The Queen of the South thread

I was going to say the same. This one has served its purpose. New division, new thread I say. Clean broom and all that.

Perhaps Mr X, as moderator, should have the task of closing this one on GTF Day and and opening a new one in the Second Division Forum to signal the okay to move. ;)

Meh, if I remember :P

I see he hasn't shut a Ayr thread down there, do yer job son!!!!:P

:lol:

Havent seen it. Of course you could have reported it ... :whistle

No, I want this thread transferred as it is.

It can serve as a reminder to us of an era when we whined and whinged about a higher class of football.

We, the fans will move downstairs with the club so our pointless bickering, nostalgic wheezing and irrelevant pontificating should accompany us. We're not a Newco FFS.

I want the baggage - who's with me?

It can serve as a reminder to us of an era when we whined and whinged about a higher class of football.

We, the fans will move downstairs with the club so our pointless bickering, nostalgic wheezing and irrelevant pontificating should accompany us. We're not a Newco FFS.

It's all relevant to the club.

Edited by Hawk

I bugger off on holiday and folk are wanting to close the thread! I'm with Monkey Tennis on this one. The 'big thread' must remain open!

Not sure who has been released. But we have signed a few from last season and are staying full time

I expect wee carmichael to frighten defenders in the 2nd Division.

Would like to see Sam Parkin stay but unlikely

Edited by DUMFRIES_CREW

anyone heard anything about craig reid think he would be a good signing if he was played at his natural position maybe he is too good for the snd but he didnt really shine last season

First post on 2nd Div :/ Craig Reid currently a free agent. Would also like to see Higgins, Guff and Robinson sign up, if they do we'd have basis of a good squad.

Be interesting to see who Magic targets, would like to see Willie Gibson return may be too expensive though.

Craig Reid is being linked with Morton, although only rumours at this stage.

Be a very good signing for you's. Solid Defensively at both right back and centre half. Probably better as a centre half, going forward he isn't the best from right back.

Signings of McGuffie, Higgins and Lee "definitely away" Robinson confirmed on the OS

On the subject of Reid, I'd love to have him next season, but Id be amazed if he didnt get a contract with another 1st division club.

edited to add - Hiya Second division!

Edited by Mr X

Time for a new one of these I think:

Queen of the South

Goalkeepers

Lee Robinson (26) - May 2013

Defenders

Steven Black (20) - May 2013

Chris Higgins (27) - May 2013

Kevin Holt (19) - May 2014

Ryan McGuffie (32) - May 2013

Midfielders

Daniel Carmichael (22) - May 2013

Nicky Clark (21) - May 2013

Allan Johnston (38) - May 2013

Stephen McKenna (26) - May 2013

Ian McShane (19) - May 2013

Dan Orsi (20) - May 2013

Forwards

Marc McCusker (23) - May 2013

Gavin Reilly (19) - May 2013

Kevin Smith (25) - May 2013

Ages as at 1st August 2012

Success breeds success, continuous failure contributes to relegation. I think that this is all about mates being signed up. They aren't good enough for the 1st Division and I don't think they are capable of maintaining a promotion challenge.

I'm extremely disappointed by what is going on at Palmerston. I'll still be at the games though.

Success breeds success, continuous failure contributes to relegation. I think that this is all about mates being signed up. They aren't good enough for the 1st Division and I don't think they are capable of maintaining a promotion challenge.

I'm extremely disappointed by what is going on at Palmerston. I'll still be at the games though.

Robinson has never played below the 1st Division. McGuffie, McKenna and Smith are all well established 1st division players and Higgins has a 1st division winners medal from just two years ago, so Im not sure any of them could be described as "not good enough for the 1st Division"