The Queen of the South thread

The only thing that's giving me hope is that this is exactly how I felt when Ching signed. And look how he turned out  :wub:

But aye, I'm expecting the usual "Good luck with that" responses. 

At least Nade never really needed to be particularly quick, Heffernan as poacher has looked finished for the last 4 years or so; the brain is there but the body is knackered. Would be interesting to see the slowest strike force of all time if they play together.

The only thing that's giving me hope is that this is exactly how I felt when Ching signed. And look how he turned out :wub:

But aye, I'm expecting the usual "Good luck with that" responses.

At least Ching had some strengths. Good in the air, strong etc.

I'm genuinely struggling to think of a singular time I've watched Heffernan and thought he looked even half decent or he had a feature of his game that stood out. Seriously unimpressed unless one of our Queens friends can provide me with some positives.

At least Nade never really needed to be particularly quick, Heffernan as poacher has looked finished for the last 4 years or so; the brain is there but the body is knackered. Would be interesting to see the slowest strike force of all time if they play together.

Whilst Nade isn't the quickest at all, it would surprise how fast the big man is over a short distance :lol:

Yas. We love a paceless striker.

At least Ching had some strengths. Good in the air, strong etc.

I'm genuinely struggling to think of a singular time I've watched Heffernan and thought he looked even half decent or he had a feature of his game that stood out. Seriously unimpressed unless one of our Queens friends can provide me with some positives.

True, but Morton fans were us all how he was too slow, disruptive, finished etc. Not that Morton fans are ever to be belived.

Whilst Nade isn't the quickest at all, it would surprise how fast the big man is over a short distance :lol:

Ask Craig Halkett  :lol:

Well he hasnt any pace at all but he isnt as bad as some of our posters would have you believe no doubt. He did an ok job for us when asked, scored the goal that beat you at Palmerston and had a big hand in our win at Alloa too.

I tend to agree.

He wasn't very good for us and nobody was terribly upset when he left.

However, he looked more convincing as a front player than the poor sod intermittently stuck up there of late, has managed to.

I tend to agree.He wasn't very good for us and nobody was terribly upset when he left. However, he looked more convincing as a front player than the poor sod intermittently stuck up there of late, has managed to.

Who is said poor sod who is stuck up there as of late?

You have both given me hope, I'm now confident the Heff will fire us to 4th place.

Who is said poor sod who is stuck up there as of late?

You have both given me hope, I'm now confident the Heff will fire us to 4th place.

Sorry. I was trying to answer this and wound up giving it an inadvertent red dot.

The player in question is a young guy called Jake Pickard. I genuinely feel sorry for him. There might be a player in there, but we're seeing little evidence, especially when he gets shoved forward.

I hope he comes good, but his manager is doing him no favours at present.

Sorry. I was trying to answer this and wound up giving it an inadvertent red dot.The player in question is a young guy called Jake Pickard. I genuinely feel sorry for him. There might be a player in there, but we're seeing little evidence, especially when he gets shoved forward.I hope he comes good, but his manager is doing him no favours at present.

Nae worries.

Ah ok, just assumed it may have been Lyle or Russell you were speaking of. I thought if you're rating Heff higher than them then we may have a player on our hands :lol:

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

Well he hasnt any pace at all but he isnt as bad as some of our posters would have you believe no doubt. He did an ok job for us when asked, scored the goal that beat you at Palmerston and had a big hand in our win at Alloa too.

was at that game he scored :) pretty average display from heff but he won us the three points. I was glad the deal was only till January.

No-one could accuse Hefferman of being a pacey striker but he does have a physical presence to hold off defenders, has quite good close control and can hold the ball up to make passes to attacking midfielders or a more mobile strike partner. As the saying goes, the legs may be gone but the football brain is still there. He didn't feature much for Queens but I felt he did ok when he did play. I'm not sure if he is a ninety minute player though.

No-one could accuse Hefferman of being a pacey striker but he does have a physical presence to hold off defenders, has quite good close control and can hold the ball up to make passes to attacking midfielders or a more mobile strike partner. As the saying goes, the legs may be gone but the football brain is still there. He didn't feature much for Queens but I felt he did ok when he did play. I'm not sure if he is a ninety minute player though.

That's a pretty accurate summary I'd say.

It was more the fact he was a player we didn't really need, and thus didn't play very often that made him a shit signing, rather than the fact he was/is shit.

Do we keep James Fowler for next season ?

Do we take take the chance that he will get Queens into the top 4 next season ?

Or get rid and see if we can get someone with more experience.

For me I don,t no if I could watch a boring Fowler team next season maybe time for a change.

Do we keep James Fowler for next season ?Do we take take the chance that he will get Queens into the top 4 next season ?Or get rid and see if we can get someone with more experience.For me I don,t no if I could watch a boring Fowler team next season maybe time for a change.

Taxi for James

It's looking more and more like we will need a new management team in next year, a fresh start, Jimmy Calderwood anyone he us desperate to get back into management very experienced manager.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

It's looking more and more like we will need a new management team in next year, a fresh start, Jimmy Calderwood anyone he us desperate to get back into management very experienced manager.

Christ, no.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Skelton step up. I suspect that's not a popular view though.