The Queen of the South thread

40 minutes ago, baw heid said:

Best goal I've seen in a long time. 24 passes, fantastic

And a good bit of tenacity by Dykes at the end of it to set Dobbie up. Dykes' workrate and attitude must be one of the most improved things at Palmerston and I speak as someone who has been very critical of him in the past.  

And a good bit of tenacity by Dykes at the end of it to set Dobbie up. Dykes' workrate and attitude must be one of the most improved things at Palmerston and I speak as someone who has been very critical of him in the past.  
Yep. Completely different player this season. Have had no reason to criticise in any game. Attitude is completely different as is his ability when played through the middle.

Yep. Completely different player this season. Have had no reason to criticise in any game. Attitude is completely different as is his ability when played through the middle.
Was it you who said last week he is looking tired? I felt he looked knackered and maybe could of been given a rest when 70 mins in. Hardly surprising though. He playing well and his work rate and unselfish nature with running and chasing deserves more praise than he gets.

I had a bit of a laugh last season when I heard Hearts were supposedly interested in Dykes  but if he keeps on improving,   as he seems to be,  a move up  to higher level migt not be so implausible.  (If he doesn't do that with Queens obvs) 

Was it you who said last week he is looking tired? I felt he looked knackered and maybe could of been given a rest when 70 mins in. Hardly surprising though. He playing well and his work rate and unselfish nature with running and chasing deserves more praise than he gets.
Yeah I thought near the end of the St Johnstone (90 min) and Falkirk game he looked to be tiring.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
16 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Yeah I thought near the end of the St Johnstone (90 min) and Falkirk game he looked to be tiring.

Dykes has tremendous stamina and versatility according to a club insider. 

all the players and 'management ' are playing with so much confidence and belief at the moment, a big turn around from last season. The formation  is slightly different at home than last season with more emphasis on attacking. Last season it seemed to be about keeping opposition out and stop them from scoring and we'd get a point. When the opposition play breaks down there is a readiness to play the ball forward quickly.

7 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Yes, he is responding to the way he is expected to play. I'm so impressed