The Queen of the South thread

Dunfermline beat Queens this afternoon. What a magnificent, magnificent, magnificently put together Dunfermline official Twitter account.

Pass him the log-in details Mr X and let him have a shot.

It would be magnificent to see his positive updates but I hope it would be one per minute, I want to know who is taking a throw-in, what colour of boots Dykes is wearing, it would be magnificent.

Why don’t you get yourself to the away reserves matches like you quite clearly expect the volunteers, who have been magnificent throughout the years, to do?

Your help Bluenortherner could magnificently improve our updates this year but nah just sit on this and bitch (which you are magnificent at btw) about a lack of updates for a reserves match.

Mr X is a club legend for what he has done throughout the years.

Be grateful because if he downed tools due to constant then we’d be in a horrible position.

1 minute ago, euanQOS said:

Pass him the log-in details Mr X and let him have a shot.

It would be magnificent to see his positive updates but I hope it would be one per minute, I want to know who is taking a throw-in, what colour of boots Dykes is wearing, it would be magnificent.

Why don’t you get yourself to the away reserves matches like you quite clearly expect the volunteers, who have been magnificent throughout the years, to do?

Your help Bluenortherner could magnificently improve our updates this year but nah just sit on this and bitch (which you are magnificent at btw) about a lack of updates for a reserves match.

Mr X is a club legend for what he has done throughout the years.

Be grateful because if he downed tools due to constant then we’d be in a horrible position.

Whoa, lets not get carried away :lol:

7 minutes ago, Bluenortherner said:

I bought a season ticket but haven't been to a game yet!

Do you think the value of it will pay the salary of employing someone to do Twitter updates for you?

If we could find someone else to do them (and the away match reports) then they would be doing them. I think I was the first to do Live Updates (away) before other tasks took over for me on match days. I havent been able to get to away games much lately anyway though. The last three people to do it have been journalism students who were also fans who did them voluntarily to add to their cv's. All of them eventually moved on after they got full time jobs and I think all of them would probably confirm they benefited from the opportunity (though I will leave it to euanqos to agree or not). It's probably the most likely source of a replacement eventually but if any regular away attendee fancies having a go at it then just get in touch and we can discuss it. Problem is most people who arent intent on making a career of it dont see any reason to do it without being paid. If they want to do it from the press area we can arrange free access to grounds as part of the media team but at some grounds that means being in a different stand to friends / family in the away support. Its a fair commitment and not easy to get someone to do for free.

Queens have told us the score today, which is an improvement on recent weeks.

There seems to be a problem with subs appearances registering on the OS stats, goals as well. There was a problem with Dobbie’s goals but it’s now fixed.

I think Robbie Ivison and Dean Watson have been on at some point but no appearances on the OS?

7 minutes ago, Brother Grimm said:

There seems to be a problem with subs appearances registering on the OS stats, goals as well. There was a problem with Dobbie’s goals but it’s now fixed.

I think Robbie Ivison and Dean Watson have been on at some point but no appearances on the OS?

Dobbies missing goal was down to me. I've tried but still not got to the bottom of why the subs stats arent right - still looking!

11 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Do you think the value of it will pay the salary of employing someone to do Twitter updates for you?

If we could find someone else to do them (and the away match reports) then they would be doing them. I think I was the first to do Live Updates (away) before other tasks took over for me on match days. I havent been able to get to away games much lately anyway though. The last three people to do it have been journalism students who were also fans who did them voluntarily to add to their cv's. All of them eventually moved on after they got full time jobs and I think all of them would probably confirm they benefited from the opportunity (though I will leave it to euanqos to agree or not). It's probably the most likely source of a replacement eventually but if any regular away attendee fancies having a go at it then just get in touch and we can discuss it. Problem is most people who arent intent on making a career of it dont see any reason to do it without being paid. If they want to do it from the press area we can arrange free access to grounds as part of the media team but at some grounds that means being in a different stand to friends / family in the away support. Its a fair commitment and not easy to get someone to do for free.

Unfortunately, more unlikely now as theres no journalism students based in Dumfries, as far as I know

I doubt I would be much good on Twitter anyway, I keep missing goals at whatever game I go to for some reason or another. I'm not really into reading about any teams' magnificent reserve sides, it was just the point of actually making the effort. As for the matter of Mr X, I have no idea who he is and don't really care.

10 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Dobbies missing goal was down to me. I've tried but still not got to the bottom of why the subs stats arent right - still looking!

It's like there not even marked as going on, when you look at the lineup. Not sure that helps, as I assume someone has ticked a box etc to say the player has came on.

5 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Unfortunately, more unlikely now as theres no journalism students based in Dumfries, as far as I know

Were they all at Dumfries? Not convinced the location of the course matters unless you are saying less Dumfries people will undertake journalism as a career because its not running at the Crichton Campus. If a Queens fan is doing journalism in Glasgow or wherever then they could still do the job though transport might not be as convenient if they dont have their own car.

27 minutes ago, Brother Grimm said:

I posted it following your comments last week. I will continue to post results when I get them. The only reason the team and scorers are there though is because I picked them up from Dunfermline's "magnificent" twitter coverage.

The only reason the team and scorers are there though is because I picked them up from Dunfermline's "magnificent" twitter coverage.

I have to agree, magnificent Twitter coverage indeed, absolutely magnificent!

I guess it's the frustration of not knowing what is happening at games is just getting to me a wee bit. Come on somebody, please volunteer!

1 hour ago, Brother Grimm said:

It's like there not even marked as going on, when you look at the lineup. Not sure that helps, as I assume someone has ticked a box etc to say the player has came on.

They have but for some reason its not being recorded properly.

57 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Were they all at Dumfries? Not convinced the location of the course matters unless you are saying less Dumfries people will undertake journalism as a career because its not running at the Crichton Campus. If a Queens fan is doing journalism in Glasgow or wherever then they could still do the job though transport might not be as convenient if they dont have their own car.

Yeah, pretty sure they were all at Dumfries, maybe its just coincidence that we couldnt find anyone now

1 hour ago, Bluenortherner said:

I doubt I would be much good on Twitter anyway, I keep missing goals at whatever game I go to for some reason or another. I'm not really into reading about any teams' magnificent reserve sides, it was just the point of actually making the effort. As for the matter of Mr X, I have no idea who he is and don't really care.

Which bit of not having anyone to "make the effort" do you not get?