The Queen of the South thread

What the hell is Fowler blabbering on about in his comments on the OS? "We've let ourselves down against the teams below us in the league."

We have taken 25 points from 12 games against the teams below us in the league. Whereas we have taken 3 points from 8 games against the teams above us and not won any of them.

The points dropped to the teams below us have been 5 to Morton, 3 to St.Mirren and 3 to Livingston. And as Morton are one place below us, it isn't like that is a big surprise. We have won all of the other 8 games against the teams below us.

The impression you get from his comments is that we have done ok against the better teams but have dropped a lot of points against the lower ranked teams, when it is actually the reverse.

The only sense I can make of it is that his plan was to win every single game against the teams below us and pick up the (very) odd point from the teams above us. Therefore, because we haven't won all 12 games against the teams below us, we have "let ourselves down".

What the hell is Fowler blabbering on about in his comments on the OS? "We've let ourselves down against the teams below us in the league."

We have taken 25 points from 12 games against the teams below us in the league. Whereas we have taken 3 points from 8 games against the teams above us and not won any of them.

The points dropped to the teams below us have been 5 to Morton, 3 to St.Mirren and 3 to Livingston. And as Morton are one place below us, it isn't like that is a big surprise. We have won all of the other 8 games against the teams below us.

The impression you get from his comments is that we have done ok against the better teams but have dropped a lot of points against the lower ranked teams, when it is actually the reverse.

The only sense I can make of it is that his plan was to win every single game against the teams below us and pick up the (very) odd point from the teams above us. Therefore, because we haven't won all 12 games against the teams below us, we have "let ourselves down".

Those comments are indeed ridiculous.

They don't begin to reflect the reality of how our season is panning out, so there are only really two possible explanations for them:

a) As you suggest, he's absolutely written off the games against almost half of our opponents, but expects victory each time against the others

OR

b) He just talks a lot of rubbish that he gives very little analytical thought to and that doesn't bear any scrutiny at all.

I honestly can't decide which explanation would annoy and concern me more.

I have to say those comments confused me as well!

His weekly roundup is obviously an attempt to appease the "another PR disaster from the club/the club tell us nothing" types, but to be honest I don't think it adds an awful lot. It's just rehashed comments on how good the players are/have looked in training followed by a comment on how disappointed he is that this hasn't shown in the games. It is then usually concluded with a comment about how good an opponent the forthcoming opponent is, and a throwaway line about us standing a chance if we play to our strengths and find consistency.

I don't listen to every podcast but I think in general he speaks well, these pieces don't help that image.

Edited by palmy_cammy

According to standard we missed out on david clarkson.

Interested in Sutton but no contact made with St Johnstone

Am i missing something here thats what telephones were invented for

Maybe St Johnstone's WhatsApp is out of signal :ph34r:

I can't say I'd be disappointed if we didn't in all honesty. Pessimistically/realistically we won't come close to promotion this season even if we do make the play-offs. I'd rather we saved our pennies for next season and build from there. I'd be far happier giving players like Smith, Pickard and Hooper game time for the rest of the season rather than bringing in a couple of loan players and shunting our younger players to the side.

Edited by 19QOS19