The Queen of the South thread

Did David Hopkirk not play for you guys in the past? Not allot of Annan fans so how do you remember him?

Made a few appearances the start of our div 2 season. Showed promise but couldn't break in to the side. Seems to have done well at Annan, think he will be a decent signing for you lot.

Made a few appearances the start of our div 2 season. Showed promise but couldn't break in to the side. Seems to have done well at Annan, think he will be a decent signing for you lot.

I thought he had decent ability but really tough to break into a side who were winning pretty much week in week out. Don`t think he ever started and only scored one goal coming on as sub in a 5-1 win at Forfar. Scored a few on loan at Annan and then ultimately became their player. Decent record for them I think.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Moving on slightly from all the doom and gloom a wee bird tells me that the much maligned Queens commercial department is lining up a major gig to take place at Palmerston in June.

Excellent work Mrs T

It is either Big Time Louie or MC Grubble And The Club Foots.

Moving on slightly from all the doom and gloom a wee bird tells me that the much maligned Queens commercial department is lining up a major gig to take place at Palmerston in June.

Excellent work Mrs T

To be fair it really is just one obsessive that constantly slags it.

Excellent work Mrs T

Looks like One of uk's most successful bands with over 100 singles Status quo could be the first to hold a concert at Palmerston.

Beginning to look like no more signings in the window, hope I`m wrong.

That being the case it has been a disastrous January for us.

The bizarre events around Baird and Kerr leaving mean we are weaker than we were and our main rivals for 4th are stronger.

Might be that Burns McKenna, Paton etc coming back will improve things but really feel we need some fresh blood.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Beginning to look like no more signings in the window, hope I`m wrong.

That being the case it has been a disastrous January for us.

The bizarre events around Baird and Kerr leaving mean we are weaker than we were and our main rivals for 4th are stronger.

Might be that Burns McKenna, Paton etc coming back will improve things but really feel we need some fresh blood.

Totally agree we have definitely came off january far worst than most. Surely we have the funds to replace Baird as I could almost guarantee he would have been one of the top earners. It is frustrating that potential good replacements have been snapped up due to our dilly dallying. Don't think McKenna is the answer tbh. Never really rated him and believe him to be one of those players people think are effective but in reality he is very average

Totally agree we have definitely came off january far worst than most. Surely we have the funds to replace Baird as I could almost guarantee he would have been one of the top earners. It is frustrating that potential good replacements have been snapped up due to our dilly dallying. Don't think McKenna is the answer tbh. Never really rated him and believe him to be one of those players people think are effective but in reality he is very average

Still time, Fowlers still looking at bringing more to the squad.

Fully fit McKenna would be an asset.

Hope you are right Supersouth, time will tell.

Looks like it will pan out with the biggest clubs at the top....hibs have double our support we have double yours looks like its going to end up with the biggest clubs in

The playoffs

Right but my father is hard as f##k!

Looks like it will pan out with the biggest clubs at the top....hibs have double our support we have double yours looks like its going to end up with the biggest clubs in

The playoffs

I`ll bite.

You may well be correct. The same logic would suggest Rangers as champions which doesn`t look likely.

So listening to the managers radio interview he now doesn't want to lose McShane and is looking to hold onto him although offers have been made. A couple of weeks ago he said the club wouldn't stand in the way of any of the youngsters if they were looking to progress. Is this not a little bit of a contradiction?

So listening to the managers radio interview he now doesn't want to lose McShane and is looking to hold onto him although offers have been made. A couple of weeks ago he said the club wouldn't stand in the way of any of the youngsters if they were looking to progress. Is this not a little bit of a contradiction?

I don`t think it is.

I would hope he meant let`s not just accept any offer. Presumably we won`t stand in the way if the offer met our valuation of a player still under contract.

yes but by your logic on crowd size the dark side should finish ahead of the maroon side.

yes but by your logic on crowd size the dark side should finish ahead of the maroon side.

I was taking the drivelling sevco mess out of the equation as they need to be.. I was basing the rest on well run teams...comprede?

OK.

Sadly they are still in the equation.

Don`t disagree with your sentiment though.

In all seriousness I think it will go to the wire with us both like it did last season.....lets be honest that was one of the tightest playoffs ever & only a last minute goal separated us...think we will be as close this season...if millar gets his head right he is the best centre mid in this division bar none ...I include gomis & bauben in this.....seriously he is brilliant