The Queen of the South thread

I reckon Craig Reid is a stick on to sign for us. James Fowler has stated he would ideally like to add in another cb and with him also being able to play at rb and having previously had a good spell at our club he is very likely to be targeted. This would allow young Hooper to go out on loan and gain some valuable game time as hes at an age where he needs to be playing 1st team competitive football.

I'd definately go for him if I was Fowler. Had a good spell at Morton and lost his way a bit stepping up to Motherwell and he was recently on loan at St Mirren. Should fit back into the club straight away and will also know a few good players from his previous spell at Palmerston. Reid was at Celtic as a youth before going out on loan to Stirling Albion.

I reckon Craig Reid is a stick on to sign for us. James Fowler has stated he would ideally like to add in another cb and with him also being able to play at rb and having previously had a good spell at our club he is very likely to be targeted. This would allow young Hooper to go out on loan and gain some valuable game time as hes at an age where he needs to be playing 1st team competitive football.

When I saw he had got his release from Motherwell last night I hoped palmerston would be his next stop.

I'd definately go for him if I was Fowler. Had a good spell at Morton and lost his way a bit stepping up to Motherwell and he was recently on loan at St Mirren. Should fit back into the club straight away and will also know a few good players from his previous spell at Palmerston. Reid was at Celtic as a youth before going out on loan to Stirling Albion.

He was out injured at Motherwell for over 6 months rather than having "lost his way". He wasn't long back in full training before the St Mirren loan. I don't think he'll know many of the players from his previous spell either? He had a season with Chris Higgins as a team mate and I think he overlapped with Jim Atkinson when he first made the bench as a 16 year old for half a season. That'll be it I think. Not that knowing players really matters. I'd have thought it more likely he's headed for Paisley again than us. Good player though.

He was out injured at Motherwell for over 6 months rather than having "lost his way". He wasn't long back in full training before the St Mirren loan. I don't think he'll know many of the players from his previous spell either? He had a season with Chris Higgins as a team mate and I think he overlapped with Jim Atkinson when he first made the bench as a 16 year old for half a season. That'll be it I think. Not that knowing players really matters. I'd have thought it more likely he's headed for Paisley again than us. Good player though.

Forgot it was that long since he left Dumfries, right enough. He was doing alright at Well tbh, perhaps seen red a few times but didn't realise he'd been injured so long. Let's hope he arrives in Dumfries again.

When I saw he had got his release from Motherwell last night I hoped palmerston would be his next stop.

No surprise Signed for Dunfermline! Magic assembling a good squad for championship next year maybe time we started to extend contracts of a few before we get left behind.

No surprise Signed for Dunfermline! Magic assembling a good squad for championship next year maybe time we started to extend contracts of a few before we get left behind.

Just read that he's signed for The Pars. Oh well, maybe see him at Palmerston in the away dressing room instead next season.... Edited by RUSTY1111

Just read that he's signed for The Pars. Oh well, maybe see him at Palmerston in the away dressing room instead next season....

Unlikely, Pars in freefall

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Seems he's reasonably highly rated, how is he at right back?

It's a long time since he was at Queens but when he was here he was pretty poor at right back, far better at centre half.

He was fine defensively, but a fish out of water in an attacking sense, with a hopeless final ball. Pretty much the complete opposite of most full-backs these days.

They lost 1-0 at home to Airdrieonians last Friday but are they not 7 points clear at the top, albeit Ayr United have a game in hand.

Aye, first game we've lost in 15.

Top with a massive GD aswell, think Derek wasn't being entirely serious tbh.

Aye, first game we've lost in 15.

Top with a massive GD aswell, think Derek wasn't being entirely serious tbh.

Not entirely no, but 4 without a win and 3 without a goal isn't great form IMO

Anybody take any of the free agents kicking about Higdon probably well out of our wage bracket, was also surprised that Liam caddis was released as I always thought he was supposed to have a lot of potential.

Not entirely no, but 4 without a win and 3 without a goal isn't great form IMO

2 of those games being against a Ross County side that just shagged Celtic makes the statistics seem a bit better.

The only truly disappointing result was against Airdrie. Which admittedly was honking.

2 of those games being against a Ross County side that just shagged Celtic makes the statistics seem a bit better.

The only truly disappointing result was against Airdrie. Which admittedly was honking.

Indeed and from what I saw in the highlights Pars were pretty unlucky not to beat County.

They did look dreadful against Airdrie on an awful night weather wise.