The Queen of the South thread

I'll repeat what I said on the "new manager" thread. Pleased with this, bit of a leap into the unknown but hopefully it'll work out. Am also pleased that the Board moved quickly thus allowing Magic a few months to sort out a good squad for next season.

My thoughts exactly. The youngsters should get more appearances as it is probably a better level for them to step up and not be completely overwhelmed. Just need Elgin to get promoted for an extra couple of awaydays.

I recently signed up to Twitter, can any of you guys give me some Queens players who i could follow on it?

Here are a few, in no particular order;

[/url]

https://twitter.com/#!/kevsmith1987

https://twitter.com/#!/stevenblack17

https://twitter.com/#!/CraigReid_2

https://twitter.com/#!/samparkin15

Rumour on Facebook that Gavin Reilly has been released?

The page has now been updated to say that it is Smiley not Reilly that has been released. No surprise on that one, he isn't very good.

Edited by palmy_cammy

Agree with that.

I'm guessing Reilly will try to sign for a First Division side. Only thing that might count in our favour is that not many will have seen him play, thanks to Gus.

Also agree with the opinion of smilie, watched him a good few times and was never impressed much. Fingers crossed Reilly and Black get offered, can see Dan Orsi getting offered also.

It'll be interesting to see who we try to hold on to for next season. For me, I'd like to see the following remain at Palmerston:

Lee Robinson

Ryan McGuffie

Craig Reid

Chris Higgins

Dan Orsi

Gavin Reilly

Dan Carmichael

Stephen McKenna

Steven Black

Sam Parkin

Already under contract:

Kevin Holt

Kevin Smith

Marc McCusker

Unsure about:

Ian McShane

I wouldn't keep Robinson, but that's just me.

Out of that lot I would imagine Reid and Parkin will be out of our price range, but you never know.

@Mr X, reopen that thread in the second div, as it's actually quite interesting.

I will ... on the 27th ;)

** Ahem!!**

post-35393-0-28251900-1336584164_thumb.j

We're here for another fortnight :)

If you're not re-opening it, go close all the dunfermline related threads here, and all the other early movers? Thought not.

Er, I just looked at the Dunfermline thread, but its posted by a Raith fan, welcoming Dunfermline. Its also 4 pages now, so pretty pointless to close it

I've already closed at least one "early mover" thread earlier this week and if you want to point others out, I'll happily close them to :)

edited to add - Ive re-opened it and moved it to the 1st div forum. If its still going come GTF day, then it'll get moved back. Theres already a "can cowden survive in the 1st" thread on the 2nd div forum, so this seemed sensible

Edited by Mr X

Poster on the Mad Site saying Sandy Clark as assistant manager is a done deal.

Probably means Nicky will be staying if so. sad.gif

Was definetly the chat from a few people in social after the game saturday.

Just seen a rumour on FB that Stuart Rome has left his post with Gretna to take a role with Queens, source on FB says the source is BBC Cumbria.

Superb news about wee Dan, Hope he just gets left to attack like he did Saturday, was a joy to watch. Where you think Rome will fill in? can't see it being assistant position, More likely to take over Youth Development?