The Queen of the South thread

Oh come on Supersouth. You really think such an interview "spice up" would attract significant extra audience to West Sound.

Really?

Spice up , embellish, exaggerate , under estimate a mistake or whatever you want to call it DD, this is 100% true . Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Spice up , embellish, exaggerate or whatever you want to call it DD, this is true .

I`m not saying it`s not true I can`t possibly know that.

Just don`t get why it would happen and I just can`t buy that it could somehow be seen as a method of boosting audience for West Sound.

No reason to doubt you JR. It just seems totally bizarre to me.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

I found the story about James Fowler supposedly saying that " our aim is to avoid relegation" rather a strange thing to say from a man who`s team has been sitting pretty all season . With this in mind , I decided to do a little digging myself . Turns out - surprise, surprise- that Fowler DID NOT say this at all. Rather the person or person`s at West Sound involved in interviewing him - who as non football people did not understand the dissapointment/bewilderment that such a statement would make - decided to spice up the story a tad by saying his aim was to avoid the trapdoor. Before anyone goes raging at our local radio station, they have been very apologetic that such a statement provoked consternation amongst Qos fans and as I said , as non football people they didnt really `get` the uproar this would provoke . It was unprofessional but I believe no malice was meant . Some are willing to believe second hand off people that things said are legit and maybe its time Fowler was given the benefit of the doubt. Remember, he is only 34 and learning a really tough trade in amongst far more experienced managers and against bigger teams than Qos. Again, I looked at the league table and we /he seems to be more than holding his own . -------Keep the Faith !

I'm not surprised to be honest. I'm also not surprised that a few on here were very quick to jump on Fowler with absolutely no evidence that he had actually said what he was alleged to have said.

I`m not saying it`s not true I can`t possibly know that.

Just don`t get why it would happen and I just can`t buy that it could somehow be seen as a method of boosting audience for West Sound.

No reason to doubt you JR. It just seems totally bizarre to me.

Certainly not saying they done it to boost their audience . Basically, they just boobed , making the story a bit more interesting and have apologised to the club. Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Yes. That reply was in response to Supersouth`s post.

Bizarre all round though hopefully resolved albeit bit of a non-story from the outset from my point of view.

A bit of a non story to you my friend but Fowler has been getting stick on P+B and QoS Mad from some for a lack of ambition quote that he didn't even say . Anyway, glad to clear it up . Bring on the Saints .

Friends don't let friends listen to West Sound.

The mass exodus hasn't happened as some feared despite the craziest Scottish deadline day in a long time. Playing kids in quite frankly a nothing season isn't the worst thing in the world.