The Queen of the South thread

Half our new signings seem to be injured, how long for? Hilson higgins tapping? Fowler hopefully sign a decent striker tommorrow as relying on the heff while lyle is out is slightly worrying.

Half our new signings seem to be injured, how long for? Hilson higgins tapping? Fowler hopefully sign a decent striker tommorrow as relying on the heff while lyle is out is slightly worrying.

Yes could do with fully fit squad last season was bad enough

I'd rather we play Smith on Saturday than bring in someone else. He needs game time. Looks a bit like Gav 3 years ago -raw and inexperience but he can learn by playing. If we bring in someone else he ends up further down the line and more unlikely to play and gain experience

Who said Higgins was injured?

Queens need to get a proven goalscorer in prob on loan before the weekend.

Might be easier to just pop to the nearest proven goalscorer tree

Who said Higgins was injured?

Might be easier to just pop to the nearest proven goalscorer tree

Thought he was , my bad. If he was brought in from motherwell u20s surely he hasnt been brought in to play in our u20s has he? Would like to see him get a run out.

I have watched our football for a long time as I am sure you have also. These decisions have - in the main- benefited rangers through the years / decades and nothing much will change . We just have to accept , no matter how harsh the decision, and move on.It will be some other opponent next time.

In the past they have, I dont think there has been any decisions like the SPL days, their not famous anymore...

Can I ask was there any contentious decisions last season in the 6 games between yourself and Rangers ?

For the record there was none in our four games, whereas the SPL days there was probably at least one or more a season

We have had Vaulks booked three times this season for timewasting, one perhaps harsh but by the rules if you kick the ball away, you risk the booking, similar to Lyle, if you put your head forwards with intent like he did even without contact, you risk the red card. The same situation in any other game versus anyone else in the league would have seen the same punishment, yep the Rangers player shouldve been yellow carded but if Lyle didnt move his forward head movement after the initial head to head and neither player was booked, would there be an outcry for a booking ?

Edited by MrDust

In the past they have, I dont think there has been any decisions like the SPL days, their not famous anymore...

Can I ask was there any contentious decisions last season in the 6 games between yourself and Rangers ?

For the record there was none in our four games, whereas the SPL days there was probably at least one or more a season

We have had Vaulks booked three times this season for timewasting, one perhaps harsh but by the rules if you kick the ball away, you risk the booking, similar to Lyle, if you put your head forwards with intent like he did even without contact, you risk the red card. The same situation in any other game versus anyone else in the league would have seen the same punishment, yep the Rangers player shouldve been yellow carded but if Lyle didnt move his forward head movement after the initial head to head and neither player was booked, would there be an outcry for a booking ?

Their play off goal at Palmerston came from a free kick awarded to them that was actually a foul on our defender. Was a brilliant strike from direct free kick though by left back who's name escapes me at this moment . Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Their play off goal at Palmerston came from a free kick awarded to them that was actually a foul on our defender. Was a brilliant strike from direct free kick though by left back who's name escapes me at this moment .

A free kick 25 yard away where in the same match a QOS goal which couldve been ruled out for a Queens player taking out two players giving the Queens player a free header..... I know which one Id rather have

Please please please fowler and hewitson get Marshall signed on a longer deal. What a player.

For 18 year old I am gobsmacked at the ease he coped yesterday. When everyone else was losing the plot around him he kept away from it and stuck to his task. Had Miller and Tavernier down his side fairly quiet in the first half and second half can't really read too much into after Lyles stupidity.

Saw Hilson strolling about in one of those moon boots to quicken recovery time so looks like we won't be seeing him for a few weeks at best. Any news on Tapping ?

Tend to agree. When I saw Marshall against Kilmarnock I thought he looked horribly out his depth. Since that game he's came on leaps and bounds (5/6 games ago?!) and our last couple of games he's looked the only one interested IMO. He should certainly develop into a good player. If he continues in this way I hope come December he's offered and extra couple of years.

Has been sitting in mainstand with the other crocks last few weeks, the need for another striker has become evident now, we cant rely on young Smith although think it may be time to give him a start or the oldies Heffernan & Lyle.

The thought of Heffernan starting the next game is worrying. Hopefullly MAC or a young spl loanee like Eamann Brophy or Chris Kane is signed by then

It's about time Smith is given a run out IMO. With Hilson out he's surely the obvious replacement. I'd far rather he play than Heffernan, although I'm guessing Heffernan has to start on Saturday now :( I really don't see what the point in loaning a young SPL would be. We've one of our own chapping at the bit. The boy has looked sharp when he's come on and has shown he knows where the net is. We need to give him game time and get him developed. 18 year old isn't 'too young' for teams like QoS. We don't have the luxury of being able to give players 2/3 years to develop in the reserves. The only way Smith will improve is with regular game time in the first team.

Quote of the day from a punter on the Palmerston terrace

" Rangers bring on a boy from Spurs & we bring on a boy from Sandside " :)

Probably the reason The Rangers are a financial mess whereas we're a pretty stable club.

Edited by 19QOS19

Closet Rangers fan!

Let me give you a little background Miss Marple

Falkirk season ticket holder for just under 30yr, I also went to games pre that.

I also had a bet pre season last year with a rangers fan erse that they wouldn't win the league, funnily enuf as all Rangersy it hasn't been paid up, I also took offence of this person's comments on the week of the cup final of not long till Inverness win the cup, I replied with 24hrs later and Motherwell retain spl status, a running battle continued with them deleting and deleting my comments which made them look, well I would say human.

To keep parity, I have same mode for celtic, Slagging their recent failures and boredom mode with season ticket holders I know, tho two of them have stopped going, I still have one and a frequent visitor to paint my thots to. I also for years stated a bomb going off at an old firm cup final would be good for Scottish football but I've calmed down over the years as both clubs give me plenty to point and laugh at.

I also watched some of the Celtic game live on a stream on Saturday, messaged the Celtic season ticket holder, am watching so I can see what you will moan about when we meet up later. So am I a closet Celtic fan now ?

If you haven't worked it out yet... I dislike both the Glasgow teams equally, tho will give praise when due, thankfully hasn't been often recently, I find it better that way

Edited by MrDust

Let me give you a little background Miss Marple

Falkirk season ticket holder for just under 30yr, I also went to games pre that.

I also had a bet pre season last year with a rangers fan erse that they wouldn't win the league, funnily enuf as all Rangersy it hasn't been paid up, I also took offence of this person's comments on the week of the cup final of not long till Inverness win the cup, I replied with 24hrs later and Motherwell retain spl status, a running battle continued with them deleting and deleting my comments which made them look, well I would say human.

To keep parity, I have same mode for celtic, Slagging their recent failures and boredom mode with season ticket holders I know, tho two of them have stopped going, I still have one and a frequent visitor to paint my thots to. I also for years stated a bomb going off at an old firm cup final would be good for Scottish football but I've calmed down over the years as both clubs give me plenty to point and laugh at.

I also watched some of the Celtic game live on a stream on Saturday, messaged the Celtic season ticket holder, am watching so I can see what you will moan about when we meet up later. So am I a closet Celtic fan now ?

If you haven't worked it out yet... I dislike both the Glasgow teams equally, tho will give praise when due, thankfully hasn't been often recently, I find it better that way

yNQirIJ.gif