The Queen of the South thread

will the stand be similiar looking to the east stand or a bit smaller?

Probably bigger given that it has to incorporate offices, changing rooms and corporate facilities. The old one is not really that big and I would assume the new stand would stretch up by the Portland Drive Terrace. Interesting to see what they do at the enclosure near the Terregles Street end given the house beside it will restrict any new build going much further.

Incidentally, I think for both stands at the moment the seating is about 3,500, therefore with an new main stand I'm sure we would not be too far away from the magic 6,000 mark before we even consider the terraces behind both goals for any future SPL bids. Yes, I have been drinking!

Edited by qos_75

. Interesting to see what they do at the enclosure near the Terregles Street end given the house beside it will restrict any new build going much further.

That auld hoose yer blethering aboot used to be owned by Queens (maybe still is?) it used to be the abode of ex-manager Jim Easton. Maybe it could become a compulsory purchase in any upgrade. Interesting days aheed indeed.

That auld hoose yer blethering aboot used to be owned by Queens (maybe still is?) it used to be the abode of ex-manager Jim Easton. Maybe it could become a compulsory purchase in any upgrade. Interesting days aheed indeed.

I didn't know that.

I am afraid this sounds like an old record.

All Mark Robertson has said is that the previous redevelopment plans with DGHP have been ditched, some land has been sold off to keep the club afloat and they may meet with DGHP some time in the future regarding a possible less ambitious redevelopment of the Main Stand only.

It's becoming an annual amateurish embarrassment and raises false hopes. Most supporters will not be taken in by this.

I am afraid this sounds like an old record.

All Mark Robertson has said is that the previous redevelopment plans with DGHP have been ditched, some land has been sold off to keep the club afloat and they may meet with DGHP some time in the future regarding a possible less ambitious redevelopment of the Main Stand only.

It's becoming an annual amateurish embarrassment and raises false hopes. Most supporters will not be taken in by this.

Yes, talks to possibly take place in the future, funding to be sought, it's all a bit familiar.

The announcement really amounts to telling us to forget the earlier proposals, because they've had to be completely abandoned.

It's not about ground development; it's about the absence of it.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Like others I will believe this when I see it. Would be sad in a way. To me the old stand and the floodlights are what makes Palmerston.

Jeez when I first started going the old stand was the new stand which had only recently replaced the old old stand which had burned down!!

The person writing the match report wont have had any inside knowledge, so I wouldnt read anything into any implication you might take from it

Gus never gives us any indication on who is doubtful, players just don't appear on the day.

Do you have any inside knowledge that you would like to share with us?