff at our club or lack off. When you look at the Hibs bench they had a team of coaches around Alan Stubbs who to be fair is still a junior coach himself just like Fowler, but he has got the experience in his back room staff which I think that Fowler really needs even if it is just to lean on when we are under the cosh and it will bring different ideas to the party ( just in case anyone disputes that Stubbs is a junior coach he has only managed everton under 21s before this is his first venture in to first team football) and to help out with the training at the start of the match, as fowler was out there seemed to be taking it there was one other guy there but not sure who he was.

Where was Jim Thompson on Saturday as people said he was there, but not in the dugout anyone shed some light?

I know it has been said a few times but McShane really needs to switch where he is putting his corners or let someone else have a chance, wee Danny has well In my opinion a decent cross on him holty has and so has beanie.

There seems to be no movement and options when we are taking throwings this really annoys me as its basic football for people to show for the throwings give the thrower a option.

Last gripe you'll be happy to here, I know we are getting some injured players back but we really need to get some fresh legs in as we have got rid of three players and brought one in even if it is some loan players but we need a stronger squad to give competition for places, as the strikers we have are guaranteed a game each week as they haven't got anyone knocking on the door to get in the starting line up.

At this moment I would be happily take mchugh again

I see from today's papers that Colin Nish is leaving Dumbarton on Monday .... could be a good signing and would offer a different type of option up front ... also interested in getting into management I believe ....

There's a reason; he's pish. Even the Dumbarton fans didn't like him. His days at this level are well and truly over and he would be an horrific signing for us.

Well sorry, but I did find McShane's set piece delivery very disappointing.

I can't tell if your being tongue-in-cheek due to the lack of smilies (although I imagine you are :P ) but I'm assuming Mr X. was talking about the unfair criticism directed towards SD by MacWatt.

Feel free to respond with "Never!!", "You don't say!!" or "Away!!" if you were in fact being sarcastic :lol:

Maybe we are looking at a left sided player to allow beany to move up top.

^^^ My thinking exactly.

At this moment I would be happily take mchugh again

He would be an out and out striker right enough, but I can't say I would be overwhelmed with him returning. Surely there must be someone out of favour in the SPL that we could have on loan.

I can't tell if your being tongue-in-cheek due to the lack of smilies (although I imagine you are :P ) but I'm assuming Mr X. was talking about the unfair criticism directed towards SD by MacWatt.

Feel free to respond with "Never!!", "You don't say!!" or "Away!!" if you were in fact being sarcastic :lol:

Never, You don't say and indeed Away.

Nah I was just making a daft wee joke to amuse myself because Mr X's warning came immediately after my tedious grumbling about yesterday's corners.

The dearth of smilies owes a little to an attempt at a deadpan kind of Jack Dee delivery, but more to the fact that on my Kindle, I can no longer post them for some reason.

This forum is not the place for personal attacks and any that cross the line will be removed

Have to agree and the use of c**t or a juvenile attempt at disguise as c@nt has no place in this forum.

Ghastly JRS leg peg. !

Bet you use the words whores, tart n fanny with your mates?

Never, You don't say and indeed Away. Nah I was just making a daft wee joke to amuse myself because Mr X's warning came immediately after my tedious grumbling about yesterday's corners. The dearth of smilies owes a little to an attempt at a deadpan kind of Jack Dee delivery, but more to the fact that on my Kindle, I can no longer post them for some reason.

:(:(:(

:lol:

Aye it's the same with me if I use my phone. I can't really use smilies. A couple work though*:-

: + ) = :)

: + ( = :(

; + ) = ;)

: + p = :P

: + D = :D

B + ) = B)

*Take away the + sign and put the colon and bracket right next to one another and they should come out. The only other one's you really need are the ninja looking one for, ironically, tongue-in-cheek remarks and the laugh out loud one. Sometimes they don't work though which is a bit annoying; the shades one being the worst, as proven above!

Edited by 19QOS19