The Queen of the South thread

Happy with the signings. Obviously Marshall is an unknown but fowler seems excited about the signing.

Still think we're short on the right hand side, I'd like like a creative player in middle of park as well. But squads coming along nicely all the same.

Is Jacobs not a striker I thought he was?

Kyle Jacobs is a defensive midfielder. His brother, Keeghan, is an attacking midfielder/striker.

Happy with the signings. Obviously Marshall is an unknown but fowler seems excited about the signing.

Still think we're short on the right hand side, I'd like like a creative player in middle of park as well. But squads coming along nicely all the same.

I would think that is us done for signings. Hilson is the Carmichael replacement as he can apparently play wide as well. We already have the creativity in the middle of the park with Millar.

Paton alright then?

How did he do in your title winning season?

Didn't sign until about half way to 2 3rds of the way through the season, but his talent showed. He was particularly great the night we won the league at Forfar, scoring 2 of our 6 against Brechin and generally being a menace for their defence.

Didn't sign until about half way to 2 3rds of the way through the season, but his talent showed. He was particularly great the night we won the league at Forfar, scoring 2 of our 6 against Brechin and generally being a menace for their defence.

Just add to that, Paton played on the left and kept cutting in. Two great goals that night.

Kyle Jacobs is a defensive midfielder. His brother, Keeghan, is an attacking midfielder/striker.

I would think that is us done for signings. Hilson is the Carmichael replacement as he can apparently play wide as well. We already have the creativity in the middle of the park with Millar.

Possibly as he has made all these acquisitions before the sqaud travel to spain. Would still like another right sided player in but thats just me,im happy to trust fowler.

Possibly as he has made all these acquisitions before the sqaud travel to spain. Would still like another right sided player in but thats just me,im happy to trust fowler.

I agree, it's the one position I think we are still short. However, I'm not sure it's a position we will actually utilise all that often. As I see it the squad now lines up:

Thomson

Brownlie Dowie Higgins

Kidd Jacobs Millar Rutherford/Marshall

Hilson

Lyle Higgins

If we do play with a right midfielder then either Hilson or Kidd could fill the role.

Team looks alright to be fair, but he fluctuated between 4-4-2 and 3-5-2 last season. So I still think we're lacking down the right hand Unless Hilson is going to be playing there then I think we need a striker. Really all depends on what fowler see's us playing.

Edited by NM_1919

Yes, league was realistically already won when Paton signed for us but he effectively replaced the injured Gibson for the run in and did a great job particularly as others have said in the title clinching win over Brechin when he terrorised them down the left. Also did well in the Challenge Cup Final win against Thistle.

Last couple of seasons have seen him in and out a bit with injury and he seemed to have lost a little pace latterly but fully fit with a good pre-season he may find that again. When he is fit though he can be very good at this level. He had a great game in the 1-1 draw at Ibrox in March. He should be a stand out at League One level.

Thank you to all those that have renewed their Queens Trust memberships and to the growing number of new members!

For those not joined - please join! Memberships for 2015/16 are only £10 if working and £5 for all concessions. Help support us as we do our best to help support the team and promote the club within the community.

It could not be easier to join. For more info please visit our website:

http://queenstrust.org/

Edited by JTulip

Guest TOPFITTER

Think we are covered now on wings. Beany / Conroy on left and Kidd / Skelton on right

Actually choked on my coffee there, Skelton = Right Winger,,,, If Carlsberg did wishful thinking!!!!!! LOL

I agree, it's the one position I think we are still short. However, I'm not sure it's a position we will actually utilise all that often. As I see it the squad now lines up:

Thomson

Brownlie Dowie Higgins

Kidd Jacobs Millar Rutherford/Marshall

Hilson

Lyle Higgins

If we do play with a right midfielder then either Hilson or Kidd could fill the role.

Conroy ?