The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Who is Connor Murray been loaned out to again? Pretty disappointed he hasny been given a run this year. Certainly had a few standout games for the 20's.

Connor Murray is at Gretna. Like all the other loans, it expires on January 1st. He was put out on loan at a time when we had plenty of cover and for his long term development. Unfortunately once out on loan it's pretty much impossible to get them recalled (or rather it's easy to get them recalled but the League won't allow them to be eligible to play for the first team until the window opens so it amounts to the same thing). We were allowed to recall Jack Leighfield when Atkinson was injured as they give a wee bit more latitude on keepers. No latitude allowed on Murray or any of the others though. Murray, and Aidan Smith, will be back in the first team squad after the Ayr game unless it's mutually decided by all parties that they go back on loan again of course.

I reckon Queens would benefit, especially with the likes of Aidan returning. The squad is obviously struggling with injuries and also suspensions may start to crop up as well. I don't think Naysmith seemed too concerned with giving a few more youth players a decent run out, though the squad would benefit from decent signings to compliment the existing squad.

Connor Murray is at Gretna. Like all the other loans, it expires on January 1st. He was put out on loan at a time when we had plenty of cover and for his long term development. Unfortunately once out on loan it's pretty much impossible to get them recalled (or rather it's easy to get them recalled but the League won't allow them to be eligible to play for the first team until the window opens so it amounts to the same thing). We were allowed to recall Jack Leighfield when Atkinson was injured as they give a wee bit more latitude on keepers. No latitude allowed on Murray or any of the others though. Murray, and Aidan Smith, will be back in the first team squad after the Ayr game unless it's mutually decided by all parties that they go back on loan again of course.

I hope Aiden smith gets his chance in the first team. He might benefit from the balls in behind from dobbie using raw pace to beat defenders. And he probably our best up and coming prospect that I have seen anyway. Him and brotherston

I hope Aiden smith gets his chance in the first team. He might benefit from the balls in behind from dobbie using raw pace to beat defenders. And he probably our best up and coming prospect that I have seen anyway. Him and brotherston

I'd be content if we held on to Smith and left it at that on the strike front. He won't dislodge Lyle or Dobbie but his pace could be valuable against tiring legs.

Other areas are requiring improvement and I hope if Naysmith is given funds in January it isn't wasted on a striker.

37 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Somebody that can't multi quote might find creating an alias to be beyond them I would have thought.

Can`t being won`t in this case I suspect. So who knows. 

Either way if his aim is to irritate then he he sure does. 

I think he may be only the 2nd person I`ve had on ignore in more than 10 years on this site.

I'd be content if we held on to Smith and left it at that on the strike front. He won't dislodge Lyle or Dobbie but his pace could be valuable against tiring legs.

Other areas are requiring improvement and I hope if Naysmith is given funds in January it isn't wasted on a striker.

I agree. I am sure young smith can do a job for us whether that's coming off the bench or starting.

As for signings in January a creative midfielder to get Millar punted and a young Centre back is what I would like to see. Dowie and Higgins aren't getting any younger and well then their is brownlie.

Is there a time frame for when dale Hilson is back?

15 hours ago, gogs said:

I thought the Aidan smith loan was to the end of the season or have I got that totally wrong lol

No. Jan 1st. Same as all the other loans except Sam Henderson from the 20s who is now at Upper Annandale for the rest of the season. I would imagine most of the 20s squad will go out on Development loan somewhere for the rest of the season though.

Just been on this for the first time in days and had 5 pages to read and only found out that a few of the 20s squad are on loan and due back Jan 1st, the rest is bickering between yourselfs and rusty, I'm gona grass on you and get you removed from the sight??? Get a grip what ages are you?? Just ignore him and don't read his messages if he's annoying you that much, but frankly people like myself just want to see about going ons at the club