The Queen of the South thread

Ex qos player & youth coach Wullie Gibson released from Sons contract hope this isn't linked to his sons ill health ifso really hope he gets better soon, best wishes to both.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

James Fowler has wanted Wullie Gibson the last two transfer windows so wouldn't be to surprised or disappointed if he ended back playing at palmerston, the pay packet was the main reason he never signed tho.

Have Heard he would like a return to Queens, hopefully this time a more level headed experienced player.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Andy Ryan's been on trial with us the last few weeks after his release from Hamilton and scored a beauty for us at Clyde the other week -

- I'd love him to stay at us for the remainder of the season but should a full time team like yourselves offer him a deal i wouldn't blame him.

Wullie has seriously flattered to deceive with us and I get the impression he's been unhappy with his deserved place on our bench.

His son is pretty seriously ill at the minute so I'm hoping this is a footballing issue and not related to that.

I'd be very surprised if he ended up at Queens, he's not really done much for us at all.

Did he not start season well? Can mind some of your fans saying that?!

Done well in pre season and done well the first couple of games but other than a 10 minute spell against Raith he's been anonymous.

I've been really disappointed in him, especially considering he's apparently on a pretty handsome wage. I have no doubt that we can replace him with better options.

He's went from tweets about Dumbarton to numerous tweets about Stranraer every weekend so I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see him end up there.

Based on his performances with us I'd find it slightly strange if Queens took a punt. Looks out his depth at this level unfortunately.

Not for me either.

Nothing against the guy and by all accounts he did well for Stranraer, but that was in League One.

I don't think he would be a regular starter for us and to be be fair to him, he will probably be wanting that at this stage of his career.

Wullie has seriously flattered to deceive with us and I get the impression he's been unhappy with his deserved place on our bench.

His son is pretty seriously ill at the minute so I'm hoping this is a footballing issue and not related to that.

I'd be very surprised if he ended up at Queens, he's not really done much for us at all.

I think "flatters to deceive" should be on his family crest. Story of his career.

We already have enough inconsistent players. So thanks but no thanks.