The Queen of the South thread

3 hours ago, BIGdavieT said:

Yet another good thing this weekend was the attendance. 1900 home fans is the best in a while emoji3.png

Yes it was good. So it might have been an idea to announce that the next home game is against Crusaders on Saturday.  Not sure why there is such reluctance to announce the next home game at Palmerston, especially when it is a cup game with an unusual kick-off time and different pricing. I accept announcements might not do any good. But they don’t do any harm and cost nothing.

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 17:32, Doonhamer doon south said:

So lets begin the "all hail Sir Stephen love in"

Not only has he achieved Queens 2nd highest goal scorer of all time, he is also Scotland's current highest goal scorer this season and is now the joint 4th all time goal scorer in the current format of the Championship. 

Championship All time Top Goal Scorers

Jason Cummings 55

Derek Lyle 51

John Baird 48

Sir Stephen/James Keatings 41

Nicky Clark 40 

Club Legend

Just bumping this post

Sir Stephen is now closing in on 3rd spot all time championship (current format) top goal scorers. 45 now and counting . . . 

2 hours ago, Flash said:

Yes it was good. So it might have been an idea to announce that the next home game is against Crusaders on Saturday.  Not sure why there is such reluctance to announce the next home game at Palmerston, especially when it is a cup game with an unusual kick-off time and different pricing. I accept announcements might not do any good. But they don’t do any harm and cost nothing.

Alex forgot to do it during the game, which he apologised for afterwards when he realised. Human error. It happens.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Has it ever been done? There's every chance I miss it but I can't recall often hearing our next match being announced at half time or the end of the match.

Have heard it a couple of times, might have been last season or the one before, but no more than that. Not heard it for a while and certainly not this season. A shame that the one time it was going to be done, the announcer forgot.

Yet another good thing this weekend was the attendance. 1900 home fans is the best in a while [emoji3]

Great to see more Queens fans at Palmerston but I wonder how accurate the figures are. See the post on the madsite earlier about an exit gate being opened just before kick-off and stewards letting fans in without checking if they had tickets or not

4 hours ago, Steeplechat said:

Great to see more Queens fans at Palmerston but I wonder how accurate the figures are. See the post on the madsite earlier about an exit gate being opened just before kick-off and stewards letting fans in without checking if they had tickets or not

Maybe it doesn’t really matter too much. All I could see was a healthy crowd which was bigger than usual watching a cracking team performance.

2 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

0-0 draw with "The Famous" in reserve league game at Palmerston today. 

I saw about 6 or 7 minutes of the first half. Starting eleven for us was:

Jack Leighfield, Danny Irving, Charlie Exley, Archie Gardiner, Jake Thompson, Dan Harvey, Owen Bell, Dean Watson, Robbie Ivison, Ross Irving and Connor Murray

No "senior" players but generally our strongest team of youngsters minus the currently injured Gourlay and Tremble.

Derek Gaston was in goal for Morton. Don't think any of the others were senior players but not certain. Certainly none of them looked very old.

Is it possible to extend Semple's loan to make it the whole season? I'm not sure of the rules for loans and I think he's only here until January.
Absolutly this. His highlights have been good but watching via qostv90 games and this Saturday, he is a very good player. Great first touch, calm in defence seems to be able to pick a pass and was defintly getting his head on most crosses. Good player please extend his loan if he continues this run of form.

Maybe it doesn’t really matter too much. All I could see was a healthy crowd which was bigger than usual watching a cracking team performance.
Yeah it was great to see the stands quite full. The young lads in the terrace were brilliant. So much energy and didnt stop singing, bouncing etc. Should be praised.