The Queen of the South thread

I was up at the Ravenscraig sports centre yesterday (what an impressive facility by the way) and noticed a sign at the entrance that two of the changing rooms were allocated to Queen of the South. What was that all about? One of the youth teams have a game there?

I was up at the Ravenscraig sports centre yesterday (what an impressive facility by the way) and noticed a sign at the entrance that two of the changing rooms were allocated to Queen of the South. What was that all about? One of the youth teams have a game there?

Generally with Club Academy Scotland the u11s and u12s (7 a side) play on a Saturday, and the u13, u14, u15 and u16/17 sides play on a Sunday. I don't know what age groups we currently have, but if we have an u11s or u12s side then I would guess it would be them. I'm not sure if club academy has restarted after the winter break yet though, so could have been a friendly.

We dont have u11 or u12 sides. We have 13s, 15s and 17s. Squads are all on the OS. They all have friendlies today (Sunday). Not sure where though at least one is at home. Nobody from QoS was using Ravenscraig yesterday.

The first team did train there at the beginning of last week as Broadwood was snow covered. Maybe nobody had booked dressing rooms since.

Scottish youth cup what age limit is it for? Are we likely to see Kidd, Pickard, Smith and the other young 1st team squad play including Rutherford who's out on loan v Hearts?

Where and when is this game getting played?

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Scottish youth cup what age limit is it for? Are we likely to see Kidd, Pickard, Smith and the other young 1st team squad play including Rutherford who's out on loan v Hearts?

Where and when is this game getting played?

It's for u20's only. No overage players. Kidd is too old, as are Atkinson & Hooper. Pickard, Moxon, Brotherston and Smith are eligible, as is Marshall though there's no chance of him turning out in it I'd think. Rutherford is technically eligible and played in the last round but I doubt he'll be called back for it. He's not allowed to play two games in 48 hours on a development loan so if he was required for it he'd have to be pulled out of Arbroath's squad next weekend.

In normal circumstances I'd expect Pickard, Moxon, Brotherston & Smith to play (Moxon and Brotherston were going to play for the 20's in the Southern Counties yesterday but their game was called off anyway). The game is next Sunday (31st January) at Tynecastle, 1pm kick off (info is on the Youth cup thread in the Cup Section of this site). However, after yesterday's performance I'd be surprised if Jake was left out against Raith next weekend and if he starts Saturday he's pretty unlikely to play Sunday too.

Ladies day seems to have been a great success but don't think good idea to put a picture on official website with someone holding aloft a glass possibly of wine and having a wee drink in other photo in mainstand! Rules are rules or are the women exempt! Maybe the person is non the wiser of the rules, but am sure someone could have told her.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Ladies day seems to have been a great success but don't think good idea to put a picture on official website with someone holding aloft a glass probably of wine in mainstand! Rules are rules or are the women exempt!

If that had been one of our younger supporters they'd be arrested , charged and than banned for a year by the club .

I wonder if the club will act accordingly ?

Ladies day seems to have been a great success but don't think good idea to put a picture on official website with someone holding aloft a glass possibly of wine and having a wee drink in other photo in mainstand! Rules are rules or are the women exempt! Maybe the person is non the wiser of the rules, but am sure someone could have told her.

glad it has been removed quickly. Or Maybe I was just seeing things. Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Any transfer news? I see Raith were in fir John Sutton but couldn't get him on loan due to league rules, does that rule out the rumours of Queen's signing him also?

Raith cant sign him as they already have an over 21 year old on loan (Longridge). We dont so we could. Which doesnt mean there is any truth in the suggestion we were / are interested.

Edited by Skyline Drifter