The Queen of the South thread

I'm we've had this discussion before but looking at next year's away top I can't imagine it'll clash with any home kit (possibly Partick). Is there any need for the 3rd one?

I thought this years away top was marvellous fwiw.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm we've had this discussion before but looking at next year's away top I can't imagine it'll clash with any home kit (possibly Partick). Is there any need for the 3rd one?

I asked the same question on Facebook and SD gave this answer

Both shirts clash with Inverness blue and red stripes. The League also felt both were dark enough to potentially need a light alternative for playing teams in dark blue such as Falkirk and maybe Ross County. In any event they wanted a 3rd kit based on the original 1919 kit anyway.

29 minutes ago, Arsene Parcelly said:

Yet another horrible away strip.Possibly worse than last years golfing abomination?Home kit...hmmm.Will wait to see the finished article,initially thoughts are that it's not the greatest design.Edit....I actually like the new tops in that they're unique with one short sleeve and a long one.....brilliant!!!

I quite like the away one.  I take it it's a nod to the kit worn by Dumfries FC before the First World War.

I'm more alarmed by the chequered flag thing going on in the home strip.  Is it just that one that'll feature the names of fans?

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I quite like the away one.  I take it it's a nod to the kit worn by Dumfries FC before the First World War.

It was the KOSB shirt

That's a nice touch actually. Like MT I'm wondering if the names will be on all shirts. You'd think it'd make sense to put them on all 3 as it might increase sales with morons like myself who will definitely buy all 3 if it's the case [emoji38]

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's a nice touch actually. Like MT I'm wondering if the names will be on all shirts. You'd think it'd make sense to put them on all 3 as it might increase sales with morons like myself who will definitely buy all 3 if it's the case emoji38.png

The names are only on the home one. Its a special bespoke fabric. The others are made with standard fabric albeit the 2nd one is designed to match the KOSB kit.

39 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It would clash with anyone at all who wears red  or maroon such as Aberdeen, Stenhousemuir, Arbroath, Stirling Albion, even Hearts.

You might get away with wearing the blue against those teams of course but there's a chance, particularly if a floodlit game, that some refs would think the two kits were too dark to play v a maroon.

In any event, given Inverness will presumably use some variant of blue and red stripes as they usually do. Neither kit could be worn up there and we are clearly likely to still be sharing a division with them.

To be honest, unless you have a second kit out of left field in a light pink or silver or sonething, its pretty difficult these days to find a combination that doesnt need a 3rd kit. Might get away with a yellow one. Cant think of anyone currently using both blue and yellow in a first choice kit.

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It would clash with anyone at all who wears red  or maroon such as Aberdeen, Stenhousemuir, Arbroath, Stirling Albion, even Hearts.

You might get away with wearing the blue against those teams of course but there's a chance, particularly if a floodlit game, that some refs would think the two kits were too dark to play v a maroon.

In any event, given Inverness will presumably use some variant of blue and red stripes as they usually do. Neither kit could be worn up there and we are clearly likely to still be sharing a division with them.

To be honest, unless you have a second kit out of left field in a light pink or silver or sonething, its pretty difficult these days to find a combination that doesnt need a 3rd kit. Might get away with a yellow one. Cant think of anyone currently using both blue and yellow in a first choice kit.

I like the idea of a silver strip!

It’s a special limited edition by all accounts