The Queen of the South thread

Given the amount of rebuilding and gelling that has to take place, I would take 7th or above, for next season.

I would imagine Rangers will win it. & Hibs, Falkirk and St Mirren will fill the play- off spots.

Given the amount of rebuilding and gelling that has to take place, I would take 7th or above, for next season.

I would imagine Rangers will win it. & Hibs, Falkirk and St Mirren will fill the play- off spots.

We're not really doing any more rebuilding than the rest of the league, apart from Falkirk and Hibs, possibly Raith. Not only that but Raith, Dumbarton and St Mirren all have new managers.

Stegs was here long before gus. Quick guess would be arrived in 2010 under brannigan.

Eta 09 under Chisholm according to wiki.

He was here before Gus, but he was all ready to sign for Moore at Morton before Gus came in a quickly re-signed him for us. That's the one thing I'm forever grateful to McPherson for. McKenna has been my favourite QoS player for a while now. Will be gutted to see him go.

If we can sign two decent strikers which is easier said than done, plus a midfielder and defender, and keep everyone else we will have a decent chance of top four, rumour has it that english sides are looking at Botti.

Who's he?

Was looking at the murals today for the first time, I was really happy they had not been defaced. However what a sorry sight it was to see all those weeds growing up the wall, there were several people viewing too. Is this not something the ground team can look at?

Guest Flash

Kerr replaced by Millar.

Baird => A Smith

Dzierzawski => Pickard

Mitchell => Hooper

Clark =>Thomson

Paton => Conroy

Carmichael =>Skelton

Holt => ??

McShane => ??

Reilly => ??

Durnan =>??

McKenna =>??

Slattery =>??

It is possible to compare the players with the ones they have replaced so far, but the key ones have yet to be replaced, apart from if we assume Skelton is in for Carmichael. If all 5 of the key players we have lost have signed for teams who finished higher than us they are going to be difficult to replace with similar quality. Only after we have filled in the blanks above will we have any idea of where we might finish.

Stegs was here long before gus. Quick guess would be arrived in 2010 under brannigan.

Eta 09 under Chisholm according to wiki.

Not doubting that he was here before Gus, if memory serves me right he was out of contract when McPherson came in and was rumoured to be going to Morton but McPherson offered him a contract which is why I said he was re-signed by McPherson. I think he was Gus's first signing.

Not doubting that he was here before Gus, if memory serves me right he was out of contract when McPherson came in and was rumoured to be going to Morton but McPherson offered him a contract which is why I said he was re-signed by McPherson. I think he was Gus's first signing.

McKenna had verbally agreed to join Morton after the whole squad other than Craig Reid went out of contract at the end of the Brannigan season. However he was indeed Gus MacPherson's first signing when did an about turn and agreed to stay. MacPherson also later persuaded Allan Johnston and Ryan McGuffie to stay too.

We're not really doing any more rebuilding than the rest of the league, apart from Falkirk and Hibs, possibly Raith. Not only that but Raith, Dumbarton and St Mirren all have new managers.

We've lost half a team and the better half at that. We've still got the older ones; we've got some relatively untried younger ones; it's the Palmy equivalent of Haymarket when the tram works were at their worst.

Will try to be positive.....things can only get better.....still think it will take time for it to come together though.

We've lost half a team and the better half at that. We've still got the older ones; we've got some relatively untried younger ones; it's the Palmy equivalent of Haymarket when the tram works were at their worst.

Will try to be positive.....things can only get better.....still think it will take time for it to come together though.

But so has most of the rest of the division, Falkirk and Hibs apart. Raith have lost a few and brought a few in, although their fans dont seem particularly excited by the signings so far. They have a new manager and will be relying on a young, albeit talented, striker to reproduce his late season form consistently.

We've got work to do, undoubtedly, but there will be no more upheaval at Palmerston than there will be at 7 other clubs, significantly less so than, at least, two who will be building completely new teams - one of those with a new manager and the other who has been in the job less time than Fowler.

Season ticket prices frozen again, no inspirational signings, you would have thought those two things would go hand in hand. Hard working background team, but not an ounce of common sense PR between them.

Still time season tickets are not on sale yet! Edited by SUPERSOUTH