The Queen of the South thread

hope we bounce back up never thought we would even go down after those years of avoiding it carmichael should do brilliant in the 2nd division little magician

hope we bounce back up never thought we would even go down after those years of avoiding it carmichael should do brilliant in the 2nd division little magician

I'm hoping for the same from Kevin Smith, he was decent with Raith at that level before.

I am confident of going back up and looking forward to the season ahead. Hope there isn't anything wrong with being confident , is there?

Nothing wrong with it, but somehow it feels un-natural to be a confident Queens fan :unsure:

I am hopeful that we will see some entertaining football played by the team under Magic, if the last game against County is anything to go by :thumsup2

Marc McCusker has asked to be released according to today's Record - would free up funds for another new face if true.

Feel for him, Injuries have totally ruined his chances at Queens. But good news for us if true, no good to us on treatment table for the length he's been on it, hopefully allow us to bring in another striker.

Marc McCusker has asked to be released according to today's Record - would free up funds for another new face if true.

Agree,and hopefully one who can deliver on the park unlike Marc who was also a wasted wage last season. He was another of Gus's signings who had a history!

Edited by Hawk

New thread for a new season and a new division so how about some changes? Truthhurts, why don't you stop being an utter twat and red dotting every post made by Skyline Drifter? Either you are carrying out some sort of childish 'vandetta' or you are actually 5 years old.

Has there been any news/rumours about new faces coming into Palmerston?

New thread for a new season and a new division so how about some changes? Truthhurts, why don't you stop being an utter twat and red dotting every post made by Skyline Drifter? Either you are carrying out some sort of childish 'vandetta' or you are actually 5 years old.

Has there been any news/rumours about new faces coming into Palmerston?

Willie Gibson and Paul Burns were rumours at last game of season, doubt either will happen. Hutton was another one, but now Robinson's resigned, i doubt he'll be coming and Milligan boy coming in on trial at preseason. Tbh the Milligan rumour seems to be only one with any substance currently.

Heard we'll be surprised by the calibre of player were interested in, but that's all i've heard.

Willie Gibson and Paul Burns were rumours at last game of season, doubt either will happen. Hutton was another one, but now Robinson's resigned, i doubt he'll be coming and Milligan boy coming in on trial at preseason. Tbh the Milligan rumour seems to be only one with any substance currently.

Heard we'll be surprised by the calibre of player were interested in, but that's all i've heard.

Who did you hear this from?

Happy enough with those signings - particularly Robinson's.

Happy also with the idea that they're the last among those getting retained.

Thanks also to Mr X for driving the thread round in a van. This is the best place for it, even though I still just found myself looking absent mindedly in 1st Division land for it.

Agree with all of this and hopefully it'll just be for one season. :)

He's over 50 years old but the first part's right.

A Dalbeattie Star player stays next door to me . Last night , he told me Milligan is going to Queens pre season training , that is all , nothing signed or anything . If it doesn't work out , then he will go back to Southern Counties. He also said that Milligan is as small Danny C but thinks he will score goals in the Second Division, if given the chance . For anyone interested , the Star manager has just resigned .

You lot will be right upset that Marc McCusker is leaving - who'll get all the goals next season?

:lol:

I feel sorry for McCusker but he is so injury prone that any side that signs him is taking a massive gamble.