The Queen of the South thread

Aw... There is a balance tween individual brilliance and contribution to a team! I think Stephen is a leader. I have watched him over the last few weeks he is a leader. Mickey also is a leader.  Stephen made bad decisions today. 

r. 

Mr X can you bin this one pronto? [emoji38]

I see Todd has picked up man of the match awards on a couple of QoS pages. Just goes to show you we all see things differently. I thought he was comfortably one of our worst performers today.

I’m sure in his interview after his debut Norman said something about it being is job to win the ball back and give it to our front four.

I wasn’t there today but I’m not surprised we’ve looked a bit flat and stale. That will happen when picking the same starting XI every week.

Ideally we’d freshen it up next week, but one of the hardest games of the season isn’t maybe ideal timing to experimenting.

Norman for Jacobs and Frizzell for Stirling seem the obvious changes if we are to make any.

Dobbie and Dykes could probably do with a break but as we have literally no other strikers on the books that is impossible.

Todd was good today, Mercer was really good I felt though. Miles Storey on the left wing never got much against him. The first 2 goals came from Christie Eilliot down the right, while the third was just a brilliant finish. Mercer, going forward, was a threat (to an extent) as well. He gave everything. It’s amazing to see how far he’s progressed since being somewhat a liability last season.

Todd was good today, Mercer was really good I felt though. Miles Storey on the left wing never got much against him. The first 2 goals came from Christie Eilliot down the right, while the third was just a brilliant finish. Mercer, going forward, was a threat (to an extent) as well. He gave everything. It’s amazing to see how far he’s progressed since being somewhat a liability last season.
We were completely overrun in the middle of the park in the first half. Todd was nowhere to be seen. He took his goal well and had one run where he then passed the ball to a Thistle player. He's been very good recently but I'm genuinely gobsmacked folk think he gave a MOTM level performance yesterday. He was easily in my bottom 3.

10 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

I’m sure in his interview after his debut Norman said something about it being is job to win the ball back and give it to our front four.

I wasn’t there today but I’m not surprised we’ve looked a bit flat and stale. That will happen when picking the same starting XI every week.

Ideally we’d freshen it up next week, but one of the hardest games of the season isn’t maybe ideal timing to experimenting.

Norman for Jacobs and Frizzell for Stirling seem the obvious changes if we are to make any.

Dobbie and Dykes could probably do with a break but as we have literally no other strikers on the books that is impossible.

This is our huge problem we have only 2 strikers to choose from .

Last season we had Lyle and Kane as well as Dobbie and Dykes .

Amazed we signed Frizzell when we needed another striker .

We would have been better to hold on to Lyle for another season at least he has a goal threat .

Dykes all round play is good but he has no goals in him never really looks like he will score .Dykes always looks to pass to Dobbie let Dobbie do the hard part of scoring the goals ..

The team needs freshing up it is going stale time to get the likes of Norman and Frizzell a start maybe get another yound player in .

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
10 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

We were completely overrun in the middle of the park in the first half. Todd was nowhere to be seen. He took his goal well and had one run where he then passed the ball to a Thistle player. He's been very good recently but I'm genuinely gobsmacked folk think he gave a MOTM level performance yesterday. He was easily in my bottom 3.

Totally agree. I thought Todd spent far too much of his time in our own half, in part covering runs forward from Marshall. I'd much prefer to see Todd making these runs. He's shown he can unlock defences if given the chance. Don't see Marshall having that impact.

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

On the discussion of CM. That's two weeks in a row I've found myself extremely frustrated with Jacobs. Two or three times today he got into great attacking positions and similarly he did it last week once or twice. But when he gets there he has absolutely no clue what to do. You have to believe if it was our attacking minded midfielder something could come from these opportunities. If you don't know what to do up there get fecking back Jacobs emoji38.png

To be fair Dykes showed as well that when presented with the opportunity to have a shot his first instinct is to look up to find |where Dobbie is. Wasted a couple of decent chances yesterday. Won a ton of headers though but how many did we use ?

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
10 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

I had Josh Todd as our man of the match. Only of our front five to get his foot on the ball, get it down and play anything like as well as he has been. 

We didn't dominate midfield yesterday, Stirling wasn't his usual effectve self and perhaps should  have been replaced earlier by Frizell. I thought Dobbs was a bit greedy at times and the high balls to Dykes became predictable. Queens could defnitely have won that game, but defensive lapses, like those for the first two Thistle goals, are always  going to be punished. Great travelling support !