The Queen of the South thread

14 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

If only the club had put the same effort into the recruitment of playing and coaching staff that they have creating made up titles for their pals.

Supporters Liason Officer and Football Development Manager, what a joke.

A Supporters Liaison Officer is part of the UEFA club licensing, its hardly a made up title

Not looking good 13 games without a win, and could end up 16, our next three games are Saints, Dundee United, and Hibs, thought that linesman decisions were awful, did not think the tan man's goal was offside, I would also have taken the young lad off at half time and replaced him them with Anderson, let's hoping that the new signings will be decent, and that Dobbies injury was not to bad.
Anyone know how long Dykes will be out.?

2 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

All clubs down to LL & HL (Tier 5) are licensed along with a few SOS & Junior clubs.  Goes from platinum level to entry level.  Quite fascinating that Hearts are only at entry level due to their financial issues and Spartans in the LL are at bronze level,

Here is a link that explains it.  http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_document_libraries.cfm?page=2570

Cheers. It says its "best practice" for Bronze level clubs, which we are. I assume what SD means is that that is changing next season to become a requirement. Either that or we're looking to move up from Bronze

4 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Cheers. It says its "best practice" for Bronze level clubs, which we are. I assume what SD means is that that is changing next season to become a requirement. Either that or we're looking to move up from Bronze

I actually wasnt conscious it wasnt mandatory at Bronze as I havent had time to go through the new manual properly yet (thats next week's task). However we are ranked as Gold on the Legal & Admin criteria and it is mandatory if we want to maintain the level of licence. As we are an overall bronze due to the stadium and youth set up though that wouldnt ultimately make much difference.

In any event it is a role that was planned and needed anyway even if it wasnt being pushed by licensing.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I actually wasnt conscious it wasnt mandatory at Bronze as I havent had time to go through the new manual properly yet (thats next week's task). However we are ranked as Gold on the Legal & Admin criteria and it is mandatory if we want to maintain the level of licence. As we are an overall bronze due to the stadium and youth set up though that wouldnt ultimately make much difference.

I hadnt really realised it was part of the Legal & Admin section

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

In any event it is a role that was planned and needed anyway even if it wasnt being pushed by licensing.

Thats what I meant earlier

Since we last won a game (17th September) the following teams in Scotland have won a league game

Scottish Premiership

Celtic

Rangers

Hearts

Aberdeen

St Johnstone

Patick Thistle

Dundee

Motherwell

Ross County

Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Hamilton Academical

Kilmarnock

Scottish Championship

Ayr United

Dumbarton 

Dundee Utd

Dunfermline Athletic

Falkirk

Hibernian

Morton

Raith Rovers

St Mirren

Scottish League One

Airdrieonians

Albion Rovers

Alloa Athletic

Brechin City

East Fife

Livingston

Queen's Park

Peterhead

Stenhousemuir

Stranraer

Scottish League Two

Forfar Athletic

Edinburgh City

Berwick rangers

Stirling Albion

Cowdenbeath

Annan Athletic

Arbroath

Clyde

Elgin City

Montrose

Edited by Sloop John B

I think our record number of consecutive games without a win in a single season is 18 in 88/89.

I think this is the worst run since 05/06 when we went 14 games without a win, amassing 4 points.

Currently 4 points worse off than at the same stage last season.

Although 5 points better off than the Gus team, which had won one game less. This team has scored one goal more than that one and conceded one less.

Edited by Flash