The Queen of the South thread

Sandy Clark is a good appointment. A wealth of experience which I am sure will be put to use. Like some other posters I have a feeling that this will see his son stay. Hopefully not!

Pleased with the days other signings. Things are beginning to move along quite nicely. Just need Robinson, Higgins & McGuffie to resign & we will have the nucleus of a good sqaud there.

I concur :)

Edited by Hawk

Why is everyone so adverse to Nicky Clark staying? I thought he did ok for us last season and dont see any reason why he wouldnt be a decent 2nd division player

Thought he was ok but didn't think he should have played up front ahead of Reilly but would be ok in midfield IMO.

Why is everyone so adverse to Nicky Clark staying? I thought he did ok for us last season and dont see any reason why he wouldnt be a decent 2nd division player

You,re probably right about being a decent 2nd div player Mr X however there was a bit of the Headless Chicken with him last season and he was very lightweight too easily pushed off the ball and a lot of half-hearted challenges. He has got time on his side though.

He had a really good 2nd half in the Aberdeen SC replay - that is the only time i can remember having seen him play really well this season unfortunately. He did show he could be a really capable player in that 45 minutes or so if he tried but seemed to lack desire to me.

I'm suddenly feeling dangerously confident. These re-signings are excellent and I'm pleased we're getting the squad sorted nice and early.

This is dangerous. Some of these guys are worth keeping and the young, local flavour is encouraging.

Remember though that most of them failed to shine in a team whose chances we would not have fancied against any 2nd division side last season.

There seems to be an assumption that dropping a league will turn us from relatively awful to relatively brilliant. Hope it happens.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

This is dangerous. Some of these guys are worth keeping and the young, local flavour is encouraging.

Remember though that most of them failed to shine in a team whose chances we would not have fancied against any 2nd division last season.

There seems to be an assumption that dropping a league will turn us from relatively awful to relatively brilliant. Hope it happens.

Don't worry, I'm not getting too carried away. At present, we only have eight players (I think) signed up for next season. I am pleased with the squad such as it is, but Johnston still has a lot of work to do over the next few weeks.

Still doesn't do it for me, not as good an option as Carmichael, Smith or Reilly for me and I would rather we looked elsewhere.

Fair enough, although I would play him as a winger rather than up front.

Also prefer Orsi on the wing. And yes, I do remember were a second division side, and no I still don't think he'll be good enough. Seen nothing a part from 45 minutes against Aberdeen to suggest otherwise, all about opinions though.

Also prefer Orsi on the wing. And yes, I do remember were a second division side, and no I still don't think he'll be good enough. Seen nothing a part from 45 minutes against Aberdeen to suggest otherwise, all about opinions though.

I'd prefer Orsi too, but him and Carmichael cant/wont play 90 minutes of every single game.

I'd prefer Orsi too, but him and Carmichael cant/wont play 90 minutes of every single game.

Why Mr X did you take a perfectly reasonable post from me from the 2nd Division forum? :(

I have always thought Black was the top player from that age group, just never got much of a chance.

It is all shaping up nicely now, hopefully Nicky Clark still gets punted despite his dad coming on board.

From what i have read over the net since following Qos, he was always rated fairly highly by the club.

Edited by A-Mac